1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chauncey Billups - "They Didn't Even Fight for the Game"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 5, 2015.

1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I am not letting them off the hook. They choked. It was a very poor performance, and the Clippers were making us pay for every lapse, every mistake. I watched every cringy minute of it, but what makes it worse is how the fans have given up a seven game series after one game. It's not really surprising though. Pretty typical of Houston fans.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is OP Chauncey Billups? Did he play for the Rockets? So does he care that much

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Not only did they not boo, but they laughed along as Doc Rivers taunted them for going quiet when the Clippers erased our lead.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

People still say hella? NOT.

5. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Die hard Rockets fan have every damn right to be pissed off. Last nights loss was embarrassing. I almost turned off the TV I was so pissed. I didn't go into the GARM and post ridiculous things, didn't loot the streets, didn't blow anything up; but I was still pissed. I went to bed pissed. Hell, I'm still pissed. You know why I'm pissed, because I care. I've cared through all the good and bad, ups and downs. I just wish, the Rockets would have cared as much as me me last night.

1 person likes this.
  6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It's not that we are giving up after 1 game. At least I am not giving up. It's just that lack of effort and drive can't be repeated. We have had the same mistakes that we did all through the first round and we can't continue it.

You have a gift wrapped opportunity to take game 1 with Paul being out and a chance to force them to play him in game 2. Instead you come out and play like that. We weren't beaten by them being hot as hell, they beat us because we didn't show up and try in the second half.

This is not only his thoughts, it's almost every media outlet out there and most of the fan base in Houston. I used his words to convey the exact way I thought as well.

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Stack24, your 100% spot on

8. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, they do out here in the East Bay, CA.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Has Tinmac turned on every Rockets player on the court for not showing hustle during that play with a couple of minutes left?

God help them if he has.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was being sarcastic. Never mind. He is a good guy but he never was close to being a Rocket. He was a Piston and a Nugget, and a Clipper. Ironically.

People were expecting too much out of the Rockets. The Head coach is green behind his ears, the team has veterans but has not played together more than one season.

Other teams have been together for at least 2 years. So yeah figure.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This happened - on national TV. And it was embarrassing.

Crowd was silent and Doc was (jokingly) saying - I don't hear anything now???

No response except smiles.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Our fans are sissies at the damn games.

I almost went but got back to Houston too late. Glad I didn't have to witness that abortion of a game and watch our fans roll over like wimps.

13. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

How do you fight back when you are turning the ball over so ****ing carelessly every other offensive possession, and or taking some of the dumbest (low % shots by low % jump shooters I am talking - Josh, Ariza, Brewer) jumpers, and Harden was flat out ****ing garbage in just about every way last night as well/// No aggressiveness to the basket, virtually no effort half the time on defense and flat out hideous turnovers that most high school player wouldn't even commit.

What I watched after Q1 of that game was VERY troubling and I honestly think we are going to get swept, especially if Paul is back tomorrow night. I hope I am VERY wrong, but the ****ty performance by virtually every member of that tram last night was really disturbing...

14. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

This loss is a blessing in disguise

15. Stack24

Doc was referring to the hack a smith. The crowd was giving him crap about it then McHale started to hack Jordan. So he was talking about them not saying anything then.

You fight back by digging deep and not making the same mistakes, playing smarter and actually trying to stop the other team. So you are saying that when you are playing bad you should just give up and not fight back or that's impossible? You play till the end of the game just hoping there is a chance to crawl back anything can happen.

Just cause you are playing bad at one point doesn't mean you continue it or not try to fight through and do something different.

16. Stack24

I am honestly hoping so. I hope they take this in a positive direction and show everyone they aren't the embarrassment everyone is making them out to be after game 1.

True winners take this adversity and try to rise above it. I'm hoping that is the case and we don't just fold under the pressure of the scrutiny.

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

McHale is green behind his ears? Is this a procedure he had done when he was drafted by the Celtics?

1 person likes this.
  18. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Let's come out with fire and win this next ****ing game. Then take game 3. No more of this BS. I'm confident we can do this. That game is behind us and its time to man up.

19. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

But that is not what happened here was a complete lack of effort on the part of just about every starter on that team. They were down 4 at the end of the 3rd (or was it 5 or 6 I forget off hand now...) that 4th qtr was one of the ugliest and most effortless things I have seen this team do all year. The defensive effort was honestly deplorable and that is exactly what Billups is alluding to that hey flat out quit and t looked like it. Smith and Harden were god awful on the defensive and offensive sides of the ball. and Ariza was even lazy as **** sometimes. Only Howard and Prigs looked to be trying and Brewer was flat out bad as well. Terry gets a pass because he is old and can't run with guys like Crawford and Reddick, and TJ was just a ghost out there a flat out DUD all night long ...

Garbage basketball is what that team looked like from the 2nd qtr onward until the last second, and it was horrific to watch.

20. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

The Rockets didn't take advantage of their opponent, they underestimated them all night. Their ego cost them the game, they took the Clippers too lightly. They look a half a step slow. Just poor effort and energy. Was just an absolute disgrace and embarrassment. I hope game one wakes them up. Just being careless with the basketball all night long. Turnovers was also another big reason we lost.