1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cheap Poster/Memorabilia Framing in Houston/Online???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Gummi Clutch, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I am finally looking to get my collection of posters and memorabilia framed for the man cave.
    I am not looking to spend a whole lot, but I want something that looks better than taping or tacking them to the wall.
    My collection comes in a variety of sizes, so I am guessing most would be customized as I doubt any place would stock that many different sizes of frames?

If anyone has any suggestions locally or online please let me know.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I mean, seriously, Asia? You framed an Asia poster? How hard did the people at the frame store laugh when you brought this in?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

This is a decent option: https://www.hollywoodposterframes.com/ You send the measurements and they send you a frame. They use plexiglass and materials that won't damage paper over time (don't frame with glass touching the paper, it'll lift the image over time.) Also, you'll want UV protection to protect from fading. I have several movie poster framed with their frames. They aren't the best, but they will protect your paper.

A more expensive option is Davis Hardware: they are not cheap, but they are some of the best framers in Houston. http://www.davishardware.com/

You pay more, but you get more. Make sure to use archival quality plexiglass with UV protection no matter what option you go with, and if you decide to "back" your paper, use someone that does acid free linen backing. Places like Michaels will try to glue your paper to a backing board and often they use bad products that are not reversible.