1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I loved Jalen Green last year - do that search you mentioned and see.

This year - that atrocious half of basketball he just put up - there's no defending that. He just looks like a guy who's been reading this thread and thinks he's Kobe when he's not even half price American wagyu BOOM ROASTED

And it's not just slightly inconsistent - this is 3 straight stink bomb games in 3. I know he's young but a for a future franchise player - i don't see it anymore.

2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

He's turned the Suns game around in the third, that's what I like to see. When he plays engaged and focused, he's so dynamic on the offensive end.

Mathloom and xaos like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

LOL. Imagine complaining about a half of basketball before Green blows up.

Learn ball.

Mathloom likes this.
  4. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam, love ya... and you are hilarious sometimes, but the 3rd quarter Jalen just had made this post reeeeallly funny. :rolleyes:

Mathloom likes this.
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’m not sure I understand this take. He’s 20 playing with a bunch of 20 year olds. He’s not going to be consistently great, he’s still a child in the NBA. A game like tonight is exactly why you should be bullish on his future as a star.

BigMaloe, Mathloom, javal_lon and 3 others like this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

That 3rd quarter though...

xaos likes this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Jabari is going to be such a beast in his prime.

Mathloom, javal_lon and xaos like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Even if he continued to stink it up this game this still is a incredibly stupid take.

Jesus how many 20 year old guards have you people actually have scene? Like I'm sincerely curious what do you expect in terms of stats for a 20 year old guard? Compare him to any superstar to start guard at 20 you want. I want to know what your damn expectations are?

9. xaos

xaos Member

Green won us that game

javal_lon likes this.
  10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Sam with the anti-jinx ;)

But for real, this might have been the best second half of basketball that I can remember Jalen playing. The third quarter was all about keeping us in the game and scoring in bunches, the fourth was about trying to stop the best offensive player on the court. I'd say he did great at both; and this was after a very very slow start. I've seen him have some pretty bad games when he couldn't get it going in the first but more and more it looks like he's figuring it out.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Im glad he made me look the fool after that first half - i guess it's just seeing him next to Booker and realizing how wide the gap is in terms of being an efficient scorer.

cmlmel77, javal_lon and Roomba like this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

While he is not quite there from an efficiency standpoint, Jalen continues to do a great job at getting to the line, which might be one of the single most important offensive skill a player can have.

xaos likes this.
  14. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish they had Jalen mic'ed up because I would love to know what Booker said to him that got him fired up. There was one point in the game when they were noticeably going back and forth at each other verbally and I'm pretty sure that drive was a result of some that animosity.

Bottle that Jalen and bring that ferocity to every game.

It's incredible how fast this kid is growing. On a night again when he is struggling to score from outside he finds a way to be a force and arguably wins this one for the Rox. 16 trips to the line, mixed in a few floaters, change of pace dribbles... impressive.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It was a canyon sized gap in the 1st half, unquestionably. Green was inexcusably bad.

He kept up with Booker in the 2nd half. The main difference was he attacked the basket relentlessly like he was prime Harden. This is what he needs to do whenever his shots don't fall.

Funny enough, Booker actually played a lot more like Green in the 1st half in his 2nd half, falling in love with his jumper too much.

Also, I'm happy he decided to take on Booker on defense in the 2nd half. I think they were jawing at each other and Green decided to take the challenge afterwards.

Not Green's best game, but probably one of his better games when he it comes stepping up to the challenge.

Roomba, Mathloom and xaos like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well any person can see the wide a$$ gap between a 26 yr old, 7 year vet vs a 20 yr old 2 year vet.

How about u compare him to his peers. If u do dumb sht like compare him to vets and hofs of course he's gonna disappoint u.

I think a 20 yr old scoring 20-30 pts ppg is quite impressive.

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I like him willing the team toward victory than worrying about some bullshit analytics acronyms... Do what you do! .. That was the time ..

fchowd0311 and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Jalen is a much better athlete than Booker, there is a good chance he becomes better than Booker over time.

Devin Booker at age 20

[​IMG]

Jalen Green at age 20

[​IMG]

19. xaos

xaos Member

Agreed

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Green was more efficient than Booker when he was 20.

Mathloom likes this.