1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh you are talking about this game in particular. Ya it was an inefficient night. Then again it was the Bucks who have multiple all defensive level players.

2. fchowd0311

But overall in reference to last season and this season he's more efficient than than any guard his age with similar volume. His ts% was 55% last year for reference. Cade, the number one pick was at 50%.

3. marinara

marinara Member

Been inefficient 2/3 games so far ? I like Jalen but get off his dick seriously he can’t do any wrong and it seems like KPJ can’t do any right

4. fchowd0311

I honestly would be happy with KPJ even if he started the first three games scoring inefficiently if he wasn't such a ball stopper on offense.

Are we grooming KPJ to be Luka and make him the centerpiece of a heliocentric offense? Is that the future plan for this team because that's the offense we have been running.

5. marinara

marinara Member

There we go 0-100 on KPJ.

6. fchowd0311

No I'm genuinely trying to understand the future plans. Are we actually grooming a heliocentric offense where KPJ is our Luka because that is what the offense looks like.

7. marinara

marinara Member

Do you think anyone else on this team can create or dribble like KPJ? Honest question.

8. fchowd0311

Yes. Green. In fact he was 12th in the entire league in iso points per possession his rookie year and by far was the youngest player on the list in the top 20.

Iso scoring is creating off the dribble as you aren't relying on screens and motion offense. Just one on one with your defender.

KPJ is the better ball handler than Green no doubt. But because someone is a better ball handler doesn't mean that you need to create a heliocentric offense around that person. Every team in the league has a "best ball handler on the team". That doesn't automatically give them the green light to dominate possessions the way he does.

Someone being the best ball handler on the team doesn't automatically mean we need to turn that person to Luka. We can have a different type of offense that isn't that.

I would like to see more plays run through Green where a good screen setter like Sengun sets a high screen for Green multiple feet beyond the three point line to give Green plenty of down hill speed to get to his top gear in speed in a half court situation. Right now the half court offense is crunched up with little spacing not taking advantage of having a player with 99.9 percentile speed

9. marinara

marinara Member

iso scoring isn’t running an offence

10. fchowd0311

KPJ isn't running an offense. He's playing Harden without the vision of Harden. KPJ can initiate plays. He can be the initial player to drive and kick to start the initial collapse but what we don't need him to do is dribble the air out of the ball for 20 seconds on a possession and then pass it off.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Jalen Green. I'm still in a "wait-n-see" mindset with KPJ at the point but I'm still am not comfortable with him at PG. I want to see him embrace the role of the primary facilitator instead of a scorer. Right now he looks for his shot way more than I like, sometimes at the detriment of the Rockets offensive flow. If Jalen, or Jabari, or Sengun have a mismatch, or have have got it going, come back to them. Instead it almost seems like he goes away from what's been working to get his shot.

May just be my perceptions and I'll admit I'm extremely doubtful of this PG experiment, but like I said I'm just going to wait and watch and hope that I'm wrong.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  12. marinara

marinara Member

what I was trying to say is his the only player on the team that can actually initiate plays, and no don’t mention Sengun.

13. marinara

marinara Member

Jalens handle isn’t as good as KPJ and his not ready to run the offence and try to get his team mates going. Maybe in a year or two but let him get his scoring down and consistent effort on D first.

14. fchowd0311

So I guess we running a heliocentric offense.

Don't get Wemby though if we get the first pick. He won't fit well in a heliocentric offense where he basically going to be regulated to being Clint Cappella.

15. fchowd0311

Every NBA team has a player who is the best ball handler on the team. That doesn't mean they create heliocentric offense around that player.

Richie_Rich, marky :) and peleincubus like this.
  16. marinara

marinara Member

I’m rewatching the game right now because I think you are exaggerating but I would like to watch again to make sure.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yo dude, you're not here to talk about Green. There's a KPJ thread. Did you really walk into a thread of people intentionally choosing to be optimistic about Green to have a b*tch fit about KPJ and to tell them to stop being optimistic? Think about it for a second. There can be infinite threads, one for every purpose. There's one for exactly what you're doing. This is way too much emotional behavior from you for a basketball message board ffs.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

After rewatching the entire game were you able to determine if he was exaggerating?

xaos likes this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Perfect example. Any time Jamal Crawford was on a team.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

Jalen needs to be more aggressive demanding the ball, but I suppose that will come with age and experience. Everything else, an A so far in my book.