1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 5: The Green Revolution Falls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Mar 8, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think the organization is planning on Green being a head coach so ya.

I'm amazed he's doing this well at this young age with this much defensive attention.

If we drafted Mobley he would definitely get easier shots off but that's because his offense is mainly being a roll man who gets most of his pts off assists. Maybe drafting a glorified Capella at number 2 would have turned this franchise around.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

A team identity based on Michael Jordan getting contested shots is not going to amount to anything either.

What we need is a team identity based on Jalen Green getting off uncontested or less-contested shots and then take contested shots when it fails and we need a bucket. On a broken play to make something out of nothing, Jalen Green is actually amazing. More often than not, he'll get you at least free throws. He tends to show up for comebacks and clutch shots.

The shots you're talking about - scoring on contested shots - is not going to improve fast. It will improve as he adds games and muscle, a process that will likely take a couple of years. Nothing to worry about, just requires patience.

Dobbizzle and NewAge like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

4. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Anyone with a clear head knows how good he can be. The problems lie in the people surrounding him, which affects the whole team.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

I only care about these type of videos when it's a neutral fan making there comments who has no real attachment to the Rockets. So it's good that many people outside Houston are seeing that Green is getting undeserved hate coming his way.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For sure but I haven't seen you defend anyone else on this team with the same vigor.

8. fchowd0311

Agree. Green is my favorite player on the team and I believe gets the most undeserved hatred from not just Clutchfans but the media at large.

I feel like there is enough praise for Sengun outside the Houston market.

I'm not going to play curr games and not pretend I don't have a bias towards one player over another like most of this message board pretends to be.

9. fchowd0311

The worst thing I've seen online is some national media source attacking Green as a bust or something and Rocket fans who are primarily Sengun only fans come in and spread the takes on social media at some Russian troll farm level of efficiency and veracity throughout social media platforms generating perceptions that even Rocket fans hate Green.

topfive and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, pretending has been going in the NBA since initiation.

Why couldn't fans do it when pretenders pretend to contend.

That is another story.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Ancient Moabite

Does this confirm he is a NBA caliber player or just a flash in the pan and needs a few more yrs to reach that caliber status?

fchowd0311 and Verbal Christ like this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

14. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bobby the gripe faints....

15. NewAge

NewAge Member

Really? I don’t habitate these cesspools, but that would be a curious reversal. He came in the league with huge social media hype surrounding him.

16. fchowd0311

You obviously don't see how NBA media treats young high ceiling guards drafted to bad teams. See Booker. When he scored 70 his sophomore year there were more **** posts about how he's an empty chucker rather than praising his talent.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Man I don't think Green has been getting that much hate from the fans this years. It's all been KPJ vs Sengun. Sprinkled in with Jabari is trash threads. Jalen is just way to up and down to consistently hate. One game he's amazing next game he's awful.

Hate this year Probsbly goes.

1. Silas is trash
    2. KPJ as a point guard
    3. Sengun defense
    4. Jabari Smith can't shoot.
    5. Daishen Nix is worst player in nba.
    6. Jalen

Easy likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

topfive, Mathloom and majicdonjuan like this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Iunno Jalen was pretty bad for a stretch in the season just throwing up really bad shots and playing bad defense. He has played a lot better in recent weeks so people have stopped talking crap

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but even when he was playing bad all those other things were talked about way more. Cuz Jabari was worse. Nix is trash. Silas sucks.