1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This thread is so popular after a bad game.

2. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Absolutely. I don't doubt that he put the time in but the time he put in was inefficient. If you hear Jalen talk about his workouts, he speaks a lot about the hours he put in. Hours mean nothing when you're in the gym not doing the right work. I rather have a guy be in the gym half an hour getting right than someone who's in the gym for hours practicing step backs. If he gets right and surrounds himself with the right people then there's a lot of improvement that can be made. He also needs to get off social media because he's a little too obsessed with his image which is a big reason why he's going for the whole rockstar look.

CXbby likes this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Anybody thinking this is a shooting slump is kidding themselves. Open your eyes, he looks absolutely TERRIFIED out there. Every move he makes is either getting stuffed in his face or stolen, it is so pathetically sad that I’m not even mad at it, I genuinely feel bad for the kid. Like as a Rockets fan I should be livid, at him, at the gm who picked him, but all I feel is pity.

REEKO_HTOWN and gumbleton3 like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Never wavered expectations lol

i3artow i3aller and Dobbizzle like this.
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Anthony Edwards is an allstar. My expectations was that Jalen would never reach Edwards. Which he did not last year, and the gap is astronomical now since one is rising and the other is cratering. Like…you think putting the two in the same sentence right now is gonna make me look..bad? Bruh.

6. xaos

xaos Member

CXbby likes this.
  7. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

Welp. At least Jalen Green doesn't just stand around and mope after his own turnover and runs back to at least contest the shot unlike KPJ.

But right now with Jalen being so exposed to being around KPJ 24/7, both of them are so full of ****. Zero effort on defense, tunnel vision on offense, inconsistent as hell. Makes the same mistakes over and over. When John Wall said both Green and KPJ get away with a lot of ****, pretty sure it's a combination of their lack of focus and effort in-game, and also just fooling around not being focused in film sessions, showing up late to practice and just going through the motions, and getting distracted off the court.

Like someone else said, I just don't see any competitive fire in Jalen. Seems like he's just happy to be in the NBA and have his star shine. And KPJ has absolutely nothing between his ears and near-zero IQ. At this point, I'm getting worried that the bad habits are so ingrained in Jalen that moving off of KPJ and Silas and bringing in a new coach and vets won't actually help him. Jalen just doesn't have that mentality that Alpi and Jabari have and yet the whole organization from Tilman, Stone on down have catered to KPJ and Jalen as if they are already franchise-level stars. It's gonna be hard to reel him back.

Richie_Rich and Crashlanded19 like this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

It has nothing to do with that. I'm talking about your act. You're acting like you've been behind Green and now you're just giving up. You just **** on him whenever you can.

i3artow i3aller and Dobbizzle like this.
  9. CXbby

CXbby Member

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is like 2 or 3x a week.

tycoonchip likes this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

I was never behind Green, that was a massive failure of a pick from the beginning. Mobley was the obvious right choice and I said that from the start. What I was behind is the idea that Green could still be this fringe allstar who scores a ton of points. Yeah I’m pretty close to being out on even that now, what I’m seeing right now is an utter shtshow of a player.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is why as a fan of a team it's never a good idea to come out and say you think a player will be a bust, a failure, whatever.

Some of these people are rooting for him to fail just so that they can be right. You know who these people are when they all flock to a thread after every bad game.

Really no different than the Harden haters who say little for the entire season than pop up when he loses in the playoffs.

13. Landry's Tooth

No, he's just passing on wide open layups on breaks so he can throw it off the glass to a trailing defender...

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I've been saying this about Green for a while now.
    Only way this kid succeeds in the NBA is if he becomes a shooter.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

This is such utter BS. I hope and pray I look like an idiot and Jalen turns into an allstar. But as a fan of the TEAM, not a member of Jalen’s 14 year old IG followers, I can’t just sit here and ignore what I see. That’s not rooting for him to fail, that’s calling for accountability. The front office needs a full overhaul and heads need to roll. It leaked that the analytics team was all in on Mobley, what the hell happened to that? This was a serious franchise one time where there was process to decision making. Whoever made this pick spat in the face of all that was chasing YouTube highlights and IG fame. Pathetic player and pathetic organization.

16. Landry's Tooth

When your dog pees on the rug he's never going to learn not to if you don’t rub his nose in it and tell him no...

I think people are frustrated with Green. He's gotten worse which is a really bad sign... he's scaring thoughts of Evan Turner into people. People getting frustrated is a sign of disappointment, not joy...

CXbby likes this.
  17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Green needs a coach and vets to develop, not Silas and KPJ. His performance is very bad, but he is not trying to do the right thing and cannot do it. He just keeps doing the same thing, and that same thing is bad. That's coaching or there lack of right there. Similar to KPJ overdribbling the ball or dribble into two-three defenders to take a contested shot.

Same with sengun, we would think sengun has not developed this much if KPJ had not been injured. Sengun was improving, but Sengun last few games is a different animal that we would never see if it weren't for injuries.

Same with Garuba. If Bruno did not get injured, maybe Garuba would be in the g-league.Hell maybe Sengun would not start the games for a long time.

It is all on coaching.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jalen needs a coach to hold him accountable and teach him good winning habits on both ends....same for others on this team.

Silas letting the players decide in a Read and React is a disaster.

DD

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Again, if your only posts come when he's having a bad game and you go quiet when he's having a good game then you're guilty what I spoke of.

If not, then no reason to feel defensive about it really.

Some people just seem extra excited and active when guys have bad games.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sengun can read a defense and figure out the right play with some frequency.

Green can.... jump high.

With a whole roster of doofuses and 19 year olds, there's nobody to center a more complex scheme around.