1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And I'll respect you more for it. Hope all of our young players flourish and make us all proud. I feel we are on the verge of something special.

Believe It! and King1 like this.
  2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Same. I want you guys to be right and me wrong. With the cap space and young talent we're a good young team. Going to be am interesting year. Trust me, I want KPJ to make me look stupid

Believe It!, PatBev and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Loving the positivity guys. Jalen has already created fans out of this board, and he's done it with work when no one is watching.

This roster is amazing me. How many coaches of tanking teams do you hear say "I had to give these guys a day off because they don't know how to rest". That's unusual and incredible.

4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

This is a major reason why KPJ’s extension is important.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

I am totally onboard with the Green revolution!

6. i3artow i3aller

7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Nothing to see here, just another Zach Lavine right? lol

Sacrifices Oladipo at 3:08 btw.

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

Thanks, very nice compilation. Night and Day vs last year preseason. Let’s hope it carries over.

This kid was just not mentally ready for the NBA last year, and he got punked, IMO. You could see it in his media, his body language on the court, etc. I think the vibe coming from him now is completely different: engaged, competitive, edgy. I like that a lot.

Jabari’s vibe is also very excellent. Let’s hope for a better season, last year was an abomination.

Dobbizzle and clos4life like this.
  9. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At about the :15 second mark of the video, that would have been a turnover last year. When I watched the preseason this year I was specifically looking to see if Jalen continued to work on the weaknesses of his game. It is abundantly clear to me (even from that small sample size) that he has made leaps and bounds. Would see him almost get pushed off the ball and definitely off line of some of his drives last year. Now he seems to be in much more control of where he wants to go and his lines of attack are much cleaner.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think the painted fingernails makes him shoot better! ;)

Dobbizzle, Mathloom and O-dawg like this.
  11. NewAge

NewAge Member

in addition to Jalen’s improvements, the offensive scheme looks better, with more and better spaced PnR. That opens space for Jalen; if he gets a line he’s blur. The 0;15 play is still a very bad play, he scored only because of insane elevation and body control and some luck, but you don’t want to rely on these type of plays.

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You know, there’s always someone who calls a revolution ugly while it’s happening. Then when there’s growth and expansion there’s the people who enjoy the fruits of that revolution.

This season is going to be ugly too when taken out of context. Things are ugly before they’re beautiful. That’s the way of the world. Not every ugly thing will be beautiful, but every beautiful thing was once ugly. The Big Bang. Embryos. Plants. Diamonds. Brainstorming sessions. Kobe Bryant. Michael Jordan. Hakeem Olajuwon. Everything. You can see the beauty in them if you look closely at them and everything around them.

We can sit here and talk about how beautiful it is to be here now, but if you couldn’t see that last season was clearly ominous of this version of Jalen, then you won’t see what this season is pointing towards either. I worry you’ll be disappointed again.

How did I (and a few other posters here) know in the midst of his worst stretch of the season that he would look this good now? I was told I’m guessing and that I don’t actually know. I said: I know. How did I know he would be exactly this player we see now? I just looked deeper into Jalen’s psyche. His DNA and mind are ROCK SOLID.

He was never afraid of contact and never deterred by failure at the rim. What’s more, the worse he played, the more he trained - that’s a rare diamond right there. He was more of a mature adult last season than most of the NBA. That’s what it takes to transform your game within 40-something games. That’s not common. That was beautiful. I knew that a man of his character is literally incapable of not coming back physically stronger and more skilled. It was easy to see. It wasn’t a guess at all.

I smiled at every turnover, every defensive lapse. To me he was more mentally ready and confident than I’d seen a rookie be in a long time.

You’d be frightened if I opened the whole Book of Jalen right now and you saw all the chapters. Last season was exactly what I expected from the first chapters of a future NBA legend. Study the greats and their first chapters, it will help you really enjoy this. Welcome aboard, we’re going to celebrate titles together all the same.

#72 Mathloom, Oct 18, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  13. NewAge

NewAge Member

yeah man, you’re totally mad, you know, in a "mad genius" kind of way.

Dobbizzle and Mathloom like this.
  14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Haha that’s a fair point. For what it’s worth, you’re being totally rational and I get that.

Dobbizzle and NewAge like this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

The way they got JG bringing the ball up and initiating things got me thinking they're trying to morph them into a cohesive duo that runs the offense seamlessly together. I can't think of anyone doing it in the past, but seems these 2 could pull it off. Balance is key. If both are high level scorers and facilitators, they'd be great together and during times Silas staggers their time. 100% optimistic at this point.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Preach!

Mathloom likes this.
  20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I could see it working. In all honesty, with how Jalen develops things to a high level, I don't think it would be impossible if they just swapped positions in the next 2 seasons. I think the potential for either one or both to be the primary facilitator(s) the way things currently stand. And to my eye at least, Jalen looks the more natural of the two on the ball, and KPJ's hardly a slouch as a catch and shoot, spot up shooter/secondary playmaker if that did happen.

Believe It! likes this.