1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHAZ] Seattle Autonomous Zone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jun 11, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

CHAZ.... w/ armed checkpoints run by Raz? The mayor is an idiot. They even built a wall. How dare them, right? I say good for them, if their goal is to stop illegal immigration in to CHAZ.

cml750, ROXRAN and generalthade_03 like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You’ve really just been exposed when confronted to have an actual debate. You can’t substantiate your own opinions and another poster who apparently lives in Seattle disagrees with your hyperbolic political characterizations. Your behavior is textbook conservatism these days. No critical thinking whatsoever. We used to have conservatives who had their own opinions, could articulate the basis for why they had them, and could defend them. Now it’s just here’s a short video that explains what I think. Give me a break. It’s no wonder why tens of millions of Republicans continue to vote against their own economic interests.

mdrowe00 and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Uh ohh now the Police Chief is pissed after not having an opinion earlier today.

Still waiting on some sort of proof this is ANTIFA.

I will be curious how this ends. No way they get the kind of time right wing nut Bundy got, because this is in the middle of a populated city.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

From a buddy on Facebook

[​IMG]

dobro1229 likes this.
  6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Still refusing to watch the documentary huh? Why are you so scared to find out the truth or you just too lazy and always pull shiet out of your ass with your silly argument? All of the questions you’ve asked are on the video, all of the basis of your BS argument and the typical liberal logic are debunked on that video. Could it be that your liberal ideology has always been built on quicksands and when confronted with truth, you melted like a little snowflake? You don’t want a debate man because you know in this case you’re dead wrong and you’ll have eggs on your face that’s why you refused to watch that video. Remember, I live in the freaking areas and the ongoing conversation about “Seattle is dying” that we have had going back to more than a year by the people of all political stripes right here in my area. If you have something going on locally, I would not come across as an expert in what’s going in your areas and tell you that you’re wrong. This is exactly what’s you’re doing and it’s only showing people how arrogant and ignorant you are.
    I know you’re full of it if you call this hour long documentary a short video. Oy ve

cml750 likes this.
  7. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Chaz just became the world’s newest country. Liberals in here, would you please give a warm welcome to Chaz, country no 196 in the world and get on Expedia to book a trip. I heard it is very nice this time of the year

cml750 and ROXRAN like this.
  8. Senator

Senator Member

I do wish they'd take over a much larger region, an entire city or a state like South Dakota, and build their own little autonomous country governed the way they like it. In history, all the greats have led by example and that would be a peaceful and intelligent way to do it.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Apparently its not all peaceful as there are reports of businesses and people being extorted by these "protesters".

Link to article -

Astrodome and Two Sandwiches like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This will turn ugly the longer it plays.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Right. I saw that too. If they're committing crimes, get them out of there and take back the city.

As terrible a person Trump is, if there is crime running in a lawless zone, you have to exert your will and take it back. Whether that's through peaceful negotiations or whether that's through brute force. At least he wouldn't be leading that charge, because you know he'd screw it up.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

No, there are concerns of POTENTIAL extortion by protesters. The wording is important as it makes for a more sensational article.

fchowd0311 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Because this timeline hadn't reached peak stupid, and then along came CHAZ.

All we need is for them is to try to use gatorade to feed their ridiculous garden, because it's what plants crave

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I think all liberals should get out of USA and move to Chaz, this can be the new Palestine in Israel type of coexistence where they hate the USA and crave its destruction but they are essentially surrounded by the USA so they are dependent on logistics, also noticed how the first thing in establishing their chaz country was a wall...I guess Trump was right when he said if you don’t have boundaries and walls then you don’t have a country

generalthade_03 likes this.
  15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If the police can't get in to investigate, they can't call it anything else. You could have executions, and they could only call them "potential" murders.

The long form of what they are saying is they are receiving calls from people within the zone reporting these things, but they can't do anything to see, yes wording is important, they are not suggesting hypotheticals.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

Another poster warned us about the skateboard bros going around cities like it's ATARI 720.
    Austin, I fear, is about to get overrun. You have antifuhs that look like Mike Clevinger running around breaking windows with bowling balls, trashing neighborhoods and breaking mailboxes. I don't think we''ll survive this. It's been nice knowing you guys.

Austin is burning.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You live in Seattle?

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

There is now video evidence of at least mild violence inside the zone. I feel bad for the business owners. But the way 2020 has gone, this might be an improvement.

Corrosion likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Show it. I've seen nothing of the sort.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not being in Seattle I'm going to be withhold jumping to judgment on this. Having experienced the national spotlight on Minneapolis the last couple of weeks I can appreciate how views outside of the locality can get warped and used for to push agendas.

I've heard conflicting views about what is happening there and that seems to be the case here. It doesn't seem like this place has turned into Mogadishu but I agree that it's not a sustainable condition. Also we have a similar situation here in Minneapolis with a couple of blocks around the site where Floyd was killed essentially controlled by protesters. They have erected barricades into the area and also have armed guards. Having been there twice it seems pretty peaceful. They have concerts and honestly seems more like an extended street party.