1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charley Rosen grades the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizardball, Jul 3, 2005.

1. ikfit

ikfit Member

Agree.

2. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

mj didn't guard the toughest guy

yes, pippen would guard michael's guy for PART of a game but in the 4th quarter, mj stuck to his man like glue. i'm tired of all the b#llsh!t, far-reaching, and flat out incorrect excuses of why michael jordan isn't the greatest player ever. what more did you want mj to do??? make every single shot? win 7 championships?

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

No. Win 11.

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

ROOFFLLLLLL!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

5. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I think Yao sometimes tries to do too much, but that's what is expected of him. I don't mind him getting a few fouls here and there, if he would just stay out of the damn circle. That blocking foul drives me nuts every time.

6. haven

haven Member

That was the most boring article ever.

I hate "tell-it-like-it-is" articles. Such authors usually: (a) oversimply and (b) aren't that bright (or are just after attention). The only worse thing, is when they're not only stupid, but not even amusing.

The Rockets moves this year mostly consolidated position, given a relative lack of opportunity (no cap mobility, little trade bait). Ward was a mistake. Sura was not - he was a relatively useful player.

Yao is slow. What ****ing genius. He's also 7'5 and has a sweet jumper. And blocks a few shots.

This author is boring without being erudite. Is there any worse sin for a journalist?

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta love how the guy rags on Yao, our main interior defenseman (even though Mutombo got a good deal of minutes), and then rags on our guards slow-footedness on defense. And yet, despite our interior AND exterior defense being suspect (per Rosen), we were one of the best defensive teams in the league last season. :confused:

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These only mean something when they make you feel good; otherwise, you can ignore them.