1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chapter 13 Streak?

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Chapter 5 adds something new hopefully. My guy is struggling and the hangdog act isn't it.

clos4life likes this.
  3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Green has ADD on defense, and because he’s so slim he gets bumped off super easily

He ball-watches, he tries to help in paint when he should stick to perimeter

now with KPJ hurt, he has to play PG which at a NBA level = turnovers and indecision because he’s not the best ball-handler under pressure

if he adds floater when he can’t make it all the way to rim, and increase the baseline midrange jumper and eliminates the step back wing 3s…. His efficiency would look a lot better

He also needs more change of pace moves

NewAge likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is true but let’s also not forget offense is far easier than it was back when Turner was getting drafted. The game has certainly changed significantly in that regard.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It might be that the revolution that is coming wont be Green's.

6. dmoneybangbang

Edwards has made it his priority to just mentally break Green every time we play. That dude is just ruthless and hella strong so Green has no chance.

I am worried about Green, but our entire ecosystem is has clearly been **** for two years. Even so, the probability of Green being a franchise player is getting lower.

clos4life likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not defending Silas at all but alot of these concerns should have already been addressed during the offseason. No one told Kobe he had to work on his legs coming into next season so his shots could start falling during the lost season. He did that on his own.
    Same with James Harden. Guy came back and improved every year and had a new move after every offseason. Even with Mchale as the coach.
    Kid either wants it or doesn't.

Ancient Moabite and cml750 like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean we could be talking about Kobe's early years too, they were not pretty at all.

Overall, probably not helpful to compare too much to anyone, his career is his own and will take its own path

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think by now he should be way bigger. He is not eating enough

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Corey Brewer's 50 point game was a fluke though. Green has had multiple 40 point games at this point.

When he's on, he's unstoppable. Some nights he's on, some nights he's off he now has to figure out how to be efficient on off nights and bring more value to his team when he's not shooting well.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think this team as a whole just doesnt work at all. Its on coaches. There is not a single reason why Jalen wouldnt be atleast respectable jacked by now. Why Sengun still has so much fat. Why we play still same **** all over again for second year straight, or even worse

12. a time to chill

13. Landry's Tooth

The problem is that there is little in between and no consistency. He has had 8 games of 30 points or more.

The other 37 games, 12 times he shot better than 40%.

That means in 25 of his 45 games (more than half) he has been awful.

So here is how I see it...

Roughly 15 - 20% of the time he's a star.

Another roughly 20% of the time he's just ok.

Then about 60-65% of the time he has been one of the 10 worst starters in basketball.

That outlay is not typical of young players who go onto great success. Could be related to coaching, the system, or him... time will tell...

Scarface281, fattz, Dopamine and 2 others like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Doesnt help his best bud jc is chained to the bench either.

Silas as a coach is the worst for Green, coddles him too much

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The outlook of this team and franchise is not rosy and it might not be for years, folks are naturally feeling the heat, urgency.

They look at their No2, No3 picks.

I am speculating at this point that there would be improvement in the next years but am I confident.....not really.

I don't think any of those players will shed the tag 'player on a bad team' anytime soon.

16. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

The Team needs More authority, its like let them do all they want with no consequences.

The need structure..like my Kids. With no rules my Kids would eat sweets and Junk food, would watch TV all Day while having 24h screen time on there mobile. I have to explain that the yellow circle outside is the sun.

NO guidelines leads to Bad habits. Thats why we talk about effort, defense, turnover, shot selection...

Aruba77 likes this.
  17. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Kobe was coming off the bench. Didn't have the green light. Actually playing with veterans.

clos4life likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I do understand that he's been more bad than good for most of his career but I think when you have players like this it's best to remember the talent is in there. It's just now on him and the people around him to bring it out of him more consistently.

Right, Kobe's situation was also better and he was coached by a HOF coach who was known to play mind games to motivate his players and get the best out of them. Was kind of Phil's whole thing since he left the X and Os to his assistants.

Our coach doesn't seem to be too involved with teach good or bad habits, the ball is just rolled out there and they play and have to figure it out.

19. WestendMassive

Look at Jalen over there in his own little zone. That's good right?

[​IMG]

gumbleton3 likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a special kind of terrible that no other player can match.