1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Good Lord, you're a hypocrite. For one, per 36 is worthless, and you know it.

Second, when people started referencing Edwards's post-AS break rookie season, you argued that Green could not achieve that because his efficiency would go down as his shooting goes up (which is funny given it looks like the opposite is true). Now you're citing Per 36 in your defense of LaVine?

Hilarious. Pick a lane, or just admit that your were reactionary. Your stubbornness is why people are mocking you.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

At the risk of turning this into a Mobley comparison, which would be quite unfair and not the direction I want to go, you have got to be either blind or delusional to think he’s been playing “quite poorly” recently. Take the same 12 game stretch that I was just congratulating Jalen on, Mobley’s last 12 games have been better than what Jalen could dream to be (when factoring defense and impact on winning), and that’s a dip from his season averages.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Per 36 is only worthless for players who play like 12 minutes a game and you are trying to extrapolate them as starters. Zach Lavine played 6 minutes less per game than Green, so when you say he scored X points as a rookie when Jalen is already at X, it is disingenuous to not factor in minutes.

You must be confusing me with someone else, I never argued that Jalen couldn’t achieve Edwards numbers because his efficiency would go down with more shots. I said he has no chance of Edwards numbers, cuz he’s not as good period. Which is looking right on point.

4. Houston77

Supporting Member

Mobley is overrated. He will never be a superstar. His ceiling is Ben Simmons.

(see how absurd it is when someone else posts like you?)

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

That’s absurd because it is incredibly inaccurate description of Mobley, meanwhile I’ve been incredibly accurate evaluating Green from the start. Roughly 100x more accurate than the idiots who thought he was Kobe/mj like yourself.

ipaman likes this.
  6. Houston77

Supporting Member

Your analysis of Green has been awful, which is why everyone makes fun of you. They are laughing at you, not with you.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Ah yes. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win - Gandhi

That’s the trouble with having an outlier opinion and being right about it. I would argue we are actually on the “then they fight you” phase already, it hasn’t been funny for quite awhile for the Green contingent seeing how poorly he has played all season up until recently.

8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Disagree….Mobley’s ceiling is Tim Duncan. Jalen “the Chauffeur” Green has been driving and delivering very nicely recently.

9. Houston77

Supporting Member

The fact that you quote Gandhi in this context is exactly why no one likes you.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Imagine people not liking me on a message board. How will I look myself in the mirror today?

11. Houston77

Supporting Member

Just compare yourself to Jesus and you’ll be fine.

12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

You would be blind to say green is having a better year than Mobely. But their are several factors to consider here.
    Mobely plays on a better team. If he played on the rockets, he would not be having the same year.
    He gets alot of passive buckets bc if his position
    I think he is closer to his potential ceiling than green is.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Mobley plays no small part in making that team better, Garland has improved but otherwise that is mostly the same roster that got the #3 pick last year.

I guess technically it is true that Mobley is closer to his ceiling, he is an impact player already today and that is rare for rookies. Green is also an impact player in a sense, he has been one of the most negative impact players in the entire league, and I do believe that his ceiling is a positive contributing player. The gap between Jalen’s ceiling and where he’s at currently is so wide and requires such improvement that if Mobley’s ceiling had a similar divide we would be looking at the greatest player of all time (which I don’t believe is anywhere close to the case), so you are correct.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

Imagine the guy thinking Marcus Morris would be a superstar quoting Gandhi on that. You can't make this **** up.

First they laughed at you, then they laughed at you and even today, everyone laughs at you.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Hey, at least I’m the Marcus Morris guy. Who the hell are you, rando internet guy Rockets4life13?

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

17. xaos

xaos Member

It was a good year to tank

18. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

"Incredibly accurate huh" LMAO go get a job at ESPN!

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Since people are talking about Edwards post allstar game performance. Here are there shooting numbers from january to march. Obviously Green has only played in two games in march. But they look earily similar. With Green having the edge in shooting percentages. Edwards percentages go up in april and may though (TS: .554, .654).

January:

Edwards: FG: .358 3pt .329 FT.800 TS .460 Pts 13.3
    Green: FG: .328 3pt .237 FT.850 TS .458 Pts 13.1

February:

Edwards: FG: .372 3pt .294 FT.773 TS .465 Pts 16.1
    Green: FG: .443 3pt .386 FT.733 TS .572 Pts 16.5

March:

Edwards: FG: .423 3pt .301 FT.738 TS .519 Pts 24.2
    Green: FG: .541 3pt .333 FT.667 TS .613 Pts 23.5

20. Rockets4Life13

Weird flex. Weird comeback.

I'd say I would've expected more but I really didn't.