1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It would be nice if he filled out like how Curry has

Denovo, mac_got_this and Believe It! like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He needs to go eat with Nix and TyTy more. :D

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jalens footwork is impeccable!

D-rock and Believe It! like this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

ngl, even though I hated watching Rockets these tanking years but whenever the off-season starts I get so much withdrawals from no Rockets games... :(

5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Foot work stood out in his summer league. At that time I'd only really seen 3's and dunks in most of his online stuff. Crafty for sure with his seperation. How can you be quick twitch explosive and smooth at the ssme time. Makes it look easy.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Watching JG high school highlights is always crazy. There’s 5 star guys and then there’s just yeah this dude is on a whole nother level type guys.

I also love watching good dunks. Feel like we have less of them now than in the 90s.

hope we get lots more JG highlight reel dunks in chapter 2 along with other improvements.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Most noticeable change is he reworked his 3pt shot to be a one motion shot, which most good shooters use. In the mixtape, all his long range jump shots are clearly two motion, with a lot of elevation.

D-rock likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What is the difference? Does that mean you are starting the motion as you are jumping or no?

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

2motion is kind of a "lock and load"(how I describe it) form. Bring the ball up while you jump and when you're at your apex you release.
    1motion is almost a push like when you were a kid trying to shoot a basketball.

The best examples I can give are: 2motion shot = Ray Allen. 1 motion shot = Steph Curry.

2motion(start at :50secs)

1motion

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

When Jalen goes up to YAM he's trying to emasculate defenders! :eek::eek::eek:

Believe It! and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At 19 he already lead all NBA guards in dunks. Dude is going to catch some bodies next season. Can't wait.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yeah man Im pumped! We may not make the playoffs or win a ton of games this year, but it will be an exciting brand of basketball thats for sure!

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

One motion is when the shot is released right at or just before the apex of the jump, whereas two motion is when the shot is release during the apex, often with a brief but noticeable pause (like a catapult).

Majority of good shooters, with some notable exceptions, are one motion shooters. It minimizes arm movements and allows the leg to do most of the work.

Two motion shooters are more common with highly athletic players - Carter, McGrady, Kobe, Lebron. However, you also have elite shooters like Ray Allen that have two motion shots.

However, it's common for players to have both one motion and two motion shots, which is the case for Green. One motion is used when they shoot 3s, and two motion for mid-range, Kyrie Irving is probably a picture perfect example of this, his release point is form is noticeably different between 3s and mid-range.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've always thought that one motion shot gives you faster release and therefore requires less separation from the defenders. Two motion shot gives you better stability and therefore better consistency.

But what do I know? :)

D-rock and red5rocket like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. i3artow i3aller

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Jalen Green is single. He’s up posting grindin / motivating messages. Let’s go!

Believe It! and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jalen Green is undeniably THE Rockets franchise player and building block.

Verbal Christ and Believe It! like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He dumped his gf?