1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Check this out: Jim Petersen almost claims Spurs loss is conspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Listening to the Cavs-Wolves and former Rocket Jim Petersen is the color announcer for the Wolves.

The play-by-play guy mentions how the Spurs did the Wolves "no favors" last night when the Rockets beat them, and that Tim Duncan "missed a bunch of shots"...

Petersen busts in... "I'm not saying it's a conspiracy for sure now, but if you're Greg Popovich and you're looking for the #1 seed, who would you rather play?"

"The Timberwolves or the Rockets?" and started busting out laughing...

Not a joke -- dude made it sound like the Rocks were total cream puffs in comparison to Minnesota.

What a jackass.... I need to scratch the "Ivory Tower" from the History section.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

2. RockenRam5

RockenRam5 Member

Yeah, i was watching on NBA league pass, and i heard just a little bit of it, and I got that feeling too. What an a$$ hole

------------------
    "GiddyUP!!!"
    Krammer from Seinfeld

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

That was hilarious. I couldn't believe it. Who do they think the Wolves are? Why are they so much worse for the Spurs?

------------------
    This message has been brought to you by the "Hard-dose-of-reality" Virus.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's fine, let the Wolves think we are scrubs, and when we play them on the last game of our season, we will annihilate them on our way to the 8th seed. And they will be stuck in the lottery that they can't use.

------------------
    "all your base are belong to us!"
    "you have no chance to survive make your time!"

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Is Peterson the ex-Rocket ?

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

6. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Just when I think that guy is a pretty good announcer he goes off and makes himself a complete ass with that comment.

More teams are scared of the Rockets than the Twolves. The Twolves have, and will always be, first round fodder.

The Wolves are one star, a sold pg, and ALL role players. The only way they win, is if their damn role players have huge games.

o yea,

and I'm sure the Spurs wanted to lose this one so that they would go into a tie with the Jazz in the loss column.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited March 18, 2001).]

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Don't you guys remember him from calling the Rockets-Twolves game when Calvin was sick? He filled in and called it with Bill... and was a serious jackass. He kept putting down the Rockets all game, would talk about how good the Twolves are, and acted so stunned when the Rockets won. Doesn't anyone remember that?

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

8. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

They are pretty damn cocky.

If I'm correct the Wolves have not improved from last year. Weren't they like a 6 or 7 seed last year? That being said, they are being given a run for their money, by a team in its 1st full year of rebuilding.

The wolves are the epitome of mediocrity. The Wolves are KG with the rest of the role players on that damn team strapped to his back.

And with their COMMANDING half game lead on us, they can't help but feel confident.

------------------

9. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Well, if I were the Spuds, I would rather play the T-pups. The Spuds guards are old and can't keep up with our dynamic duo (see last nights game). Also Duncan and Rob would handle Garnett, so it would be up to the pups role players to win it (not gonna happen)

Peterson didn't get that job because of his brains.

------------------
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."-
    (Aldous Huxley)

10. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Cat I remember that. He was putting the team down, kept bragging about Garnett and all the scrub players on the bench. What a trash ex rocket. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Put this Jim Peterson guy right up there with Quitten for being the worst Rockets of all time! [​IMG]

------------------

12. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Oh, man, I almost hate to do this...

First let me just state that in NO way can I justify what Petersen said...that was a complete ******* thing to say about any team, ESPECIALLY my Rockets. [​IMG]

But the only reason I can think of is this: Hasn't Minnesota given San Antonio a really hard time when they've played? Not just this season--where even though SA won the series 3-1, two of the games went to OT--but in the last couple years? For some reason, Minnesota and San Antonio always play great games against each other.

Once again, that DOESN'T justify Petersen's comments at all...I believe we ARE a better team than Minnesota, and at the end of the season we WILL have the better record...but I'm just trying to give Petersen the benefit of the doubt. After all, we have only beaten SA once in the last twelve tries, right? And while we always play them close as well, last night was the first time we'd broken through with a win against them in a LONG time.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

not only that, but if the rockets mess around and end up #7, that would push the suns down to #8. the suns are the LAST team the spurs want to play in the playoffs.

i hate people who dismissively disrespect the rockets as an attempt to seem knowledgeable and cool. quite the opposite seems to inevitably result.

------------------
    Lt. Roastabotch reporting for duty!

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

All your T-pups are belong to our alpha Wolfpack.

15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If Petersen's theory is true then that means Bullard is really a Spur, a hired 3 pt assassin...say it ain't so Matt, say it ain't so!!!!

------------------

16. verse

if anyone is a 6th man for the opposition, it's shandon anderson.

------------------
    Lt. Roastabotch reporting for duty!

17. verse

heyp:

LOL!

[whisper]just don't ask who the alpha male is.[/whisper]

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I have to admit it, that was funny! [​IMG]

19. Nomar

Nomar Member

Wait, thats not the Peterson guy that does play by play for the AM station is it???
    The guy who said "How sweet it is"???

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

thats gene peterson, 26 year voice of the rockets. this guy is jim

------------------
    http://www.democrats.com

mgh 1925-2001

[This message has been edited by dc rock (edited March 18, 2001).]