1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley On Tonight's Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, May 1, 2014.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Did any of you seen this?

Charles said something about it being a good game tonight. Then, Kenny and Ernie started asking him what he meant by game. They said there were 3 games tonight. What does he mean, "game"?

There was no answer, but it felt, to me, like I just witnessed Charles Barkley saying something good about Houston for the first time on TNT. I'm not saying it IS the first, just my first experience of him taking our side.

Have we convince Sir Charles to cheer for Houston again???!!!

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

'the pressure is now on houston, but the portland trailblazers go home and face the pressure. There was lots of pressure on Houston and now theres more pressure'

all i got post game

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yo, **** charles barkley.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He doesn't know what he is saying just running his mouth

First he says pressure on Rox for game 6, no idea why then he does a 180 and says pressure or Portland

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Charles always says good stuff about the rockets. It's selective memory for people .

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Charles agreed with me.

That was not a flagrant on Lopez.

As replays clearly showed, Lopez got all ball.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

He actually sounded smart (for once) when he was talking about the Donald Sterling issue.

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

It's a flagrant in today's NBA. No doubt

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ya he looked real dumb. Notice how everyone looks confused when Barkley speaks.

"Uhh Ernie pressure on deh Rockets cuz umm that's how it is"

"Uh ya Ernie pressure on the Blazers, they don't wanna go to Houston"

lol

10. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Barkley say good to the Rockets sometimes,and say bad sometimes, it's his job, he must say something to amuse people

11. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Charles said all the pressure was on Houston, then Kenny said something smart about the pressure being on Portland. Then Charles agrees and says all the pressure is on portland, and Ernie calls him out, asking him "didn't you say it was on Houston"?
    Honestly Charles doesn't know wtf he's saying half the time, he's there for entertainment, SHaq , well you can't understand with his mumbling. Kenny has knowledge though.

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Post a video of what you're talking about or don't give a half ass quote and a knuckle dragging caveman reaction to it. Articulate, mo fo. We all hate Sir Charles. You sound like Brian Fellows.

13. Andrew Wiggins

Lol, hypocrite

14. Masala716

Masala716 Member

Made sense to me. Both teams have a lot of pressure. Portland doesn't want to choke away a chance to close out Houston at home and come back for Game 7, with Houston having all the momentum in the series at that point. Houston has a lot of pressure to win Game 6 because it is an elimination game.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

He's a funny guy, but he irritates the "L" out of me! If you notice, every time he speaks, he speaks as if no one else in the world has thought of what he's about to say! I wish he would kiss another donkey's rear end! Now that was good solid entertainment!...:grin:

(P.S) He should of came out on that commercial about great players who never got a ring, instead of Karl Malone! On second thought, I probably would of died laughing AT HIM!...:eek:

16. coffeelover665

He's good. I appreciate his wisdom and knowledge. He's like that annoying old guys that always harp on you and then 10 years later you look back and you think to yourself "Old man Chuck was right"

17. pearlon

pearlon Member

Charles is fine. One guy I can't stand on TV is Shaq. He's just plain mean and vengeful. If someone jokes with him and ribs him, he takes it personally and feels the need to get the person back. Like a 5 year old... And he has absolutely no new insight on basketball when he talks. Everything is in cliches

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I never believe a single word out of Charles Barkley's mouth.