1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHAZ] Seattle Autonomous Zone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

No. They are speculating that extortion could happen (and it very well may).

If there were allegations of extortion the wording would be “Local businesses are claiming they are being extorted”.

They do not want to be sued.... so they use words alluding to the possibility of future extortion and people run with it because it fits their personal belief system.

#121 Nook, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Obviously it isn’t good. The city is banking on either peaceful negotiations or enough people get bored and go home. If it extends long enough the city will try to pushing out the protesters.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You keep reinforcing my very points. Political hyperbole, check. Unable to back up statements with substance, check. Watch this video for the REAL truth, check.

You're a Republican cliche. Boring.

#123 CometsWin, Jun 12, 2020
    London'sBurning likes this.
  4. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Yes, north of Seattle, 20 mins to Chaz. I may have to pay some types of fee to get in, it is the newest country in the world now, number 196.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Multiple sauces amirite?

Actually interestingly enough - interviews with businesses show they aren't losing any money as business is still brisk - apparently protestors need to eat and do crap as well. I'd imagine it's also attracting a lot of curiosity seekers.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're being over dramatic.

Its not like Seattle was being policed very well in the first place. I go to seattle every summer and TBH, I have become less interested in going. Having to deal with the entitled aggressive homeless is getting tiresome. I would assume to go up to BC for the same environment w/out all the trash. Its sad how the elected representatives of the city have let it go.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Personally, I don't see this as a federal issue (like the Clive Bundy situation was). It's more like the Michigan capital situation. Let the locals deal with it however they see fit. In Michigan, they just shrugged and let armed thugs shut down their legislature for a time. Okay.

If a local government requests federal help, that's another story, but I don't see that happening in the present case.

Doesn't need to be a national story at all, but I can see why conservative media would like to get some mileage out of it, with the false Antifa boogeyman stuff. Yawn.

Nook, jiggyfly and Two Sandwiches like this.
  8. generalthade_03

We differ politically but you’re a cool dude Judo. You don’t come across as a know it all like other libs around here. I’m familiar with Minneapolis and have visited many times, but there is no way, no how that I know the place better than you. A few in here can simply pull stuff out of their backsides and become experts in Seattle.

B@ffled likes this.
  9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

That calls for Jedi.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

LMAO , Mike clevinger !!!

also I’ve got family in Austin that’s been talking for the last decade about how it’s changing for the worse and all these ****ing Californians are moving there ... so prolly some truth to Austin burning .

Nook and generalthade_03 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

generalthade_03 and VooDooPope like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

@Astrodome

Still waiting....

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Eh East Hastings Street in Vancouver has an enormous homeless population. Vancouver's homelessness isn't any better than what you see in the United States. It only got worse following the Winter Olympics they hosted.

14. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

They need a sustainability council. These guys need a lot of help to get this thing of the ground and going. I'll pitch in $50 for one or some of you guys to go up there and help them run this thing. There might be an ambassador position available. Good opportunity. The should probably add beer. If they're smart they would ask for Miracle Grow....not just for the food. I'm not sure what Ice (the good kind) means....lol.

Please Mr. Trump....don't send in the troops. Let this one play out. It's like watching Naked and Afraid.

[​IMG]

generalthade_03 likes this.
  15. generalthade_03

I wish I was being overly dramatic bro. My wife is from Seattle originally, she moved to HTown when she got transferred from her job 20 years ago.We met and married in HTown, but we go back to Seattle frequently over the years as she still has kinfolk living there. The past 5 to 8 years, Emerald city steadily been going straight to the shietter. Everytime we go back we can see that all around us, watch that documentary “Seattle is dying “, it does an incredible job telling the story of Seattle. It truly hit us hard when we moved here 2 years ago. I was apprehensive about Seattle because we both love HTown and the ongoing problems Seattle has that we saw with our own eyes everytime we’re back. However; we could not pass up the opportunities( Amazon really wanted her), so we’re here for the past 2 years, and I wish I was being overly dramatic but that phrase “ Seattle is dying” is no joke.

#135 generalthade_03, Jun 12, 2020
  16. generalthade_03

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A friend of mine did those sculptures. She had an unfortunate freak death 5 years ago in her backyard. Really sad. I had been there and those Ponderosa pines were huge.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/nov/18/spokane-artist-killed-by-tree-remembered-for-gener/

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/mar/25/new-public-art-sculptures-at-spokanes-pedestrian-b/

Nook and generalthade_03 like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok play times over.

Get them out.

19. generalthade_03

I read about that story. Yeah, weird freak accident. I kept telling my wife that we’re living in the evergreen state now and be careful of the falling tree branches, and she just laughed at me. Condolences!

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

except I don’t believe anything the police say

Nook likes this.