1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles and Kenny chose RA as COY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketTempo, Apr 13, 2008.

1. RocketTempo

RocketTempo Contributing Member

NBATV just played a clip of TNT show when Earnie asked Charles and Kenny who would be their COY this year. Both them said Rick Adelman. I was so pumped up after it came out from these two dude's mouths. I couldn't agree it more. look at how much star performance that other COY candidates rely on to have their names nominated? For Rockets' surprising success, it's all about team work, defense and chemistry, which are all due to execellent coaching job after all.

Go, RA and Rockets!

EDIT: I was wrong, I only watched half of the clip, after I watched the entire replay, they actually chose RA as only one of the top 5 candidates but not the best.

#1 RocketTempo, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  2. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

All it took was a great win at home over Phoenix and some strange losses by NO and LAL.

3. blender

blender Member

You know I think they're right. Adelman does have an excellent chance of getting the COY. Just for the historical winning streak alone, he deserves it, and if we end up with a top three seed, it should seal it.

4. caneks

caneks Rookie

Didn't they choose Scott a few days ago?

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I just watched and they said Scott as one, Doc as two Mo cheeks as three and then RA rounding out the top five.

They did say that no matter who gets it is deserving, but it should be Byron Scott.

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

When I saw the title, I knew it was inaccurate. Charles would never speak so highly of anything ROX related.

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

they emphasize it now, b/c NO just slipped up againt the Kings.
    with NO not necessarily winning the western conference it takes the lead contender down a notch.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i think it's gotta be adelman. we're either going to have the best or close to the best record in the west without arguably our best player for a significant portion of the season.

that's impressive.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Are you sure? Two big Rockets haters have chosen Rick Adelman? Unbelivable

10. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

well, that's an easy choice for them. since they both hate most of our players and think they aren't any good and since we have a pretty good record it must be the coach, right? very, very clever!

11. kwng

kwng Member

Adelman should get it. Nobody gave us a chance after a bad start. Nobody think we'll get the second longest streak in history. Nobody gave us a chance to fight for the 1st position in WCF and qualify for playoffs when Yao was out.
    What Adelman has done cannot even be understood and explained by so called experts?

12. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

well.. they didn't. They even put Reggie Theus ahead of RA?!?! WTH?! I know Theus did an good job at stopping the kings from sliding into a total srcub team, but more impressive than RA?! come on!! :mad: :mad:

I know i shouldnt get too worked up about what Barkley says anymore, but the dude and that idoitic sidekick just annoys me to no end. :(

13. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I like Kenny Smith's commentary, he's not a Rockets hater by any means, he just bases his judgments completely off of raw numbers and facts usually (unlike Charles, HE's a hater). I mean we lost one of the top players in the league of course anyone who isn't a Rockets fan would logically think we would fail. You can't call him a hater because of that.

14. BucMan55

But you can in light of the fact that Houston is 18-5 without Yao. With wins over NO, Dal, Pho, Den, GSW, etc...

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't understand how these 'experts' could give it to anybody but Adelman. After all, they give the Rockets basically no credit for being a good team. Here we are with just a handful of games left in the season and we're 1/2 game behind the #1 seed and yet, if you ask the experts, we're the team everybody is secretly hoping to play in the first round. Well, if we suck so bad, doesn't that mean our coach has to be doing the best coaching in basketball for us to be just a hop, skip and a jump from the #1 seed in the middle of April? I mean, there has to be some reason right? Give us credit for something!

16. babydill

babydill Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the less respect we get, the better.

We need motivation and we need people to think we are the sleepers. Hell, we ARE the sleepers. If we haven't gotten respect all season and we are a half game out of the FIRST SPOT IN THE WEST, why change anything?

I hope they keep choosing these other teams and we keep beating the living hell out of them.

17. diehardrockets

Yeah they did. And I was pissed a few nights ago because there was no mention of RA at all that night. The fact that they changed theyre mind decided to put him in their top 5 AFTER the win over Phoenix is about right.. :rolleyes:

18. diehardrockets

EDIT:
    Yeah they did. And I was pissed a few nights ago because there was no mention of RA at all that night. The fact that they changed THEIR mind decided to put him in their top 5 AFTER the win over Phoenix is about right..

19. dafranchise0309

I do not listen to these "experts"

Hubie Browns canidates for Defensive player of the year

Josh Smith
    Kevin Garnett
    Marcus Camby

He said absolutely nothing about Shane Battier....

20. BucMan55

Sorry, but when your team routinely gives up 120 points in games, you dont have the DPOY.

Camby is a solid post defender and great weakside shot blocker. Nothing more.