1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by i3artow i3aller, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Please basketball gods let us get one of these kids.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I saw it. No, I wouldn't say Chet got worked over but he did struggle at points with the sheer size of Victor. I don't think Chet is used to playing against many players that are longer than he is. Victor has like a 7'10" wingspan and is a good athlete as well, and is 7'2" as a 17 year old. Chet isn't super strong so he could not try to bully Victor inside and looked uncomfortable at times not being the biggest guy on the court.

Chet still did lots that were positive, and I wouldn't read too much into a single game other than Chet is going to need to make some adjustments... Chet still was good

4. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

This could just be me being "in the moment" and it's really the 1st time I've had an extended look at Chet or Victor but if the NBA draft rules were still like they were back around '79-80 (see Bird, Larry) I would draft Wembanyama NOW and just wait 1 or 2 years till he becomes NBA eligible!

Talk about an unblockable hook shot! (don't want to call it a skyhook just yet)

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Victor's stepback jumper was pretty sweet too. I watched the game without knowing any of the players reputations.

Within 5 minutes I thought "wow the French big dude has got it all"

i3artow i3aller and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Chet shouldnt put on too much weight.
    [​IMG]

7. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Victor outshined Chet, but it's a long way to go to the draft, it's only a U19 game and plenty of time to develop.

Basically, whoever can add strength for banging in the NBA paint and along with their versatile skillsets, can effectively also defend the perimeter down the road in this guard oriented league, both players are unicorns offensively.

Still, Victor dominated and was impressive for being younger.

8. omgTHEpotential

It will be interesting to see how many minutes Wembanyama will get next season. I assume he's going to get at least 15 minutes per game in the French league, but Euroleague could be trickier with his current build.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What’s crazy is Chet is a freakish talent, Victor is literally the same player just bigger and younger.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. Nook

Nook Member

He is neither.....

He is fairly unique...... he is an exceptional shot blocker (could be the best in the world someday), he is an exceptional passer (may be as good or better than Jokic because he is so mobile and will pass bringing the ball up)........ he is a good ball handler that can run the floor better than other centers.... a good shooter with a blossoming ability to score off the dribble all over the court)......... and he is VERY thin, and at his size there are concerns that he will be injury prone..... he will be pushed around by players like Jokic inside, likely for his entire career.... but he also will likely burn players like Jokic on the other end of the floor.

DonatelloLimestone and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

He's not a C or PF, he's a giant wing. Very intriguing prospect.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Future rocket please

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I would rather have Seguin than Holmgren, i think Jalen Green played with him before, I seen this guy played before he is very thin...he knows how to play, he can shoot and block but it going to take him 2 or 3 years to do something. He is not physical and not very strong.....i think Mobley is stronger than him. Sengun is big, physical, elite passer and just need to learn how to shoot. He is a elite player, I do not want to tank this year for him.....nonononononoooooo

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Our rookies are exciting. Most teams that lose their STAR player usually takes at least 3 good DRAFTS. In those three drafts, you are hoping for a Superstar, Star Player and another star player or borderline star.
    Oklahoma drafted Durant, Westbrook, Serge Ibaka and Harden in 3 years....Atlanta in 3 years draft John Collins, Trae Young, DeAndre Hunter and got lucky with Capela(thanks rockets).....Phoenix drafted Devin Booker, Jackson, Bridges and Deandre Ayton and Chris Paul dropped in their lap in three years. Rockets have their Superstar and three Stars in a 1 year and a half:

SUPERSTARS: Jalen Green
    Star: Kevin Porter
    Star: Apleren Sengun
    Star: Christian Wood
    Solid Role Players: Tate, Garuba and Martin

Waiting...For that free agents to sign with us.......next year

futilman likes this.
  16. DonatelloLimestone

but you have to realize, look at Trey Young's Rookie year...abysmal.
    Devin as well, he was solid but they almost have a huge learning curve to get effiicent. Lamelo started on the bench. Curry did as well and picked it up. Kobe was terrible his first year. Lebron shot 43/41 percent on high useage his first year, likewise with Durant.

Realyl our hope is that the gleague experiment really gives him a leg up, which I think it will have some advantages.

Sengung is going to be good. he is just a true basketball palyer and skilled with great intution. Whether he can be used as a star or not, no clue, but love the talent. we have done a good job getting te direction right.

17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sign me the **** up.

19. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Looks way better than Evan Mobley.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like what Porzingis should be.

Looks like he’s filling out some but damn is he skinny.