1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Check out my nail salon in Cypress!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by khanhdum, May 10, 2016.

1. hvic

hvic Member

Congrats and the place looks beautiful

2. MystikArkitect

Great job on the design and construction. Remember that the service keeps the lights on. Bells and whistles are nice but never rely on that to bridge the gap between moderate service and excellent service. My wife is super picky with her nails so I'll tell her to give you guys a whirl and support a fellow CF.

Good luck and congrats!

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It must be lucrative when run well. Every storefront in San Francisco is turning into a nail salon and commercial rents here are ridiculous.

Oh and there is one in the Castro called Hand Job, LOL.

4. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

The "lucrative" part is when they evade paying taxes by not depositing all (but partial of) the cash and put on the books credit cards transactions or check deposits. By doing this, they also evade paying sales tax to the state which would be 8.25% in Cypress (if they charge their customers tax).

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

breh, you can't just call OP out like that.

If we're going to have that, then settle it like men, with a duel...keyboards out.

6. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Lol it's true... all my Vietnamese friends with nail salons in Cali do the same.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dang, Congrats breh! I would like to start my own business too someday. Wish you all the best.

Sidenote, is your wife hiring? I hear houstunnin breh is in need. He only needs $5.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Looks like a classy place, I wont be able to give you any business lol but if I got my nails done that's the spot I would hit up.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

if it's well run and obviously have a lot of clients, it is lucrative since your highest overhead is rent. Supplies are pretty cheap and then it's just labor which leaves a bit of profit. Revenue just depends on how big the shop is and how much employees they have, since the more employees the more potentially they can make. There are shops in Houston with 50 employees on a weekend which could mean grossing $10,000 a day.

thanks man, my gf and I are into modern interior design and always on houzz and HGTV

I understand you're trolling but talking crap about someone's business which is their livelihood isn't cool especially when you don't know anything about the business. We actually are pretty strict on our hiring process and make sure stuff like that isn't happening. They're actually not suppose to talk in a foreign language while working on a client.

We actually are very strict on our hiring process and my GF who does all the acrylic now is one of the top acrylic nail techs in Houston. She's flown to Cali and taken further advanced education and is just naturally good. Thanks for telling your wife to come by. I'm sure she'll love it.

LOL hand job, some of the names are ridiculous, including some here. Like they just pick a random word in the dictionary and add nail spa.

That's so far off the mark. I don't know of any shop that charges state tax. It's a service so there's no tax on the service. The "lucrative" part is when they actually have a lot of clients, not evading taxes. Of course you'll have businesses that will try to avoid taxes but that's not only nail salons.

thanks breh, starting a business isn't all gravy though, it's a lot of hard work and currently we have to try to market our salon since the space we occupied was down for 4 months and have to get people to know there's a salon here now.

lol thanks anyways. It's good to get a pedicure every now and then.

10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

pics of gf or no one will visit

11. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Congrats! Need any advice , hit me up!

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

sure if that helps the cause:

[​IMG]

thanks do you own one too?

1 person likes this.
  13. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Actually got 2 locations. Maybe more in the future.

14. dragician

dragician Member

what kind of massage does the chair provides?

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He was joking, lol.

Congrats and good luck.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Now need pic of gf next to a loaf of bread to know it's really her. :D

17. Asian Sensation

Is Jimmy McGill available?

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

When I first saw that title I was like wtf does this poster know the demographics of this site? Then I read the OP and saw it explained and chuckled.

I am not local to Houston but that definitely looks like a place my wife would enjoy. The place she goes now is drab and boring, but they are ultra clean which is why she chose them. Your place looks great and I hope you are super successful.

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Better Call Quan

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

nice man, we are definitely looking to have multiple locations eventually. we're really slow this week but I'm guessing week after mother's day when everybody got pampered already since we were busy during the weekend.

they massage the back and butt in multiple settings. nothing complicated since we could only integrate a simple system without ruining the looks of the chair

lol I know he was but figured to shut any future posts about pics of my gf and have it dominate the thread

[​IMG]

if anybody is climbing any billboards, let me know.

Thank you very much, most nail salons look very depressing which it shouldn't be if that's the place where you go to relax. Thank you and we keep the place very clean also.

1 person likes this.