1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cheap Airfare

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Bird, May 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. The Bird

The Bird Member

So I need to book a flight from Houston to Tallahassee and i've been trying cheapair expedia priceline they are all reasonable prices but I need some CF help to find cheaper ticket for airfare. Any suggestions?

2. kikimama

kikimama Member

try looking on travelzoo.com

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

You could fly with your wings.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

don't forget to check the Airlines themselves for special deals and flexible travel dates, something the big search engine sites don't always give you.

some of teh smaller airlines never even show up on the radar of those search sites.

airtran?

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

use kayak.com

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

This. I'll take a look at priceline, orbitz, expedia, etc. but I will always check the company websites too. 90% of the time the company's website will be cheaper. 100% of the time when dealing with hotels.

7. wheelsofsteel

wheelsofsteel Member

Tallahassee is an extremely tough airport to get in and out of. No Direct flights from Houston anymore. You will likely have to pay a premium and fly through ATL or Memphis.

8. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

:eek: Clever

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

disagree.. i've consistently found better deals with cheap-hotels.com (or maybe it was one of the other common ones) and def. priceline rather than the hotel's actual site

10. tested911

tested911 Member

BookingBuddy.com

I use to use Kayak.com all the time then found the bookingbuddy website. So much better because all you do is enter key dates and start clicking or choosing various airfare website for the best deals. Yes Kayak is one of the sites you can choose. Just be mindful that some sites do not include the extra fees until checkout.

11. VanityHalfBlack

I'll drive you there for free...

12. Ari

Ari Member

Kayak.com is by FAR the best of the travel search engine type websites, and it even lets you do a simultaneous search with the other popular sites like expedia, travelocity, and the rest.