1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Ancient Moabite

What i was actually saying was that those alphabet gang numbers you posted wasn't necessary because of the environment/good team Kobe already inherited so his 1st to 2nd yr numbers were going to look decent, and Sengun is the outlier on a bad team with a plus, the alphabet gang numbers are a slice of the pie, just not the entire, so i respect it in that fashion, just because i call it that name doesn't mean i don't respect what it showcases

i already mentioned they are negative players on a good team, you must have skipped over that part

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jalen Green is playing like a 20 year old.
    Alperen Sengun is playing like a 25 year old Allstar.

Jalen has the highest ceiling on the team.
    Alperen has the highest floor.

I just hope both the guys can reach their full potential for the Rockets success, but I wouldn't lie if I am a little discouraged of Green despite the 40 point games. Sometimes, you just have to take a step back and remind yourself once again that these are just kids.

rpr52121, Mathloom and kiwirocketsfan like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Back to being a bust right? LOL

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Gotta factor the lack of a pg and a coach 2. Like we are way into the season and silas is still trying to figure out the pecking order/rotations. Man is quite inflexible, with his preference of a guard dominate offense over a center

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have a hunch that's not what high ceiling means.

There are things like ball handling or basketball fundamentals that you just have to learn at kids age or that is sort of innate if you want to be elite.

If you haven't learned to play PG by high school then your combo guard existence is just a temporary, limited one.

Alperen has the highest ceiling because he has only been exposed to American brand of basketball for less than 2 years.

His improvement and advanced stats are incredible.

#1645 daywalker02, Jan 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    CXbby and SamFisher like this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really disappointing effort from him last game, just didn't seem engaged on either end.

He needs better coaching and/or veteran leadership unfortunately.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is one of them circular don't make sense stretches imo.

JG currently sucks a lot of the time, but occasionally is great. Therefor he must have TONS of room for potential.
    Alpi is CONSISTENTLY very good and occasionally great. Therefor he must have not as much room for potential, but we know he won't suck!!

Conclusion: Alpi should suck more often, then his potential would be seen as higher!!!!

lol

BBall reference does GameScore as a means of rating single game performance. Alpi doesn't just have the highest single game gamescore among him and JG, he has the highest among him and JG, Cade, Mobley, Barnes, Giddy and Franz. In other words, per that metric, he's had the greatest great game amongst them so far in their careers (admittedly, it doesn't fully factor in defense if its not showing up in boxscore stats). In other words, he has insanely great potential, too. In other words, there's no evidence that supports that Jalen has the highest ceiling.

What's the most disappointing and simultaneously perplexing about Jalen is... I think he's the most disconnected top top prospect I've seen in ages when it comes to skill vs. game feel. He has INCREDIBLE skill and innate talents - athleticism prime among those. At the same time, he has virtually zero "feel for the game". His innate feel, his bball iq... its just low. That's why we get what we get.

It's almost like we have to start from scratch and teach him how to play basketball... despite the fact that he's also already really good at basketball.

BigMaloe, Mr Woods, NewAge and 3 others like this.
  8. tmacfor35

Jalen's shot creation, athletic ability put him in the .0001% shot of being the best player in the league.

People call Alpy, baby Jokic, but he is no where near as big/long as Jokic which is a factor. I don't think his ceiling is best player in the league. That is my thoughts while there are players like Jokic and Giannis in the league. Thats why i said what I said.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Jalen is so far away from being anywhere near capable of being the best player in the league its a joke.

Creating shots you struggle to make or being athletic yet still not being able to have a layup bag aren't strong endorsements.

It's just a perpetuation of AAU ball that values the wrong things.

As I said, Jalen needs to learn how to play competitive basketball, where the things you mentioned dont give him much of an advantage, but the things you mentioned PLUS your brain and feel for the game do.

BigMaloe, MadMax, NewAge and 2 others like this.
  10. tmacfor35

Well, that might be why I said he has a .0001 shot...

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I said this on Tuesday, i thought it was a false dawn after he scored 40 taking & making a lot of very difficult shots. Some nights, they're going to just...GO IN.

But, consistently making difficult shots is very hard to sustain. That's why they're called...difficult shots.

JayZ750 likes this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sounds like the Stromile Swift of shooting guards.

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yes. You don’t get it. The more you produce on the court, the less of a "potential" you have. This is a similar concept, it may help you understand.

JayZ750 and CXbby like this.
  14. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Ball movement was much better without this chucker in the team.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We'd be lucky to win 20 games at this point.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Kid lost his mojo. I'd rather let Christopher play more at this point.

I don't remember this Jalen from last year.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Chapter 11.

RocketsDraftTV and J.R. like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

MadMax likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Get ready to learn Chinese buddy