1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charlie's Angels 2 / 28 Days Later

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nomar, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

Double movie review here folks, from everybody's favorite reviewer. Right? Right. Minor spoilers follow...

Charlie's Angels 2 - Worst. Movie. Ever. I felt cheated of my time, and my money in a way that I have never experienced before. The movie wasn't remotely entertaining besides admiring Demi Moore and Cameron Diaz, which can be done for free and in five minutes on the internet. Example of the idiocy in this movie: A man is being chased by the angels in the midst of a motorbike race. In midair, the man jumps off his bike, is upside down and vertical, and fires off 20 rounds with double pistols. After he is done shooting, he completes his flip and lands on his bike while holstering his pistols (I assume). The angels jump from their bikes and dodge the bullets... repeat 3 times. Then there is Bernie Mac as Bosley. He plays the same black man that I've seen in about 37 other movies this year. Suffice it to say, this movie is a glorified music video. No surprise there, as the director is none other than "McG". With a name like that, I am tempted to hunt the man down myself and shove a cattle prod 10 inches into his eye socket.

Grade: F-

28 Days Later - This is an excellent zombie horror movie. There are no cheap Hollywood type thrills here, just creepy English style filming. The angles and shots are all imaginitive and creative, not to mention captivating. There are some moments where the camera is responsible for setting the mood in a scene. An example of this is when the main characters are driving in a car, and the shot expands to include a desolate landscape. The film is grainy, which adds to the feeling of the movie. The premise is chilling, as are the zombies. The plot does have some weakness, in that the extent of the infection is never fully fleshed out. The minor detractions don't overwhelm the movie however, and I emerged from the theater pleased with the movie.

Grade: B

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Nomar,

I'm glad that you liked 28 Days Later. I saw it this past January at Sundance, and I loved it.

I saw 10-12 movies at the festival, and I'd say 28 Days Later was the one I most remember (well, also Whale Rider). Unfortunately, everybody I was with thought it was silly.

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Just saw 28 days later, was little dissappointed, thought it would have more zombie attacks, too much talking imo.

4. Nomar

Nomar Member

Achebe - That is cool that you went to Sundance. I'd like to go sometime. I'll invite myself to stay with you if I ever go. ;)

BTW - I forgot to add something about 28 Days Later: It shows that Animal Rights Activists are morons.

[​IMG]

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

:rolleyes:

Intelligent movies suck don't they? I need more gore to fill the time and hold my 3 second attention span.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

That's exactly what I would expect from this movie and probably why I'll go see it...followed by a sneak in to see 28 Days which I can't wait to see.

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'd like to think we similar tastes in movies, nomar. Not that I was planning to see Charlie's Angels, anyway (thanks to Mr. "Dumbass Music Video Hack" McG), but thanks for the heads up. You've confirmed what I thought I already knew.

So... should I see the Hulk or is a waste of time?

8. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I saw Hulk last night. First 30 minutes seemed pointless, but I enjoyed it afterwards.....I liked all the Hulk rampages. The ending is ok but...........

What the heck was that final battle all about?

(dont worry not a spoiler)

9. Typo19

Typo19 Member

Go see Hulk. It's not that bad, and Ang Lee is interesting.

Connely is really hot. CGI is pretty cool.

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

My brother just went to see Charlie's Angels 2. Said it was the worst movie he'd ever seen . . . said at least a dozen people left during the movie . . .

Your review must be spot-on Nomar!

11. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Did anyone see the references to other movies in The Hulk? Although they may not have been intended that way...

Jurassic Park- A puddle of water shows the vibration of the Hulk's footsteps.

Two Towers- When Banner's father sends out the mutant dogs to kill Jennifer Connely, we see their shadow against a wall. A lot like the Saruman 'Release the Warg Riders' scene.

I liked the comic book style- split screen, and when that guy gets blown up and the camera freezes. Looks like a comic book.

12. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I've seen some commercials for Angels. I'm sick of seeing all the people flipping around. It needs to stop.

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Did they at least stay for the strip dance scene?

14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

i actually heard someone talking about how there werent enough computer graphics in that movie :mad:

some people would rave about hulk and rant about 28 days later. these people make me gag and have no clue what makes a good movie

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I go to movies to get entertained, not to think. If I wanted to think, I would read a book or do a crossword puzzle. That is why I liked Charlies Angels, and would probably hate 28 days.

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Then don't watch "Totally Spies" which is a new cartoon starting on Monday, July 7th on the Cartoon Network.

It is a rip-off of the Charlie's Angels and features 3 good-looking cartoon girls "flipping" around.

Speaking of cartoons, I am watching (sorta) this new Scooby-Doo cartoon. It is not bad, Frank Welker and Casey Kasem are great but having Mindy Cohn (Natalie from the Facts of Life) do the voice of Velma was pure genius.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

28 days was good. I liked it. Never knew what was going to happen, but ending was silly, and I needed to know what really happened to bring this movie to a conclusion. Overall pretty good.

18. sparkle burp

sparkle burp Member

I saw 28 days about two weeks ago at the sneak preview.

Everyone there was wearing black and red and I was like... right. Anyway, it was good.

19. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I payed attention the whole time, just seemed like it dragged on a lot, the way the commercial looked to me was that it was going to have tons of zombies everywhere killing more. I agree with rockbox, i go to the movies to be entertained, although i dont know about seeing charlies angels 2.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I was wondering about that when I caught part of it the other day, it looked alot like the original..and sounded like it too. but when I heard a reference to a StairMaster...I knew it had to be a new version.

Is it just me, or did the voices sound dead on to the original version to you?