1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Very good post. Thanks

Easy likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is a ridiculous post because Jalen Green scored better last season against the same league. He is visibly trying harder on both ends of the floor than last season, he worked on his game to Udoka's standards this summer and he got a little bit stronger.

So what's the reason he's shooting worse? He's just missing more? Why? He obviously cares more about winning this season. Taking fewer shots too.

Practically no one is succeeding at driving into the paint on this team regularly. I don't know if you realize that. You act like I haven't seen this very franchise run a more successful offense than this.

Are you really insinuating that players don't sometimes excel in one system over another? You're shocked the a hyper athletic 22 year old with a shaky 3pt shot and a great first step might be one of those players who benefits from more transition and spacing.

Is this really worth arguing?

Amel, ramotadab and Carpe82 like this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Cam whitmore has no problems driving and finishing at the rim or making open 3s. You are just making sht up now to deflect blame to anything except the player himself and your misjudgment of him over the years.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. NewAge

NewAge Member

sunk-cost fallacy…. What can we get for Landale? Why don’t you go "explore angles" to bring his value up?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wait, are you saying that the team shouldn't explore angles to bring up the value of every single player on the roster? What kind of fallacy is that?

BTW, I am very sure that the team had tried to explore angles to make Landale a more useful player.

ramotadab and BallSoHarden like this.
  6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I think he is genuinely untradeable right now. We'd get a mid first round pick at best which is garbage anyway with how poor the draft is this year.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Jalen Green is the definition of a Loser.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Narrarator: "The Houston Rockets won in Overtime."

Fans: "Jalen Green is the definition of a loser."

You fuxking idiots would rather hate Jalen than congratulate or root for the rockets winning.

Your pathetic.

anthony59237 likes this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

The Houston Rockets won in overtime DESPITE the best efforts of Jalen to lose the game for them. That’s why his loser ass was benched for Cam Whitmore, AGAIN. Can’t wait until he is permanently benched or traded so that I can enjoy Rockets basketball again without this eye sore.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What's pathetic is your pathetic rebuttals every time someone points out just how bad Jalen is at basketball.

You don't seem to quite grasp the fact that this is a professional sport. Participation awards don't fly here.

The only thing more pathetic than your 'LeAvE jAlEn AloNe' posts, is Jalen's actual performance on the court.

The only way you're going to go to bed happy with Jalen not being a total embarrassment out there on the court, might be when he plays for the Hong Kong Honeybees.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Did he though?

His TS% is down a negligible amount, the only real difference is that he's taking less shots because we care about wins now. He wasn't a good scorer last season either, the team was just so dog s**t nobody really noticed when he inefficiently compiled 22 points.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Jalen was bad, i have no problem with that or saying it.

Hes been a huge disapontment and hes likely never going to reach his potential and will be a role play most likely in the nba.

Whats pathetic, isnt my defense of a "Houston Rockets Player" but rather you and many others incessant and constant shiitting on Jalen, while ignoring any and everything else.

When you root for a players demise in spite of the teams success, makes you a fuucking shiit fan.

Im gonna go to bed fine.

anthony59237 likes this.
  13. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I think genuinely there’s something wrong with Jalen’s outside of the court. I was watching the highlights of the game and when he lost the ball on the way to drive which lead a Sengun scoring on that lost ball his face was “Oh crap not again, nothing is going right for me” looks on him with a despair.

14. Asian Sensation

Wen ELITE, superhero, scoring star ?

[​IMG]

15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Jalen isn't right, and it's more than a slump. He's one for his last eighteen from three. Yes, most likely YOU reading this right now could shoot that well from three, but it's clearly more than that. He looks beaten down. He looks defeated.

I feel bad for him, but he's got to get tougher, both physically and mentally, if he's ever going to reach his potential as a player in the NBA. Unfortunately, he's not improving at a rate that anyone should be satisfied with. I think he knows that and it's screwing with his head. I don't think it's because he doesn't care, I think he does care, and that's part of the problem. It's in his head at this point.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Honestly not our problem. I feel for him but this is his job, figure it out or his spot gets taken.

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think you're saying exactly what I'm saying? He scored more efficiently last season, the only difference being he has better teammates this season which typically results in better efficiency.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I can see that, but there is no more time for these things. He had 2 years under Silas, half a season under Udoka, more shots/minutes than he deserves in the league and a really good team/culture. He's had half a season to understand what we're doing, watch others do it, study, watch film, whatever it takes.

He's about to lose his starting spot and Cam deserves it, at least he can make 3's no matter what else he's bad at. I don't even know whether Jalen is primarily a 3pt shooter or someone who attacks the basket, I don't think he knows, I don't think Udoka knows. Whoever is the person deciding which shots are good/bad for Jalen, that person has failed imo - how could he be shooting worse than the last 2 seasons while taking fewer shots? Bring him off the bench and I hope we acquire a really good backup C. Jalen's development looks like it will take forever but it's time to focus on playoff positioning.

ramotadab and Carpe82 like this.
  19. Shake_it_up

Shake_it_up Member

Currently sitting on a 52 ts %

Slowly drifting below 40 percent from the field

ramotadab likes this.
  20. Risingred

Risingred Member

Every player has some type of slumps, but the hustle, the defense, the awareness need to be there all the time. Jalen and Cam caught watching the balls tonight, but Cam was shooting the ball well. Cam's attitude on the court could eventually become his achilles heel but he's a rookie we let him slide for now. Jalen, on the other hand, is a third year player which is hard to justify those type of behaviors. Jazz players circled a lot around Jalen tonight and Jalen just let those Jazz's players kept sliding to the basket, Jalen has 0 foul in 28 minutes is a testament that he didn't even try. It doesn't mean you need to pick up fouls on defense, but when the opposing team keep targeting you and there's no reason you committed no fouls for such a long period of time. The most critical issue of Jalen is his awareness and he puts himself before the team success. Time and time again he drove into the crowd either missing the layups or losing the balls. When your teammates have a better position than you, you should pass the ball for a better shot, especially down the stretch. When you are in slump, you know you are not having it but you keep jacking up shots after shots and running bad plays after bad plays and hopefully the ball will go in or the refs will blow the whistle, this is not winning basketball. Because you are in slump, you should dive to the floor for loose balls, sacrificing your body to draw charges, and do whatever it takes to help your team, this is how it should be. I don't see Jalen doing that. That's why I see no point in defending him.