1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley apologizes to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 26, 2016.

1. underrated015

underrated015 Member

He respects Hakeem and Rudy T. He didn't play that many years here but he was one my favorite rockets.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Part of me believes this is the case.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

He will apologize once again after we win game 5.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

good gesture, should have done it years ago or shall I say he should have been paid off long ago?

5. underrated015

underrated015 Member

He played with heart even though his athleticsm was kind of gone. The game where he tore his knee up in phily was a sad moment to watch.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I still don't understand why the Rockets care as much as they seem to do... Especially THIS year.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I know about the recent dig by Tad Brown, which seemed unnecessary.

What did Morey say that you're referring to?

8. Nook

Nook Member

I guess word got back to Chuck that Tad was going to whoop his fat brown ass if he didn't make amends.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

They don't need any more bad publicity. And TNT is the top show for the NBA.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Agree with this. You can't bully Barkley into an apology, especially when all he was looking for was a simple apology behind the scenes. This would have ended long ago had Barkley been someone who you could simply order around to stop it.

Likely both sides apologized, so Barkley did it on air.

Similar to the #33 incident.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There's zero chance Les cut that check. Why would he need to make good on a promise that dated back, what, 20 years ago? He's had every opportunity to cut that check.

Just like a good number of people said it's most likely the threat of lawsuit by Les/Rockets against TNT that prompted this apology

13. Asian Sensation

Les PayPaled Chuck the funds he was owed.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

brother,

Maxwell returns to Houston admits wrong for leaving in 95, Barkley apologizes on TNT, the world has become a better place.

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Man I love Barkley. Well, back up. I hated his ass on the Suns. But he was the top ambassador on the Dream Team. And he gave us some serious quality years. I mean we were 1 Karl Malone bear hug moving scream away from a 3rd ring. But Barkley has been a little sh## to the Rockets consistently ever since he started his broadcast career. It's funny and then it's just dumb too. And his basis was slanderous. He's lost so much more on nights in Vegas than Les allegedly owed him for being sorry in his latter years and choosing a pay cut for 1 more chance. Should be more upset with Pippen than the Rockets for the last 20 years. Someone told him to be more like the Sir Charles NBA ambassador on Las Ramblas again instead of being a bitter, embarrassingly off old man.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

That fat women of San Antonio have never sued Barkley.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It's not a publicity/popularity show though... It's not a show run by the NBA.

I understand he's been harsh on them even at times where they were once good... And I understand there's some other issues at play... But it's not like TNT influences whether or not Rockets fans by tickets. It's also not like the Rockets need any help decreasing popularity or being more embarrassed by their season's performance as is.

While Chuck is going to speak his mind regardless (and the Rockets aren't the only team he's called out in the past)... The Rockets organization just seems to be overly sensitive to every single thing he says. Again, some of it is unwarranted... But the Rockets execs are not necessarily supposed to go down to his level either.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Probably something like that. Barkley folded so easy, the threat must have been very serious. He didnt even blink when he apologized to the whole damn organization

Les made him put in some RESPEK

1 person likes this.
  19. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

You guys, this is just like ESPN telling Simmons to tone it down when he would go on his anti-Goodell rants.

1 person likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

He mentioned Les treated him very well when he was in Houston.

Did he mention Les this whole time?

Anyways brother, you and I know that Chuck played hard for the Rockets and these newbs who only know Barkley on TNT seem to never look it up or refuse to believe it.

Glad things are all square. But he's ok for saying the team sucks when they suck.