1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Here's the thing...Jalen will be the worst defensive player on the team, just like many offensive stars are (Luka, Curry, Harden)

Team defense is what will make Jalen along with everyone else look better. As. you know, the worst defensive player on the worst defensive team in the NBA will always look like the worst defensive player in the NBA. Looking at stats like that doesn't tell you as much as you think it does. It actually is important to note that there were no "good" defenders on the Rockets last year, because that shows you that collectively, everyone is dragging each other down.

When the Rockets play better team defense next year with better personnel and schemes, Jalen will all of a sudden look like a much better defender relative to his NBA peers, as well. Is that solely because Jalen by himself got better on D? No, it will be because the gameplans are better leaving everyone else less exposed.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't know why that really has to be the case. He's one of the most shiftiest players in the league. Are you more referring to him having a higher offensive load? He definitely doesn't have to be the worst.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I realize that your whole bag is to $hit on the team.

AND I know you realize it's all you got.

T.O.B

4. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Jalen Green really putting In work over in summer league...I guess what happens in Vegas dont stay in Vegas...

Mathloom likes this.
  5. Ancient Moabite

Very well said

Mathloom likes this.
  6. Ancient Moabite

Thanos has spoken(finger snap) again

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do like that you are throwing a tantrum because valid criticisms about the object of your affection is being discussed... but you know that's just going to make poeple laugh at you, right?

If you wanted to actually discuss what was being talked about, that would be fine, but the "Leave Brittany alone" style histrionics is a bad look even for someone like you.

8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Just stating the facts kid.

And I'm by no means a Jalen only fan. Please.

Ancient Moabite and Mathloom like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You literally did not at any point state even a single fact.

You tried denial, that didn't work, then you made excuses, that didn't work, then you just went with random non sequitur comments.

10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Oh BS.

The whole team sucked on defense. A fact.

All you do is $hit on the team. Another fact.

Can't wait to hear your BS justification when the team gets better. Of course you'll find something to hate on because it's all you got and that as well, is another fact.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The whole team sucked, an attempt at deflection....no one sucked as much as Jalen despite every attempt in the world to hide him on that side of the ball because they knew he was pathetic defensively.

"all you do is $hit on the team" - an inaccurate statement made as part of a temper tantrum over your excuses and deflections not being effective.

Simply because I don't lie about Jalen Green's effectiveness on the court doesn't mean that I'm "$hitting on the team", calling out terrible players is what pretty much all fans of the team SHOULD be doing.

You're just trying to derail the conversation because you don't like that your guy is getting justly criticized, it's transparent.

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

More BS.

I never said he was good on defense. He wasn't. I said the whole team sucked on D. That is a fact. And it's a fact that all you do is troll this board and $hit on the team every chance you get. 99% of your posts is negative A$$ BS. And this is no tantrum. Just me stating the facts.

T.O.B

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You came into a conversation about how hilariously pathetic Jalen Green was on defense despite the team doing everything possible to hide him on that side of the ball and the first thing you did was try to deflect by saying "everyone was bad".....sure, but that doesn't change the fact that Jalen was BY FAR the worst.

You couldn't stand seeing a conversation about the reality of the situation, so you threw a tantrum in order to derail the conversation.

Anyway, I do hope that your guy eventually learns how to play basketball and one day won't be quite as pathetic defensively as he has been his entire career thus far....but you throwing fits on message boards does nothing to move him in that direction. The reality of the situation is that we're stuck with an overhyped chucker who is one of the worst defensive players in the league simply because we wasted a high pick on him and the team isn't ready to cut their losses just yet.

This time next year though.....who knows?

14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

As you can see, I came into the conversation to say how fn hilarious you are with all your trolling. Just stating a fact.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wasting time on booby. He was against green from the start and his way of pining for mobley is to just btch about green with whatever possible.

Man is just doubling down and tripling down and when Green actually performs well, he's gonna just weasel out of his endless btching by saying he was just being a concern Rockets fan. It happen b4 the end of last season when green went nuclear.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be all for Jalen if he ever turns into even a halfway decent player....but thus far he's been bad on offense and laughably pathetic on defense. You can keep drinking his bathwater all you want, but it won't make his performance any better.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Can't take u seriously with brewer 2.0 take, and faux concern as a Rockets fan when its about green. Keep pining for mobley.

Im quite confident with an actual coach and actual pg, Green would look a lot better. Now we will just wait and see.

18. Ancient Moabite

You pretty much sum up the Rockets team past 3 yrs and keep reminding others of one player like that makes your JG diatribe valid

Its like if me and you have a 3pt contest and I go 2 for 10 and you go 0 for 10 and then I brag about how you were pathetic and couldn't make one but I was pathetic also because I made a measly two

Then I constantly brag about how you were the worst shooter with me right on your heels as being the same

The Rockets were like in the mid to high 20's ranking in both team defense/offense, and its 30 teams in the league, they sucked as a whole, regardless what slice of the pie we set apart and break down

Its similar to someone on here saying Kobe had a higher VORP/BPM (or whatever alphabet gang) first two years than Green who was drafted by 20 win team

Which is like duh, because Kobe was drafted by a 50+ win historical powerhouse who had just acquired a prime Shaq that same offseason, with two other all star caliber players on the team already as well, so even a 7ppg and 15ppg scorer is going to look good

Just because you keep singling out Green in the bathwater doesn't mean the team def. rankings are going to change from being 28 worst(tied) team defense

Mathloom likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member