1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. i3artow i3aller

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This would also explain the amount of negative attention that Green gets, that generally seems a bit out of the left field.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Among grown men? Girls? Mixed communities? Them?

#83 daywalker02, Oct 19, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

LOL. Green already almost as popular as Harden.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden's game visually isn't that fun to watch and for the ladies, he ain't a looker either :D

Green has a lot of things going for him to make him a household name except level of play(so far) but that will change hopefully.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That was part of the vision in drafting him - name recognition and popularity were already following him around. Nephew out there doing fashion ads and the such and is an adored social media guy. Doesnt hurt that he's a lethal scorer and high flying player. Total package. This team needed an identity and icon type player and Jalen brought that much more than the other guys mentioned in that draft. Cool to see him listed with these other "stars" especially when his game will only continue to get better and better.

7. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I want to see Jalen start getting that pick way at the top like Ja so he can attack full speed downhill in similar fashion. Ja and Steven were obliterating us with that last night.

8. fchowd0311

I don't know if Silas understands these things.

Jontro, bmelo and conquistador#11 like this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he drop 33 with insane highlights and people already bored? harden ruined ya'll

Von Rafer, NewAge and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’m not bored. I may get some slack for this, but I don’t care: I enjoy watching Green play more than I ever enjoyed Harden.

11. conquistador#11

Just need Green to develop the Euroflop.
    Our 'back up' center is drawing more FTAs than 60% of the starting line up combined.

Von Rafer likes this.
  12. Caesar

Caesar Member

That wow must watch factor is rare. Ja is becoming must watch himself(or rather already is and far ahead of Jalen so don't get me wrong. Jalen aint there yet).
    As great as many greats are, such as LeBron(mechanical bull), Harden(dribble dribble dribble), Duncan(yawn fundamentals), KD(could have been if he was a gunner), Kawhi(doesn't play enough), Kareem(skyhook for 3 decades yawn), and many more...they just don't have that must watch factor. They have wow moments, but overall they're just consistently all time great basketball players. I'd rather watch a great basketball player that is also a great showman. It's the entertainment bidness baby. I'd rewatch Hakeem's career without a ring over Hardens any time even if Harden Rockets beat the Warriors and won 1 ring. I'd rather rewatch MJ's career if he never won a single ring over LeBrons if he goes on to win 3 more by forming another super duper friends team.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The season started as I thought. The kids were all pumped up about shocking the world, but only one of them is still standing after facing real NBA competition. KPJ's ego can't stand Jalen (though his true self loves Jalen) and it's leading to shots he can't make often, Jabari is still learning, Sengun has been benched, Bruno is down, Tate is down, Gordon is bored, Christopher is regressing, Eason is showing flashes, Tyty is nowhere to be found. Sometimes you have to take a punch to the face to wake up. It helps to have a superstar forming in front of your eyes.

Jalen wants to believe his teammates can do what he does, but they are not cut from the same cloth.

This 0-3 starts is going to filter the believers from the non-believers. I stand by my prediction. Jalen is going to make a team out of these guys.

14. NewAge

NewAge Member

this is insane!

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Its crazy to see all the anti green haters shut their mouths and are now amazed with Green. Literally been only like 8 months that they were ragging on him and calling folks green cultists.

Newage, boobythegrear, cxxby, jigglyfly, downtown Sniper and many more. Folks may show support for green Now but the receipts are still on here with all their sht knee jerk takes and their attitude of calling folks cultists.

Folks opinions can change but doesn't excuse their shtty attitude towards others when they thought green was hot garbage

16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I was a hater. Green has absolutely blossomed over the offseason. I love the young man he’s a stud. Might already be the best shooting guard in the world.

17. marinara

marinara Member

Being a hater and actually judging on him in how he is is two different things. Jalen is my favourite player but his gotta be more efficient.

18. marinara

marinara Member

Edwards is better than Green have to be real…

19. fchowd0311

Relative to which player his age and stage of development? Which guards his age who have his shot volume are more efficient?

20. marinara

marinara Member

relative to what stats dude, 30% good enough for you?