1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charlie Ward: Making Matt Maloney look like John Stockton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the hell is wrong with our PGs?
    We need more than 3 assists per game (combined).
    Did Jesus tell him to suck?

Once we get Sura back, we need to bench him.

PG Sura
    SG Tmac
    SF Jimmy Jackson
    PF Dikembe
    C Yao

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The other players have to hit their shots too for them to get some Assits...apparently they can only hit shots after T-Mac passes to them

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Then someone tell Jesus to tell Charlie Ward to tell JVG that Jesus told me to sit my butt on the bench and make Tmac our PG.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

tinman: making ZRB look like a sane, level headed, well thought out fan...

5. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

PG Sura (I wish)

But it seems like Sura might be one of those "Go-to-a-team-to-get-treatment, sit-on-the-bench, then-the-following-year, play-like-crap (because you are "healing") until-you are-traded" type player.

It's an NBA conspiracy! ;) They do it all the time! The bastages!

But if he does come back. He can play *some* PG. That would be fine w/me. He's a 6'5" G. And, although not a playmaking PG, he can setup the other players off his slashing and speed.

As far as PF Dikembe. NO! It can't happen yet. We need Deke to give Yao some rest. He gives us a diffrent type team (blocking) off the bench. Plus, the guy is what? 39? 48? 58?

#5 DavidS, Nov 6, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

We just need someone like Robert Horry...the guy could pass to the post with a purpose....he did it so well with Hakeem and Shaq....and now he is doing it for Tim Duncan....someone unselfish and has a good entry pass is really needed..

T-Mac is a great passer since he is tall. Boki is getting a bit better at it but the PG's who are supposed to be making those passes really need to learn.

I mean did they practice with Yao's Guards in china or something?

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

i was thinking the same thing. he just isn't getting it done. I saw him make like three terrible passes, one of them to T-mac on a fast break and he just threw it out of bounds. He should improve because there is no way he can really be this bad

8. DavidS

Nachbar! 6'8" point forward! Well, at least use him as a post-passers. And I'm NOT joking! He's one of the better post passers on the team. JJ is decent. Ward is too slow/small. Lue is quick, but too short.

By the way, this is not a PG endorsement. Just a observation that Nachbar can do post-pass entry to Yao (like Horry). He had 4 assist against Memphis. He CAN PASS (and rebound).

#8 DavidS, Nov 6, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I have been thinking the same thing. Let's bench Sura and never let him see the floor.

I really did understand what you meant, but do you think 3 games might be a little to little information before you make these benching decisions? Ward has been around a while and I'm sure that that will show given the chance.

10. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Huh. Bench Sura?:confused:

11. DavidS

"Once we get Sura back, we need to bench him (Ward)."

See thread title.

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

God tinman, we're 3 games into the season and you're starting a million threads whining and b*tching about players.

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Ward isn't some untested rookie (Maloney) or CBA signing (Norris) that we are hoping pans out. He has been a solid NBA PG for about 10 years. He also just won the game for us in overtime. He will be fine as the starter this season, and unless we get a miracle pick up somewhere, next season as well. We should definitely look to get a Pg in the draft unless Reece seems to be making improvements or we can get Cat back from the Magic in FA.

14. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

shut the **** up tinman

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Rule0002
    Thou shalt not shut up.

Charlie Ward must have had help from Jesus tonight!
    Thank god Yao got the ball!

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Why do you have 4 digits in your name?
    Is there another r****d named Rule9999?

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

After tonight's OT, shouldn't this thread be retitled, "Charlie Ward: Making John Stockton look like Matt Maloney"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.