1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Check this out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevie Francis, Sep 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Stevie Francis

Ok i remember the article in seattle about payton. He stated that there was a 70/30 chance he would leave seattle because he doesn't like the way he is treated. I say the rockets should try to get this guy. Because payton is tall enough to guard some 2's in the nba and the francis could slide over to sg. And then he will be unleashed onto the nba.

But hey it was just and idea. We would have to give up Mo, Cato, and some other stuff in a 3-4 way trade to get this done. Like i said before i'm still intresting in bonzi if we can get him for 4.5mil.

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

They wanted griffin for Rashard....what makes you think they will take Mo and Cato plus some bubble gum for Payton?

3. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

There was an article about a week ago with the Penny to the Laker rumor that stated that the Sonics contacted the Rockets about Payton but the Rockets didn't even want to talk. They were probably expecting to get Mobley, Griffin, and maybe Rice for salary for Payton if they wanted Griffin for just Lewis. Good move by the Rockets to not listen.

4. Stevie Francis

thats why i said it would be a multi team trade so we don't have to trade griff or cat. I mean it would be great to have gp at 1, and sf at 2, and cat coming of the bench to back up gp or sf. Cause if he come is forGP francis could slide to pg, or if he comes in for SF GP could play pg.

#4 Stevie Francis, Sep 23, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2002
  5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

regardless...there is no way that we are going to get another (or 2 other) team(s) to facilitate us getting Payton for garbage. Someone, somewhere would have to give up a high draft pick or a good player and they aint gonna do it if they arent getting payton

6. verse

verse Contributing Member

october...please hurry.

:(

7. Stevie Francis

i know what you mean verse it sucks not having any thing to talk about which results in some weird threads.

nice sig.

#7 Stevie Francis, Sep 23, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2002
  8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Its about time for posters to collect themselves, just sit back and let the season unfurl! I feel sure that the powers that control the Rockets are considering every option available! As there has been no news, its time to stop trying to second guess just what Rudy T and CD are planning to do!

9. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Looks like that's exactly what they did. Payton wouldn't improve this team. What we would subtract is far greater. :rolleyes:

10. leehoang

leehoang Member

i wouldn't mind having payton on this team

i think if he was on the team

we would have a really good defense.

knowing we'll have a 7'6 guy in the middle.

and then add gary who on the all defensive team, who knows

how many times?!?!?

yeah but we all know it won't happen.

11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Payton has a bad atititude, although he was pretty good about it last year. What if he blows up like before?

12. Stevie Francis

i think payton has matured to the point of not putting his team down.

13. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Steve Franis is about as willing to move from PG to SG as much as Mike Piazza is willing to move to first base.