1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

STOP CHANGING THE SUBJECT, YOU CORRELATED IT TO NAILS AND HAIR NOT TESTOSTERONE

Stop insulting my intelligence with these games, I've only ever had civil discussions with you. What the f*ck are you doing?

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Did you just eye test Jalen's testosterone level Mr Science

peleincubus and O-dawg like this.
  3. conquistador#11

15 years from now:

Chapter 44, Hall of Fame bound.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He’s a (insert any lamé adjective). Even over the internet it seeps through the message board.

There is 1000’s of men in the world with at some point have painted their finger nails etc that could stomp his ass in a fight or beat him in sports. While many of the straight ones could also pull hotter girls than him.

It’s 2023 though and individual like that can anonymously hide behind their screen and keyboard while spouting off some close minded and antiquated thinking like that.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

(red hat Qanon "truther" probably a wanna be sovereign citizen projecting his own masculine insecurities who cant escape his identity politics in any topic)

there are several of those running around these parts.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

i think its hilarious that people talk about jalen's nails. u wouldnt say this **** to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Just think how good The Beatles songs could have been if Paul had not painted his toenails.

[​IMG]

Or the Stylebender himself Middleweight Champion again.

[​IMG]

Just think of what these 2 individuals and other would have been capable of if they didn't resort to this.

Roomba likes this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

I don’t know why this is going on for 2 years now with such intensity. The guy looked like a girl and played like a girl. He’s manning-up now. I’m not retracting anything, but I do think he’s developing. Needs more, but the talent is unquestionable and was never questioned.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If he looked like a girl then I'm pretty sure would must look like an infant girl seeing as he's a 6'5" athletic freak who's been the "alpha" since like middle school.

10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Stop changing the subject and weaseling out of it. We know how you're forming your opinion and so no one cares about your basketball opinion anymore. This is going on for 2 years with such intensity because what you said is SO off and frankly unintelligent. There's no grand conspiracy to attack you. These posters don't normally agree with each other on much but they agree on this.

Imagine: A dude talking basketball forms his opinion about players by haircut, clothing and a testosterone eye test. When the hair cut and clothing change to look more like the dude, he considers the player to have more testosterone, thus more aggressive, thus better at basketball (the entire chain being scientifically false obviously). When the player dresses different than him, he considers them to have gotten worse at basketball.

You can rationalize any fantasy in your head, but to everyone else on this board you are just judging a player based on how similar their fashion taste is to yours. It has nothing to do with basketball. If he comes out in military gear tomorrow, you're going to think he got better at basketball. It's so stupid. It's the assessment level of a monkey or dog.

What did you think was going to happen, we're just going to carry on having debates with you about basketball?

HakeemOnlyFan and O-dawg like this.
  11. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You obviously didn't watch any of the NCAA Women's tourney if you're equating not playing aggressive to playing like a girl... but I've already been there and done that with you.

You are who we thought you were.

In an attempt to put the convo regarding Jalen back on track, the young man has improved offensively and now needs to add more muscle and consistent effort to improve defensively (still not sure how much of his lack of effort was tied to coaching\org. tanking).

In any regard he remains one if not the top prospect out of his class and one of the most promising young stars in the League. All he needs now is to good coach, a playmaker at point, and a winning culture.

#91 O-dawg, Apr 17, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    peleincubus likes this.
  12. NewAge

NewAge Member

They play aggressive and physical for girls. I’m with Neil de Grasse Tyson on this, we need to break sports into different hormone classes, like weight classes, regardless from gender (self)identification. That would have solved the Lia Thomas controversy. Jalen Green may be could qualify for the low-hormone class (i.e.WNBA), who knows. Last year, maybe…

13. fchowd0311

I don't think someone who can get head level at a 10ft rim and push off people like Draymond Green to score NBA pts has to worry about Testosterone and hormone issues in general.

14. fchowd0311

If you can't do more than 10 genuine pull ups from a resting hang you probably have low t issues. I'm sure Jalen can do that and I'm sure 95% of the message board can't.

Low testosterone has little do with how you express yourself in a fashion sense. It has to do with your physical activity. Physically active males have higher testosterone levels than sedentary lifestyle males.

Green doesn't live a sedentary lifestyle.

That is science.

For me I work a sedentary lifestyle job hence why I make sure I plan out weekly 10 mile hikes with decent elevation and intense cardio on things like ergometers daily. That is what keeps t levels high. Not avoiding fingernail polish.

I can safely say with certainty that no active NBA player has low T issues. Their physical lifestyle males that very difficult

#94 fchowd0311, Apr 17, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    peleincubus likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It occurred to me getting back into this thread that he's SO weird for thinking Green looks like a girl. What does a girl look like to him? lol Is that all it takes for him to want to f*ck someone? Maybe Jalen makes him uncomfortable.

Anyway, here's Jalen dunking all over some allegedly higher testosterone players:

O-dawg likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I would put money on his type: blonde, blue eyed, big t***, flat ass, built like a linebacker, smokes marlboro reds, bad cook with similar political views.

On your video - I think the YAMS on Claxton where Jalen used his left hand and then his right hand over the top in the same game were his best dunks yet. That was special. The more he fills out the more he can push defenders off of him for space and on the other side keep offensive players firmly in front of him.

O-dawg and Mathloom like this.
  17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Some of these dunks man, most NBA players couldn't do them with no defender in front of them. Just an astounding athletic specimen.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

@NewAge is right. If Green didn't have fingernail polish he would connect on this dunk and not wiff.

Mathloom likes this.
  19. MystikArkitect

It is a little weird. Almost suspiciously so.

Mathloom and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Well, I see this thread has turned in to a 610am commercial. Carry on.

Corrosion likes this.