1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 7: Two Green Paths

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jan 29, 2024.

?

Where is Jalen headed?

1. More bought in, he will take a step this season

53.9%
  2. He is what he is, I do not expect him to improve in the second half

46.1%
  1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

His skill has never been a question...

What'd he look like if he'd been coached up last 3?

:mad:

Carpe82 and Bo6 like this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You nailed it. That’s the game I wanna see.

BigM, DaDakota and ramotadab like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hey, anything to shut up @Bobbythegreat for a while.

4. Ancient Moabite

The most important thing is making more than missing shots

Its just something about getting buckets in bunches in the flow of offense, you get hulk type energy rush which increases effort on def. side, confidence thru the roof

Which as you mention the other areas (boards/dimes/deflections etc) reflect that locked in/focused energy as production increases

His main problem was always consistency and having 12/20 FG shooting game then have multiple 4/16 type games, then flash a game and then back to bad habit Green

, so he may have a bad shooting game soon, you just hope he can rebound with a good 7-10 game stretch right after

That's when you know he may be turning the corner, he has until now and next yr to prove it, TBD

Dobbizzle, BigM, Roomba and 3 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It also remains to be seen if he has the roster.....

If it is another roster that can only get the 9th or 10th seed, this is a very boring conversation to have.

Minimum advancement.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. Ancient Moabite

Aunt Lucy.... What you talkin bout?

Dobbizzle, Verbal Christ and kubli9 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No need to name call....uncalled for. It does not cost you to leave out the name calling though.

Given that you call yourself Ancient Aunt Moabite.

I will write a note to myself to never engage with you, have a nice day.

#107 daywalker02, Jan 31, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  8. Ancient Moabite

It wasn't name calling

Its just you reply to some of my posts talking about nothing I mentioned

It sounds like you are being slick......

Or being Aunt Lucy from the HP 3 film

Write a note , take a picture or whatever to help you remember to don't reply with the Aunt Lucy content to me, thank you for that ...sincerely

Have a excellent remaining 2024 and beyond

''What's with all them worms in your head boy'' (aunt Lucy qoute/HP3)

Verbal Christ and kubli9 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I explained it somewhere else I guess......I reply sometimes with messages that are meant for the public as well.....and things on a macro level

Most people still intend to discuss matters in the here and now.....

His progression is welcomed, but when the team is only that good, he would be just another guy on a mediocre team.

If they want to get better results, they got to make moves.

#109 daywalker02, Feb 1, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  10. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

IMG_9818.gif

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

man look how skinny he was. and people try to tell me he hasn't gained any muscle since his rookie year smh.

Dobbizzle, BigMaloe, Roomba and 3 others like this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

To be fair... He does need to get stronger.

He should go train with Tim Grover.

Get him to another level.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, it takes more than a few fluke games to do that

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The hilarious irony of a guy who runs around calling others "Stans" not wanting to be "name called" dare I say -- Snowflake? :D:D:D

Dobbizzle and Ancient Moabite like this.
  16. Ancient Moabite

Because we are discussing something that is happening in the now or just finished doing so, you are replying to me and vice versa, so though the public can read it, it's still between us

So stay on topic in what we are speaking about, which is how a basic convo takes place, on a micro level

...... And the team just finished the past 3 seasons as 19 win team on average and have passed it in early phase two getting contributions from the draft picks and vets they signed and playing competitive meaningful games, which is huge for Cam/Amen and of course the other seasoned young guys benefit as well

So the team progression is welcomed, and if you can't see that, then continue doing you, makes me none

Its a bunch of 21+ yr olds in the league right now who are mediocre regardless of team

If they want better results, than they must do what the coach said, internal growth from young core while the vets set the tone and do their part

Bari/Alpi/Green are the key to them taking the next step, with Cam/Amen developing on schedule which should have them dangerous by yr 3 under Ime....

TBD

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not see what you want from me, dude, if you cannot understand a post, then you don't understand.

Why do you keep harping on something that is not important.....same thing if you are not sure if you are a Jalen Green fan or not.

I am not.... I am not fond his player type.....

If you Love him then just say it and stop beating around the bushes.

You are the tweener closeted guy who has no loyalty towards Green or not but keep bugging me about it.....

Tell me you are a Green fan and we at least have drawn the line here instead of bugging me about every tiny detail that involves Green the player.

I have no idea where you stand and you are using that confusion to talk about stuff that is confusing me and you ....

#117 daywalker02, Feb 1, 2024
  18. Ancient Moabite

A sports convo is what we are having, so what more would I want from you?

You having another aunt Lucy moment again

I root for Rockets to win, I want all players to do well league wide

Speaking about a rockets player more than others doesn't make one a Green or whoever only fan

When players are mercurial or oozes with potential or playing the best(or bad) or the new shiny toy they get talked about, which is why you see threads on Green/Sengun/Bari/Eason/Cam etc

Tweener = tells the truth from both sides of the coin on what happened on the court

Well that's how I view it from my aunt Lucy birds eye view

Now tell us how much you dislike Green and draw that line of claiming to be a concerned Rockets fanatic

You must be down talking Green a lot if you think my replies to you are ''bugging you about Green'''

You sure can dish it but can't take it.......waaaaaahhhhh

C'mon Blade, you can day-walk(er) in the Sun

Dobbizzle and Verbal Christ like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know tons of posters that are Green fans and at least you know with them and it might get chippy but at least I know what they think...

With you I am not really sure, and I do not want to get to name calling again .....it is not that I cannot take any impolite remarks from you again.....

Calling people names from a TV show is not nice if you don't know them, I am not sure your mother taught you good manners.

Dude, at least check out what I do here, I post sports news, I provide jokes and memes.....

Talking about the Rockets new members is not even a main gig I have here.....

You are way too confusing for me, dude, I am a family man, and I prefer taking care of my kid over discussing things with you, no offense, but lol.

You take things way too seriously, but you do you......I ask kindly to not disturb me if you don't have some urgent matters to say, thanks again.

We have nothing in common to talk about if you resort to name calling, that is the last bottom line for me.....

#119 daywalker02, Feb 1, 2024
    cmlmel77 likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member