1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 7: Two Green Paths

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jan 29, 2024.

?

Where is Jalen headed?

1. More bought in, he will take a step this season

53.9%
  2. He is what he is, I do not expect him to improve in the second half

46.1%
  1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not trying to be mean to you because you seem pretty harmless but (and I'm sure many others agree) at least half of your posts are nonsensical and unnecessary.

#121 kubli9, Feb 1, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Jalen will improve, but is he a guy you build around I don't think these 5 games have answered that question, can he and Alpi co-exist and WIN together?

Jalen clearly struggles in a structured system - he excels in a transition or free flow game - Sengun is more versatile and can play both but in the playoffs you need people that can play in structure.

IMHO, they are trying to choose between the two, and one might be traded.

They could be playing this way to highlight Green - showcasing him.....for a trade......

It is all about winning, and I am not sold that the Rox believe COMPLETELY in either Green or Alpi.

DD

3. Ancient Moabite

Well if you know what they think than you feel in control I guess, and you can't figure out my stance so you are left punching the air trying bro figure out a basic riddle

I guess all the comedians should just retire because they never dissed Jesus and anybody else you can ''name''

If I were throwing profanity/so called race tirades at you then you may be on to something

But calling some of your replies to me ''aunt Lucy'' or day walker (blade movie) is not at all crossing a line

If that's the case every human who has ever said a player is a cancer just pissed on actual people who suffer daily from actual cancer

Now go cry a blue Nile river about name calling that you have done on here

But you like to throw stones and hide your hands behind your back

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Day is harmless - overall just a nice guy on here for the most part.

DD

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  5. Ancient Moabite

Well it was more clear day who they wanted to build around which are the 1st rd picks they have from the post Harden trade

What Green does by end of next season will be what he will be basically

I think Alpi/Jalen have shown they can coexist and not just off the 30pt game they had other game, but they have show decent to strong chemistry on and off court from what has been shown

Pretty much all players play better in free flow system, especially the dominant ones who are usually the system/structure, as a good to great coach adjust to what he has to work with, and Ime has lot of young talent to operate with

I feel Stone has even more soft simple spot for his picks, but especially for Alpi/Green, being they were his first babies he drafted to Rockets fam

The Rockets are showcasing Green to themselves to see if he is worth a Barrett extension

If Green can turn his last 8-10 games into a more consistent manner Tilman is likely to keep both and add whatever is needed going forward

Ime mentioned internal growth, you don't abandon that after 40 games in

6. Ancient Moabite

I never came at day in negative light, we have had many back n forth on here

I have no prob with nobody on this entertainment forum

We are all harmless, but we all have a boiling point, and the internet shouldn't be a place that riles anybody up

Especially one who feels disrespected by a comedy name call from a fake Hollywood film and a fake internet forum name

7. plegus

plegus Member

On the exact contrary, his development and use of skills in action have always been the question. His talent on the other hand, is undeniable.

8. Ancient Moabite

That was my take on it about some of the replies from Blade(DW) to me

They were just as you stated

Left me in a ''what the hell'' paradigm

I guess we are not on the same macro omniverse wavelength

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. Ancient Moabite

Watch out now, you may get put on the ignore list from the infamous and legendary......

''Name Calling Org.'', a 501(c)(3) incorporated in social media dulocracy

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jaters are high fiving and having fun when Jalen sucks. You'd think such tough macho men could take it as well as they dish it out when the shoe is on the other foot even if its short lived.

"dont name call me" LOLLLLLLLL

Ancient Moabite and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've accepted that some rocket fans just went a green gone for whatever reason. It's the post hoc rationalization that's frustrating. It's a no win situation for Green. He does poorly he needs to get traded. He does too well, then he threatens the insecurities of Sengun stans and and then spam fake narratives that it's a either or situation with Sengun and Green and Sengun is a better winner therefore Green must go.

It's absurd but I understand some guys will just want Green gone no matter what the case is. Maybe the finger nails are what will move positions on Green.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

And the point is???

14. plegus

plegus Member

Point is I corrected a clear misinformation.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

What a load....

Clearly struggling at 30/7/4 the last 5.

Come back with an actual humble opinion.

BigMaloe, jsb and Mathloom like this.
  16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Which was??????

17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Are you not understanding the words that are.....

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Green's permanent stay is your only concern during a long day, then you do not really have any real concerns.......

People's desires of him gone or not, do not reflect what the organization would do.

But it would be good if the org did give a signal again.

19. plegus

plegus Member

I will answer in good will, despite your writing suggests otherwise. Talent and skill are different words and are not interchangeable. Talent is generally used to refer to something that someone is naturally good at, while skill is used to refer to something a person becomes good at through practice and training.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can you rephrase this? I don't know if your posting style is intentionally cryptic or English just isn't your first language.

kubli9 likes this.