1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Ancient Moabite

Green is also one of the best young up n coming players in the league

You choosing Luka/Harden over those type players doesn't change that

Of course more explosive players put more stress on their body than lesser types like Luka/Harden, but the flip side is they carry extra weight and carry a load which causes injuries at any given moment as well, which the party life has caught up to Harden and Luka weight/conditioning is always going to be a problem for most part especially if he doesn't change his offseason diet/training program

2. Ancient Moabite

Why didn't they figure it out pre-bubble?

Making a low seed playoff berth is not the same as a 60 win squad where some pick to rep the west in Finals

CP3 was the engine of that

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What are u yapping about how much does Jalen green have to score to even look like a star?

The man is in his second year and has dramatically improved his skillsets and is upping his stats, that's all u can wish for in a player coming into the league.

Setting this uber high bar of expectation that he isn't an instant star, u will get disappointed surprise, surprises

U are literally hating on him b/c of painted nails and his hair?

The potential of greatness is there, how about u wait and see b4 being so negative of a youngster. He's only 20 last i checked.

duluth111222 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  4. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Um... Jordan, Kobe, Hakeem, LeBron, Wade, GinĂ³bili, Gervin... on others called and said Whaaaaaaaat? ;)

Dobbizzle and Ancient Moabite like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There has been a real influx of absolute garbage posters lately.

6. RocketsDraftTV

all those guys you named are more skilled than jalen green and morant, plus wade fell off hard and was injured a lot too

7. RocketsDraftTV

the suns finished the season in 2020 on an 8 game winning streak, they were already on their way up and only missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker. Also they only won 51 games the next year not 60

8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  9. RocketsDraftTV

what evidence do you have or can show me to prove that

10. RocketsDraftTV

jalen green is shotjacking on the worst team in the league, he is not even playing like kevin love is his younger years on the twolves where you at least got a few all star appearances out of him before you cut bait. Ive seen nothing in jalen green that has shown me that he is a future star. Just another 3 point chucking high flyer

11. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can you say that when neither of them are a finished product. None of the players I named were as skilled when they came into the league as the were were in their prime.

Heck I can remember one of the knocks early on Hakeem was that he was all athletic ability and simply a dunk machine. Fast forward and most people remember him for his dominance on both ends of the floor.

I'm not saying Jalen will ever reach the level of some of the Hall of Famers I named (and I'm not even sure why I'm defending Morant... Memphis... eew), but he has potential and will only be limited by the work he puts in and what's between his ears.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Wow.. Yall really think yall can change dude's opinion? It is what it is!

13. Ancient Moabite

Harden tenure just ran its course, plus those who play n truly know ball would realize if a player is the entire team offense they would somewhat slack on defense to preserve energy and usually try to save it for crunch time minutes

I didn't expect nothing from Harden but to play his game and whatever came from it so be it, I Am not part of the ''y'all' group

He had more good games than bad but the fanatics n media put the playoffs under a microscope and nitpick it more because it is a hyped up version of the reg. season

And the Mavs/Nuggets base will turn on them once they can't play at high level or they go public n say their teams aren't good enough and demand a trade

Harden was a said superstar, so they get the lions share of both credit n blame, from the reg. season to the postseason, nothing more nor less

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You do realise this is a Rockets FAN page right? We know we suck, we're literally at the start of the rebuild and we're excited about potential. Why don't you go be a 76ers fan? You can support most of the old Harden Rockets and cream yourself over his numbers whilst he doesn't win a ring, just like before.

15. RocketsDraftTV

wade was amazing as a rookie, sent baron davis home in the first round and the following season i think made the ecf, kobe was 21 when he won his first ring, iverson made a huge impact early as a member of the sixers, and i could keep naming recently we've seen luka make an impact and he is not that much older than jalen green

great players or atg players do not take long before they start producing and WINNING, at least not being the worst team in the league in the play-in era no less

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

And yet, almost everybody and their grandmother would take Wade over Harden every single day of the week. One of them has rings you know.

17. Ancient Moabite

So did win the 51 games with the same bubble squad that won in the 30's?

So finishing the season on 8 game win streak in a bubble that nobody really wanted to be in is the cream of the crop to truly gauge a team for the season?

Or did CP3 play a major role in that nearly 20 game improvement?

Yay or Nay?

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nah. im harden ride or die, rings aint everything. Harden is a god at offense. People like to say he flops and whatnot, but man is a genius talent that u don't see often. Not discounting Wade, but i don't think u will see a player like harden in the next generation.

Im a bit bias for folks that played for Rockets.

Like i would draft Hakeem over any player in his era first on my team.

19. RocketsDraftTV

the rockets fanbase turned on harden in 2014 with that video trashing his defense. Not even a year since he had been a rocket they turned on him about his defense and keep in mind WE WERE WINNING GAMES. Couldnt even appreciate making the playoffs his first year as a rocket because the hate was overwhelming from lin fans and harden detractors. Luka is also terrible defender and does not get back on defense to whine about calls because i would argue he is not in game shape. But instead of mavs fans getting on him about his defense or being fat, they are scared shitless of him leaving. Because mavs fans are smart, nobody wants to be like the rockets right now. I used to enjoy christmas and having primetime games to look forward too, now we are lucky if we get a primetime game at all, and if we do its only to showcase our rookie vs another teams rookie going at it

20. RocketsDraftTV

every team doesnt win a title every year, but to be the worst team in the league every year like we have been is horrible, i dont even post on the rockets side anymore. Mostly since tilman became the owner. But im still not gonna sit here and act like we have any players on this roster outside of sengun who too me has brook lopez upside. Every other player on the current rockets advanced stats suck or are below replacement player outside of sengun and in small sample size bruno fernando