1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but let's get back to the topic. There was that much hate, which you claimed there wasn't.

Would you now like to change your mind to say there were such posts but there's nothing wrong with them? Cause you were just adamant that no such thing happened, as though it's a bad thing.

i3artow i3aller and Nelly like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And I am saying you are wrong, what now?

I don't know what you consider huge or a huge portion but if what you are saying is true it should number in the 50's considering the number of people who post in the garm regularly.

I also think you are one of those guys who think any critic of his game is ******** on him, which would explain a lot.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U calling me a jof also? How predictable.

If u choose to pretend that a good portion of the posters weren't shtting on green for the dumbest ass reasons or weren't too happy choosing green over mobley then u do u, stay ignorant.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What are you talking about?

I never said there were not a lot of post, just that there were not a lot of posters and even those posters were mostly trolling.

Are you really trying to get into semantics now?

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The fact you actually think a good portion of posters were ******** on Green says it all about you.

That's why you are a JOF.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure bud stay ignorant and pretend that only a select few wanted Mobley over green and weren't saying the dumbest sht to vent their frustration, actively rooting for Green to suck or just straight up calling him a bust

7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

No I'm trying to stick to the subject you're bringing up.

So there were 6+ alleged Rockets fans routinely trolling and ******** on the #2 pick Green. They were doing it so much it reached over half the posts in the thread. You feel like that's just routine and that even though you were trying to say it didn't happen, now you're saying it's not important?

They were not trolling. They were losing it often during wins, unleashing homophobic, racist, contrarian and often imaginary narratives. That's the max, you can call it trolling or hatred, but that's the max hate someone shows to a player on a message board.

If what you're saying here is it's normal and routine for them to "incidentally" act that way because they were so incredibly wrong, that's fine. Just want to make sure that's what you believe.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Really WTF are talking about?

What does Mobley have to do with any of this?

Just because you wanted Mobley over Green does not mean you don't like Green or are hating on him.

This is exactly what I am talking about, somehow liking Mobley over Green means you **** on Green.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

They did not reach over half of the thread, you are making **** up.

Anybody with any sense knows they were trolling, and that's exactly what trolls do to get a rise out of people.

I have stated plainly what I believe, people are overreacting to trolls saying stupid **** about Green and some people reacting negatively to anybody saying anything negative about Green.

That's what I believe.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U r such a weirdo

Its like u just log on today and r surprised why folks r being so pro-green.

I don't know y u r pretending like the past few months of folks attacking green on multiple topics rather its from masculinity, his work ethics, his abilities to other stuff never happened. And if it did, only a few Trolls did is quite impressive.

Selective reading at its finest.

11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

lol You are proving what I'm saying. You literally just have to go check. There is a post where someone actually calculated it mathematically. That's why we know and you are talking out of your ass. You literally don't know the number and we know the exact number, and instead of admitting you don't know you thought you'd get away with saying it's bullshit. GO CHECK THE THREAD.

Whatever you want to call what they were doing, it is the worst possible attitude a fan can have towards its own player, no one does a worse thing to a rookie lottery pick on their team. No one does anything more hateful in that scenario. It is unquestionably hatred even if it's trolling at the same time.

We are fiercely loyal to this franchise and Jalen Green comes before all the other lottery picks. Yes, he gets the benefit of the doubt over the other rookies. Guess what? We got rewarded ten fold with that loyalty.

You're the guy who would be rooting for Michael Jordan while Hakeem wins back to back titles, and bemusing how there's nothing wrong with it. I know it. Nothing wrong with you liking Mobley more than Green except that it's questionable Rockets fandom when their ceilings are similar and their seasons are similar even according to Cavs fans. Nothing wrong with it.

cbass, i3artow i3aller and Nelly like this.
  12. The geth & the reaper

That’s all it took to derail every game thread with hot takes and constant bashing, most weren’t even valid criticism.

It’s natural reaction to be loud and in someone’s face when the other person was constantly talking **** and acting like they were correct is proven wrong.

jiggyfly and i3artow i3aller like this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

That's one of the things that sold me on him.

Also, with youtube and documentaries we get unprecedented access to these guys as fans that years ago we never had.
    I said it before we picked him, but I think people should go back and watch some of those documentaries with him if they are fans and haven't seen them. You can tell he is a basketball junkie. You could also tell he was charismatic, unselfish and confident but not arrogant.

When I saw Mobley I didn't feel that he personally had that extra 'thing' that could make him an alpha lead dog on a championship team. IMO, Cade and Green have it.

14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

the next chapter is when jalen starts taking deeper 3s. the further the defense is pushed out the more dangerous his speed becomes.

almost makes you salivate over the thought.

Boii likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

TriumVirate and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Chapter 3

The greatest of all time Jalen green

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The two first connected before Green entered the NBA. Irving gave Green his phone number and told him to keep in touch and reach out for advice when needed.

Glad he didn't call Kyrie

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

As crazy as Kyrie is I think as a training mentor he probably could do wonders for Jalen's game. Ask him what ball handling drills he does. Just don't talk to him about the shape of the earth and the efficacy of vaccines.

red5rocket, Nelly and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Have you come around to liking JG, Roc,
    or not so much still?

20. conquistador#11

heypartner likes this.