1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger dealt to Minny for #18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThaShark316_28, Jun 26, 2012.

?

Chase Budinger for the 18th pick -- Do you like this deal for the Rockets?

1. YES

850 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. NO

114 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

so the 8th pick equals 4 commodities..... :mad:
    14-14Pat-16th-18th

2. Raven

Raven Member

The might be the fairest trade in NBA history, and there's really not much else to say about it.

3. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

Have you seen the Wolves' forums? Half of them are seething that they went to bed with Kevin Martin and woke up with Chase Budinger. They're cursing Kahn's foolishness.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Good ol' Tricky Ricky! He had our backs after all.;)

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'd be pissed too if that happened to me. No homo

1 person likes this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

DM jus turned Chase Budinger into (hopefully) Fab Melo! Genius! :)

.... and if he trades everything for a one year rental on a lyin 2faced diva - I'm gonna lose it!

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

so....... at this point, how many first round picks do we have?

3?

8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Three. And I would rather keep them. The waiting for DH trade to happen grew impatience on me so lets forget this drama and lets keep draft picks.

9. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Houston's obviously not done wheeling and dealing...

I see them trading (at least) Lowry and draft picks to get to either the Kings pick or the Raptors pick.

Then trading Scola, and/or Sammy D., and/or Martin in order to get more picks.

Then make the offer for Howard.

After that, they will either chase Williams or try to acquire Smith from the Hawks.

If they can't swing any of this, I see Houston with (possibly) with 2 Top Ten picks in this draft when all is said and done. If they do wind up with this, I feel they need to take a chance on Drummond (I assume he'd still be available at #5) and hope he becomes a star and not a bust. If he lives up to his potential, then there's the big star Houston needs. The second of those picks should be for a player who would be a good fit playing alongside Drummond.

But that is only if they can't bring in Howard or another superstar beforehand...

1 person likes this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Welcome to the party.

11. TheSource

TheSource Member

3 picks now that's crazy

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Dagnabbit. I slept on it, but trading Bud still leaves a bad taste. Ugh.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol Twolve fans are PIST. I don't know why people are so biased with there teams assets, one guy said kmart and lee or bud for ellington, miller and the 18th would of been fair - i hope we don't get that biased about our guys and picks.

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I hope Morey is on the unlimited minutes plan. Looks like we have lots of pieces for sale that everyone wants.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

I totally agree.

If Howard was willing to commit long term, then trading all these first rounders makes sense.

But there's been complete disinterest from Howard's camp about not playing in Brooklyn, that the whole thing is really a huge turn off.

If we can turn the 14th and 16th picks into single digit picks, I'd much rather do that, then trade for DH.

16. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I think we can have a 4th 1st round pick by trading Kevin Martin for Minnesota's Webster and Miller (salary total $10M, but buyout total $1.5M in 2012-13) + Memphis's 2013-14 top 14 protected pick we traded to Minnesota.

Fair deal - we get value back for Martin in an expiring swap with Minnesota in terms of a lottery protected 1st round pick and $$$ savings (cap space). RA should be happy with Martin and Minnesota is set from 1-5 with Rubio, Martin, Chase, Love, Pekovic.

My guess is if we can get Dwight, this will be the turnaround move used to free up cap space to get DWill (can also amnesty Scola). Or perhaps we'll need to do it to get Dwight in the first place.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was listening to some sports talk radio locally here in MN and generally the feeling from the talking heads there was this was a decent trade. Most of them didn't think the Wolves couldn't have gotten a better player than Bud at 18 and also that Bud will fit in well having played under Adelman.

One thing that was agreed on though was that this was Adelman's trade and not Rick Kahn's.

18. Asian Sensation

Thus it makes sense and it's a fair trade. If it was Kahn we probably could've gotten a 2nd rounder attached to it. Both teams got FMV.

19. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I liked bud because he hooped in high-tops with the tube socks. Same as I. :cool:

20. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Dare i ask, did Chase Budinger being in the dunk contest last year increase his trade value and exposure to other Gm's in the league