1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I bet Janerika would choose sexy Newage over Jalen if forced because of the painted fingernails and all.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Playing around with stats. Of the 38 players who averaged at least 7 3PTA per game last year, Green ranks 6th in FTA per game.

So basically of those who shot at least 7 threes per game, Green was 6th best in the FTA/3PTA ratio, which, to me, he does a great job of generating FTs despite being a volume 3PT shooter.

Best in the league was Luka, who was the only person to actually average more FTA (10.5) than 3PTA (8.19) when shooting at least 7 threes a game.

Top 10:

Luka
    Dame
    Tatum
    Randle
    Harden
    Jalen
    Markkanen
    LaVine
    Mitchell
    Ant

Taking requests for random stats on any Rockets or non-Rockets players!

BigMaloe, fchowd0311 and Believe It! like this.
  4. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think I'll pass, but thanks!

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Then you'll pass 99.9% of women because I'm sure most other women are in the same boat of who they prefer also.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Of course I will! Way more than that, actually. If I pass on 99.9% that leaves 0.1% or about 4 million women...
    That's way too many for a guy in a monogamous marriage...

7. fchowd0311

That .1% are probably also sexually confused and suppressed women

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah based on the context of everything you have written I doubt you go for black girls lol

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Green's athletic trainer explaining what Green is concentrating on physically this season. Trainer said change of pace game requires strength to not get pushed around at your spots when you do try to slow down so the trainer has been concentrating on that type of strength to improve Green's change of pace so he can slow down reads and dictate the defense better.

BigMaloe and BaselineFade like this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

But I was told KPJ would start over Green. How can this be?!

11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Whoever told you that lied. They also lied about the team trying to win, Phase Two, playoffs etc...

It will be all the same. Year Three of trying to make Jalen Green happen.

12. fchowd0311

3 years? A whole 3 years? Damn it just took KPJ one year to be a all-star.

13. MystikArkitect

There isn't a current SG in the league that KPj would start over. Let alone one of Jalen's caliber.

OremLK likes this.
  14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

But DD said KPJ would start for a lot of teams in the league….

Is it all a lie?

15. xaos

xaos Member

Green definitely has a chance to improve our ceiling, but I would imagine Amen eventually ends up as the "leader" of our team.

I'm really excited to see how phase two plays out. During the "tank or playoffs" discussions I was full blown tank/tear-down rebuild despite the hate. I wanted 3 years of the highest chance at our pick of top tier prospects - mostly thanks to the worst trade in Rockets history and how our picks lined up. I also was adamantly against adding Harden and preferred to maximize our young talent in the long run rather than get more wins that ultimately wouldn't have been building a foundation to lean on. Green might not become a super star, but he has a chance to be one of the leagues best scorers with enough play making and defense (key this season) to be a true ceiling raiser. By building phase two this way this also allows a ton of opportunities for a lot of our prospects to shine and potentially become stars as well. With how our team is constructed (multiple young players with all star or all star+ potential) this isn't a Green or Bust scenario. But if Green doesn't become at a minimum a Lavine level player that would be a disappointment, which personally I think he'll be much much better

If this rebuild doesn't turn us into a contender by year 3 of phase two then I have nothing to complain about.

16. fchowd0311

I'd be disappointed if he just ends up as Lavine. He's a far more creative ball handler and more skilled than 21 year old Lavine.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe there is one negation too much because by that sentence....

You have everything to complain about if this rebuild does turn us into a contender by Year 3?

(Just double negated your original sentence)

18. xaos

xaos Member

My point is that on a macro level (tanking, taking Green/Smith/Amen, not signing Harden, Ime, building around the young core) they've done what I thought would be the best route to a multi-year contender/championship team. I can be disappointed with the outcome without having much of the important details to complain about.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

I do think he'll be a much better player and am glad the Rockets are willing to bet on it. I understand why you'd be disappointed especially considering Green has every reason to succeed the next few years.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So now I understand the season results can be complained about.

The way I see it that there are a few of those rebuilding teams as we speak that are precisely doing similar stuff.

I cannot say who is better down the road just now.

I think it will come down to how every Front Office aced the nitty gritty, details of each rebuild.

And if their draft luck turn into solid results.

If for example they reach the Sweet 4 of the In Season tournament, that would be great minor achievement.