1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cheapest tire shop in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nguyen3706, Jun 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

Need to purchase 2 new tires for my car, and as of right now, Discount tires seems to be the cheapest. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

go to an independent tire shop..some sell new tires and even almost new used tires...all cheaper than chain tire shops

3. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

anyone specific ones you know of? thanks

4. PanchoVilla3504

Loyal Tire
    5138 Hwy 6 North
    Houston, TX 77084
    Located between Keith Harrow and Timber Creek on Hwy 6, right next to O'Reilly Auto Parts

5. PanchoVilla3504

6. ontherox21

ontherox21 Member

Mejj tire service

I've gotten my last 4 sets of tires from them and never dissapointed. Last set of 20'' BF Goodrench Truck Tires were $350

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Not the cheapest tires but modestly priced, because they're franchised, but the River Oaks GOODYEAR on Westheimer and Weslayan has always provided good service and always has given great mechanic advice and assistance. I've gotten work done there for my car's brakes, inspection sticker, and catalytic converter among other things there. Even if you don't get your tires from there, you'll get honest opinions on your car or its components.

The tires might not be the cheapest, but they're still priced well below most pricey chains. Ask for RUSK and tell them you come with a recommendation from a friend... and you'll get a good discount. I promise you that. :eek: SwoLy word.

They're so cheap because they're mutts from Goodyear+BFGoodrich. ;)

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'll never go anywhere but Discounttire from now on. They repaired my tires before I was even a customer. That won me over, and the customer service is #1.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

most of the chains (like NTB) will match prices if you can bring it to them in writing.

10. The Boz

The Boz Member

Dicount tire will be your best bet. Research tire price online. If discount is not cheaper, they will beat the price. Also, if you shop online and make an appointment, the price is cheaper. Also, the tire price at Discount is negotiable. Never take the first offer. They will always come lower. My last set of tires were "marked" $200 each and I got them for $175 each.

11. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

which location?

12. dianap07

dianap07 Member

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Isn't that illegal?

;)

No, but for real... how did this happen? What's the story behind it?

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Discount Tire is awesome. They always come off like they know what they are talking about and doing. And granted, you pay for it when you purchase the tires, but free lifetime balance and rotation, free tire repair and free replacement, can't go wrong with that. And those certs, man, they pay off. We got a punctured tire driving from DC back to Houston. Had a layover in Jacksonville. Tire couldn't be fixed so they replaced it for free. God knows how much we'd pay for a new set 500 miles away from home!

I've been to several different ones in Houston, but the one that seems the best is the Meadows location.