1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ant doing what he did in the play-in game is exactly what I expect Jalen Green to be doing for us every single night. In the Playoffs, you need guys that can reliably get buckets.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. i3artow i3aller

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You don't seem to know what contrarian means.

It's not contrarian to have real questions about a player I had never seen play before or had never been up against this level of competition.

And once again, how were any of those questions out of bounds?

Is it contrarian to have any questions about Green and his abilities?

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why are you posting random post about Suggs vs Green?

What's your point?

Do you know that more than 3 people made those post?

They all seem to come from the same person, and they were not troll posts.

It's amazing how many people are looking for any and every way to create a myth that a lot of people were hating on Green.

Nobody has yet to prove me wrong, why are you, so hell-bent on proving this myth?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. csc177

csc177 Member

Can’t believe this kid is only 20! Averaged 19ppg as a rookie and is making his mark in the league (I sense a breakout playoff performance coming also). Definitely has the star attitude. Hope Jalen is watching

8. csc177

csc177 Member

Lol. The jury is still out if he’s a winning player or not. But damn Bill is a hater. Someone from the rockets smash his wife or something?

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. MystikArkitect

Jalen really is Harden's successor huh

BigMaloe and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Herb Jones is a media plant

having him on 1st Team over Jalen Green is stupidity of the highest order

I’m sure these agenda driven media morons will say Herb has a higher BPM, EKG, OOK, ATM, BURP/36 and whatever new age advanced stat they pull out their ass to try and justify the nonsense

this is ridiculous

Herb Jones on 1st Team over Jalen…

[​IMG]

vator, BigM, i3artow i3aller and 3 others like this.
  11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I really don't understand the mentality of 50 year old people that publicly speak about 20 year old kids like this.

It's not like he's out there advocating crack cocaine.

It's just embarrassing.

12. xaos

xaos Member

I hope Green doesn't try to fix "everything" this offseason. Focus on strength training. Focus on your jumper. Watch a lot of film, particularly help defense, making that "third" read to open players outside of the pick and roll, and handling double teams.

He can work on his handle, his change of direction going to the rim (ex euro step), etc next offseason. Trying to do everything in one off season usually isn't the best idea

13. xaos

xaos Member

Is Bill Simmons even relevant anymore?

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If he were shy and unattractive I bet it would be a little different. Even the guys on here that we’re incessantly b****ing about his bad play would have eased up a bit if the above were the case. People are sometimes jealous. If the end of the season is any indication things will change and Green will blow up.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

KOC really said this too and he left Jalen off his rookie first team

BigMaloe and xaos like this.
  16. xaos

xaos Member

People just saying random **** now

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Listening to it in context, it was said jokingly. It wasn't like "**** Jalen Green personally" it was more like "**** the idea that Jalen Green should be first-team." He also said that he's very pro-Jalen Green but just doesn't have him on the all-rookie first team, mainly because of how strong this rookie class was - he called it iconic. He agreed that Green was awesome and is comparable in trajectory to Edwards.

I think Rockets fans are just going to have to accept that Green won't be on the all-rookie first team, and that if a voter votes in that way it doesn't necessarily make them a "hater." Outside of Rockets internet circle-jerk groups, it's most people have him on the all-rookie second team. And that's ok.

18. conquistador#11

It's as ridiculous as the bust takes coming from 'rockets fans' that didn't like Green from the get go. These 'analysts' are the same way. They were on the 'bust' train and now they will die on their hamburger hill defending their awful take. Too stubborn to allow themselves to see the clear picture: Jalen is damn good at basketball.

Kobe and Ray Allen were left out of the 1st rookie team.

QuaDouble, i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The ringer really going for that clickbait espn style bullshit.

I don't understand why "analysts" want to be a Steven a. Smith type of reporter.

Bill Simmons is a dunce

mikol13 and Verbal Christ like this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I saw Rockets fan Twitter going nuts over this and listened to it in context and it’s obvious our fans need to get a grip.

A. The three of them then went on to basically say Jalen is a legit future star on par talent wise with Ant Edwards. A guy who they just compared to Lebron

B. Bill Simmons isn’t a media guy like Woj or Stein or whatever. He’s a BS‘er and his thing is to just let it rip with ridiculous hot takes. Should he have a media vote though… probably not imo given how he’s basically a Celtics super fan and hates everything Lakers. But I guess everyone in the media grew up a fan of some team so it’s not the end of the world.

Chill out Rockets Twitter.

jordnnnn likes this.