1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Shake_it_up

Shake_it_up Member

Major brick layer

If his effiency never comes around he's going to be a bust

Because that is where his entire value is at

Never going to be good on defense

Don't see much passing

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’ve seen Russell Westbrook be more efficient

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Man, do none of you dipshits hating on Green while he struggles right now not remember anything from last season? If he has been struggling for a month, fine. However, we have played LESS THAN 10 GAMES. Jeez, you guys are like cracked out goldfishes with your asinine knee jerk reactionss.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Green's next phase in development is being a average NBA player when his jump shot isn't falling.

jiggyfly and nolimitnp like this.
  5. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Green's +/- is - 11.3.

Worse than last season. Did he spend any time in the gym this off-season? I don't see anything to be excited about.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I want to know how many times is Jalen going to run/jump into the opposing defense at the rim and miss badly before he realizes that is not going to work. It's like he just keeps banging his head against the wall.

We get that you are fast and can beat anyone off the dribble, that doesn't mean you can just have a free layup over the big men, not how it works in the NBA. Even the best of the best have to use floaters, eurosteps, and passes once they beat the guy.

7. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

He jumps with no plan. He can jump out the gym but how many times have we seen him try to dunk on someone’s head? This is why I never understood the Kobe comp. he was like this for the ignite too. Even Brandon Ingram at 80 pounds his rookie year was trying to tear peoples head off. It has to be mindset at this point and I don’t know if that’s something that you can work on.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No 0-10 option?

WiltTheStilt13 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What Green tries to do MIGHT work if his hands were bigger. But they aren't and he loses grip of the ball easily.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If this is the Green revolution then I wanna be the cops at Kent State

11. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Kobe had pretty small hands too. Ja Morant has small hands. Jaylen Brown has small hands. I’m talking about contact plays. He rarely goes up with the intention of dunking on people or taking it up strong. He just goes up and clutches the ball and absorbs contacts and goes flying backwards. He going up scared.

LeDakota likes this.
  12. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Did you show the same reaction when everyone was bashing Sengun during preseason? I’m just curious.

13. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Kobe had a lot of tools, no comparison in between them in terms of skills. Jalen is a bit more athletic but that’s all. Will we be able to see a fadeaway from Jalen?

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

At this point its masochism for real! Must love being made an example of and clowned on its the only explanation for the Jalen slander. Its like the gift that keeps on giving! Now the Sengun Only Fans want to join in the fun? Its almost perfect. Thanks guys - you're lack of basketball IQ is what makes this place great! LOL

[​IMG]

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I express the same sentiments any time someone knee jerks about production over a small sample size

LeDakota likes this.
  16. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

You guys didn't learn **** after last year I see. Be patient.

Mathloom likes this.
  17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Didn't someone get ridiculed for calling him Corey Brewer 2.0?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Green should work on his drive and kick game…he can blow by his man with a straight line drive, but defenders can still challenge him at the rim

19. MystikArkitect

2nd year players shot not falling for a couple of games after shooting 50% from 2 and 3 first 4 games....

BUST. Should've taken Barnes and Mobley who are looking *amazing* and Cade who makes Nix look like a sniper from 3.

20. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Young players are inconsistent. The talent is there but being a consistent scorer in the NBA takes talent and time. He will become more consistent on the angles of attack and learn to vary the pace of his drives (has mostly one speed right now).

I'm not concerned about his shot falling as that will always be up and down. What I'm more concerned with is his ability to draw fouls. He was doing a better job of this in early games, seemed to seek and absorb contact more. Last night in particular there were a few plays where he seemed to go out of his way to avoid the contact.

Taking that mid-lane floater more would do wonders for his game too. Think he took one last night but didn't seem confident in it and missed.

Overall though, not worried and saw definite positives in his defense (couple of defensive possessions against George end game were nice) and actually thought he made better passes off the drive last night.