1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charity Game in KY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rojogrande, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Rojogrande

Rojogrande Member

Former WKU players are putting on a charity game this Tuesday the 25th against former UK players in what is being touted as Big Red vs Big Blue. The reason I am posting this on here is because CLee and Hayes are for sure playing, while Patterson is expected to make an appearance also. I will definitely be attending the game. I will give you all some Rockets run downs following if you like.

Other players attending are Jeremy Evans of the Jazz, Brandon Knight, Josh Harrelson of the Knicks, Demarcus Cousins, and Deandre Liggins of the Magic just to name a few. With another possible appearance by Rajon Rondo.

I fully expect CLee to put on a show playing back on his home college court for the first time in a few years.

--Rojogrande

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2xoo84NAooU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Epic fail.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I was just going to post this... and people want him to play more... sigh

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

U h8 him for being Louisville.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You're saying thats outside of what Demarcus Cousins could ever do?

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

How did he miss a wide open dunk? I thought being flashy was the one thing he was good at.

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

T-Will is not good at basketball.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOOOL TWILL

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, he missed a windmill in a pickup game, meant to entertain the fans, and we are going to give him a hard time?

Terrence isn't the only delusional one...

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Chuck! and Christian Sweatner

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...hibition-game-team-coached-christian-laettner

Updated: October 25, 2011, 1:01 AM ET
    Kentucky alums lose to 'Villains' squad

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- A team of former Wildcats and a team made up of alumni of Kentucky's rivals participated in an exhibiton game Monday night, wrapping up a nine-stop barnstorming tour at various small gyms against college teams across the state.

The Big Blue All-Stars -- featuring Rajon Rondo, Jodie Meeks, Chuck Hayes and Keith Bogans -- completed their tour with a 152-149 loss to The Villains at Rupp Arena.

The Villains' coach was Christian Laettner who, while at Duke, hit a turnaround buzzer beater to beat Kentucky in a regional final of the 1992 NCAA Tournament. The shot, and Laettner's reaction, has become one of college basketball's most iconic moments.

The exhibition played up the fans' dismay for Laettner. Shirts were sold at the arena with "I Still Hate Laettner" across the chest.

In the fourth quarter of the game Monday, an official called timeout to wipe up a wet spot. Laettner grabbed a towel from his bench and went to wipe it up. He got on all fours and spent extra attention shining a spot on the free-throw line corresponding to the one from which he hit his memorable shot.

While he was wiping up sweat, Hayes walked over and flung a bit of extra moisture on the ground, drawing a considerable applause.

With about two minutes left in the fourth quarter of the exhibition, Laettner went to mid-court to argue with an official. He was given two technical fouls and was ejected. Afterward, Laettner and Big Blue All-Stars coach Rex Chapman admitted it was scripted.

"We knew we were going to get me tossed but when somebody started slipping on the floor, a fan behind me yelled, 'Laettner, wipe up their sweat!" Laettner said. "That wasn't pre-planned, I just thought it was a good idea. Everybody started taking pictures on their little cameras when I did that."

It was the second time in two months Meeks had played in an exhibition at Rupp Arena. The first was a game between the Dominican Republic national team, coached by John Calipari, and a similar group of UK alumni in the pros.

Meeks, of the Philadelphia 76ers, was hoping he didn't have to come back even though exhibitions like these are his only chance to play in anything resembling a real game during the lockout. Monday's game was scheduled before a round of negotiations between the NBA owners and the National Basketball Players Association. If the lockout had ended then, event organizers said Monday's game would have been cancelled.

"We felt like it was a realistic possibility to miss games before, but it does feel a little different now that it's right here," Meeks said. "But we have to wait for the right deal. We can't afford not to. I really have no control over it, I'm just trying to stay optimistic."

"I mean, nobody's ever going to complain about extended vacation," Hayes said. "But you would like to have some kind of income. You would like to be able to do what you love."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

11. Htown's2kFinest

Twill missed a ****ing standing windmill dunk in a charity game! He should never play again and be banned from the NBA. I mean who would try a effin windmill in such an critical game??? I hate T-will

12. HMMMHMM

I like T-Will and hope he'll (get a chance to) turn it around.

Still, I thought it was pretty funny.

Here's a boxscore:

[​IMG]

Saw some people on twitter say that Chuck got fat. Maybe Hayesfan can confirm or deny :).

13. sinobball

sinobball Member

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Twill shoots like VSpan.

DD

15. Carl Herrera

16. HMMMHMM

^ Not sure what that picture means, but thanks for the link :).

Chuck does looks bigger, but it doesn't look like fat to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

He looks kind of chubby.

18. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

He definitely looks fatter than his normal NBA playing weight.

19. Carl Herrera

THE LOCKOUT HAS MADE OUR CHUCK FAT! #ENDTHELOCKOUT!

20. AggieRocketsFan

Looks like all Chuck was shooting was jumpshots. No wonder he was 2-7 FG.