1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley is a traitor/hater

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKET RY, Dec 10, 2004.

1. munco

munco Member

I like Barkley and think he's funny but the guy is incredibly stubborn and bull headed. With that said his point for the night was the Rockets are not good and the Spurs are going to win the title. So instead of him giving credit where it is due he spends the post game talking about the Rockets still being not good and the Spurs losing the game.

This was pretty annoying given T-Mac's last second heroics was probably going to go down as one of the best in NBA history. Instead of Barkley talking about the Spurs losing the game he should have been saying how amazing T-Mac was last night.

2. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

As far as luck goes..

Players like McGrady and Jordan were luckier more often than players like Ryan Bowen.

Now if Ryan Bowen had pulled that finish off last night...

LUCK!

TMac's luck is all tied into being one the 3 most talented basketball players on the earth.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Charles also said the rockets could not play any defense. The spurs shot I think 33.5% or so from the field.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Here's an entirely different point of view. I think it personally makes them angry that the Rockets aren't reaching the level as they did during their times here (2 championships, Western Conference Finals, etc.). Kenny and Charles both look back on the Rockets as one of the best points of their careers (yes, Barkley had the conflict with Drexler, but he LOVED Rudy, Dawson, and the entire organization, including Les). I think that, for them, when the Rockets don't do really well, it bothers them much more than other teams (at least that's what Kenny mentioned to me once when I ran into him at the First Colony Mall).

So, perhaps, their "hatin" comes out of the fact that they wish the Rockets would reach the "elite" status again. Does that make sense? Just a thought.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I love Legler, next to Hubie, one of the most astute commentators in the business. This is why there is more than one channel on the T.V. ;)

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Makes perfect sense and exactly what I was thinking. Guys, when you think about Kenny Smith's NBA career, what team do you remember him playing with? The Rockets. Yes, I know Barkley played with Philly and Phoenix, but many people still remember his playing days with the Rockets (I'll never forget the time in his last season when he went after Shaq, lol). I think they are going to be harder on the Rockets than other teams because of what dandorotik said. They see so much potential with the Rockets but it is not being put together like it should and that bothers them.

7. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

I know Kenny loves Rox to death. that's for sure. He takes every chance he gets to praise Rox. Charles, on the other hand, i'm not sure. It just seems he will never get over the fact he had to kiss ..ars on national TV.

8. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I like Legler a lot too. There's something to be said for being well spoken and having the ability to get your point across. I wouldn't say that he's any more knowledgeable about the game than a dozen other guys on TV and radio, but he can really convey what he means to the average fan. Legler is a natural.

#28 m_cable, Dec 10, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  9. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Barkley can go screw himself. Tmac was amazing. He will be riding our a$$ when we start becoming an elite team. Then he will say something like "I knew it all along" He needs to go back to Burger King eat his way out of his cluelessness.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

People make three pointers to win games all the time, so one can't be luck. Heck, in game 2 on TNT last night there was another three pointer to win the game.

11. munco

munco Member

It just amazes me that Charles gave T-Mac almost no credit and just said the Spurs blew the game. What T-Mac did was unthinkable and unimaginable. T-Mac's heroics were much more astounding than the Spurs mistake(s) at the end. Charles and Kenny should have been calling it one of the greatest performances at the end of the game but they were too busy swallowing the fact that the Spurs lost.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, CB doesnt owe the Rockets. Charles says what he thinks without filtering. At least you have to appreciate his honesty. I didnt like his comments about rockets, but knowing who he is I dont pay much attention to it.

13. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I get a little annoyed at Charles' comments on the Rockets as well. The ONLY this I have heard him sy about them this season is that they are not a good team. So Charles, WHY are they not a good team? Where to see them ending up on the standings? Just sitting there saying the same quote over and over again means nothing. I was a little ticked that he kept saying TMac's shots were all luck. It's like he picks a team to win the championship and is now a biased commentator towards that team the whole season. It's gets pretty annoying when he starts off every topic with how good the Spurs are.

EJ: "So Charles, how do you feel about the game tonight between the Clippers and Bobcats?"

Charles: "Well, first off, San Antonio is the best team in the league and will win the championshp, but the Clippers...."

EJ: "Sir Charles, how do you feel about the Detroit brawl and the suspensions?"

Charles "Well, it really doesn't matter cause the Spurs are going to win it all anyway but..."

14. munco

munco Member

I don't mind the Rox comments so much. A lot of people, even Rox fans think the team sucks. What pisses me off is the fact that he didn't give credit to T-Mac. It's likely that no one will pull off anything like that for thousands and thousands of games to come and Charles doesn't even give the guy credit. A simple T-Mac was awesome would've sufficed but he didn't even say that.

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Luck.

Luck is when you win the lottery or when it doesn't rain when you're golfing.

What TMac did was exceptional expertise. There was no wind blowing, the hoop was not inexplicably changing it's size or position, the ball was official NBA. His hand was the only mechanism determining the flight of those shots. His brain controlled that hand. Not an issue of 'luck'.

16. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

I personally can't stand Legler. The dude rambles on at 100 mph and criticizes other players endlessly like he has the credibility to do so. The dude was the cream of the crop when it came to scubs. T-Mac's response to Legler's criticism last year was hilarious. I guess it just irks me to see scrubs sitting behind desks bashing current players for the play when they themselves couldn't get off of the bench. True that they have some insight but I can't take their lectures to heart when they themselves couldn't get the job done during their playing days. Tom Tolbert, Kenny Smith, and Legler need to check themselves.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chuck is infinitely better than Steve A Smith.

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Some is luck some is just plain skill. The shots he took were clearly well covered but at the same time his ablilty to jump that high over bown and others showed when he was draining the shots.

luck would be Brown falling on his butt and loosing the ball.

It took some guts for T-Mac to pull up for a 3 with a chance to drive and get a closer shot and go for the win. He was felling it and he knew it and took control.

In every sport there is goning to be a luck factor but to completly rule out his performace and call it all luck is bogus.

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

So Barkley is a traitor for stating the obvious? The Rockets aren't good right now.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Charles and Kenny lost all my respect as commentators during the Yao Ming draft when the whined, pissed and moaned about so many foreign players being taken by NBA teams. Their comments last night at halftime only amplified that thought in my mind. I didn't hear their post-game comments, but that doesn't surprise me.