1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Character difference between sengun and kpj & jabari

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eurobasket23, Mar 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

ok don't get offended from my posts because i am just making fun

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It was confusing at first because I started to think every Turk was crazy, but now that I know its just you it makes me feel better :D. Lets throw another kebap on the barbeku!

[​IMG]

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sengun isn't humble......he is a character......

Sengun - ALWAYS !!!!!

Is not humble, it is funny and cool, but not humble.

DD

HD729 and Dobbizzle like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

HardenReturns likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

6. Nook

Nook Member

KPJ has obvious issues.

As for Jabari Smith, where did he say playing center will be a piece of cake?

FWIW It was Jabari and not Sengun that spoke up in practice at the beginning of the season saying that KPJ and to a lesser extent Green needed to focus and play hard - that Rockets practices were a disaster.

I think both Sengun and Jabari play hard and so far I haven't heard of either of them being an issue with chemistry.

Not sure why this thread exists.

Also the idea that European players just keep their mouths shut and play hard is not accurate....... Luka is a HUGE **** talker and starter, Jokic has had run ins as well with other players...... there are also some European players that were either constant complainers or so soft that they are out of the league.

HD729 and DreamR like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

useless SOFs trying so hard to put everyone else down to prop up their baby daddy

8. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

jabari didnt say exact the same words, i summarized it,
    he talked like " when i get stronger i can play center " bla bla..
    Frankly, it is a bit of a shame to talk like this to your teammate Sengun,
    you played a game that Sengun did not play and you are making a statement " i will play center "at the end of the match
    luckily the Boston team did not have a big center. or today no AD in lakers ..

sengun made 8-10 assists when kpj was injured , he didnt talk like that
    it is a team play ,
    You gotta watch your friend, on and off the court

9. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

use my dck whenever you want .... dumb

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

get Sengun’s out your mouth useless SOF

Dobbizzle and DreamR like this.
  11. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

you dont like mine
    only want sengun's

ok
    its your taste

12. Nook

Nook Member

You are reading too much into this....... Also, Sengun isn't really a center defensively anyway, he doesn't keep the lane clear and doesn't alter as many shots as a team would want from a typical center. Sengun is going to get minutes, and it doesn't matter if it is at the 4 or 5.

HD729 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

nobody cares about character anymore...

jus look at all the folks clamoring to bring back that narcissistic sob Hard-on... lol

"those that matter don't mind - and those that mind don't matter"

;) lol

HardenReturns and eurobasket23 like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the reason you are seeing Sengun fans freak out so much right now is because I think it's kind of clear that Sengun doesn't really fit any position all that well. He's a bit short to be a center, and he's a bit slow to be a PF. On top of that, he wants to operate in the post while the team wants to run 5 out.

I think if he wants to stick with the team he needs to REALLY work on his 3 ball this summer, but I also think it might just be a matter of time till he's traded anyway. If they see him as a bench PF/C tweener and another team sees him as a starter, you make that deal while those kinds of teams still exist.

It's a weird situation because according to most metrics Sengun has been objectively the best player on the team this season...but the fit doesn't seem to be right. It seems like everyone else has a pretty well carved out role that is unlikely to significantly change even if the Rockets draft Wemby or Henderson (though KPJ would move from the 1 to the 3 with Henderson being picked) Sengun doesn't really have that. He can only defend the 5, he doesn't really space the floor due to an unwillingness to shoot the 3 even when left open, and he needs to be on ball to have an impact....but it seems like he's going to be too far down the pecking line to have the ball in his hands that often due to the style of basketball the team wants to play.

It really appears to be a choice between maximizing Sengun or maximizing everyone else, and I think Sengun loses that one.

As of now, he'll still get minutes, but I'm thinking the long term fit isn't there.

HD729 and HardenReturns like this.
  15. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

he is not good enough on defense now, but he can learn , he is 20 years old, he must spend his whole summer for improving defense & mid or 3pt shot
    next year or in 2024-2025 he can be at least avarage defender , its up to his work

we are tanking this year so he must play at least 35mins like kpj bari jalen
    dont limit his minutes until we are contender team

HD729 and HardenReturns like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is the reason for his struggles have nothing to do with learning, they have to do with physical limitations. Is he going to "learn" to be quicker laterally? I guess it's possible, but probably not.

He's already a pretty smart defender, he just lacks the physical ability.

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

That head hancho line really did a number to you guys

Before that he stated he was “a leader of this team” not “the leader”

I think the head hancho was him just calling himself the point guard and he followed head hancho with criticizing his energy and how HE needed to set a better example. He was taking accountability in the head hancho statement

I’m not trying to attack sengun or Jabari but I’m just saying that head hancho statement really got to y’all lol

Dobbizzle and HD729 like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Eurobasket23:

[​IMG]

19. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

silas had to stagger games not minutes ;
    for example dont play sengun off the road , when team is outside houston for away games (4 games in a row l example) , give him a 1 week special trainer for defense

if you are tanking team why do you force 19-20 years old players to play 82 games

20. Nook

Nook Member

There are a lot of avenues for Sengun.

I agree there is the potential for Sengun to be a poor fit for the Rockets, but too many things are fluid.

For example, if the Rockets end up with Victor W., then Sengun will be a lock to start on the front line because Victor covers his weaknesses perfectly.

If the Rockets draft Brandon Miller, then it could be an issue because I don't think that Sengun defensively can anchor an elite defense.

I agree with you that he needs to improve his 3 point shot, if he does that, he will not only get better - but he will become a VERY good offensive player, one that will score 20+ points a game and is efficient. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Love, and if he gets that 3 ball, he can really cause havoc offensively.

Defensively, he needs to go workout with Kyle Korver, it is a lot of work but it would help his foot speed and let him play more minutes.

Dobbizzle and HardenReturns like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.