1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. the dude who's been here two weeks has spoken again

giphy.gif

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Doesn’t take much for a hater to find his groove with this bunch!

anthony59237 and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

say, amenthesuperstar, do you have any recommendations for Craig Ackerman's cat's name? someone with strong opinions such as yourself would be a welcome addition to that thread. Maybe something like . . . Sourpuss? I'll leave it to you.

4. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Tell him lil bro, we Jalen stans ain't takin **** from nobody after last nights statement game.

5. Melik

Melik Member

Unnecessary accusations again. What if he's been here for 2 weeks ? Doesn't he have the right to comment ? Why does it make you so mad when he expresses his opinion ? Doesn't he have the right to write what he wants ? For example, you write nonsense comments to whoever you want. And you think you're funny :) it kills me, man ;)

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

glad we're not trading jaylen anymore. breh has proven that superstardom is in his future

7. plegus

plegus Member

The day people stop swinging WIDE in order to retaliate the opposing equally WIDE claims, we will capture the truth.

Jontro likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I was a year 1 Jalen Greeniac , dropped out in year 2 but thinking of coming back.

9. cryout75

cryout75 Member

I still think he plays street basketball, has tough time adjusting to team ball. Unless he does what he did tonight 70% of the time, he ll be an inconsistent average player. And he would be damaging whatever team he is in...

MystikArkitect and Melik like this.
  10. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Ayeee I just NOTICE they took away one rebound from Jeff Green and gave it to Jalen so he actually had a double double last night.

36 & 10

STATEMENT of the year. Tuff

Where all the haters at that said Jalen Green isn't even the best Green in the team. Ol' head unc had only 1 rebound in 17 minutes of action. No points, assists, blocks or a steal. Jalen is BACK!

11. MystikArkitect

It's why he's so inconsistent. Too much variability in his play. His shot selection is low % but on days it falls it looks amazing. Still trading him and the 24 pick for Bridges if I could.

cryout75 likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The analysts are up early today!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Love the ambiguous sarcasm...while straddling the fence. Puuurrrrrrfect MO. Dr. Dry with some lube. :D

Jontro likes this.
  14. Melik

Melik Member

It's evening in Europe, dude. Maybe the analysts stayed for the evening. hsjdjdhd

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What’s Europe?

apollo33 likes this.
  16. cryout75

cryout75 Member

exactly, that's why we do not really comment on your ignorant comments. lmao

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

oh no! You don’t comment on my comments? I have lost my reason for living!

18. mightybosstone

It's been nice to see Jalen play well the last two games, and I still genuinely would love to see him succeed. But what really concerns me is that even when he's "going off" against sub-par defenses and putting up 25+, he's still shooting abysmally from the 3-point line. He was 1-7 and 2-7 in those games, and he's a shockingly bad 5-38 in his last six games—13.2%! For the whole month of January, he's shooting 26%, and he's gotten worse each month since he shot a respectable 37.5% in November and we thought he was turning a corner.

He's attacking more, which is great—that's what we want him doing. But you cannot be a competent score-first shooting guard in 2024 if you can't at least shoot like 34%-35% from the 3-point line consistently. Kid needs to be working on that jump shot in the gym like crazy right now. If he is, it's not showing up on game day.

Corrosion likes this.
  19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

The second half of Jalen’s first year was far, far better than the first half. I could see that happening again now that he seems more comfortable in Ime’s system.

20. AmenTheSuperstar

:rolleyes::rolleyes: TrigonumTheJalenatic...

#1440 AmenTheSuperstar, Jan 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    OnNotice likes this.