1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chant suggestions for Games 3 and 4 (but, keeping it classy)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by garthomps, May 7, 2009.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

FACK-YOU KO-BE, FAck-YOU KO-BE
    or
    p***y KOBE

2. Fijiman

Fijiman Member

The more I think about it, the more this just makes sense. This will let every person on our team know that we see the sacrifices they make to get the wins. Our team is not just one or two superstars, its a group of hard working guys who stand up for each other...

But what about the other side of the coin? Chants will probably just motivate Kobe, so the real guys we need to go after are his team mates. Right now its Rockets vs Lakers. What we need to do is turn this into is Rockets vs Kobe plus a bunch of other guys on the floor. We need to drive as big a wedge as we can between Kobe and the rest of his team. So how about this:

"You can't guard us" - whenever the Rockets are on offense. Let's get Shane's back and throw all that taunting that Kobe did in the last game back at him. This also lets the rest of the Lakers know that we're only thinking about Kobe. They can go pick their noses for all we care because they're just a bunch of scrubs.

"You're not Kobe" - whenever any Laker except Kobe goes to the line. Because if you're a Laker, but you're not Kobe, then you're nothing...

"Laker Princess" or "You're no leader" - when Kobe goes to the line. Sorry, can't think of a better one at the moment...

3. kwng

kwng Member

Now I am not sure chanting is good because if the chants may give Kobe more motivation and challenges as he is known to be playing harder and better when booed or derided. We definitely don't want that to happen.

4. garthomps

garthomps Member

Brilliant!

5. Kam

Kam Member

I like the you're not MJ or you're no MJ chants, cause Kobe desperately wants to be michael.

6. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

I don't think the fans should BOO or give extra attention to Kobe. That's exactly the kind of stuff that fires him up and turns him into the Black Mamba. The best attitude towards Kobe is indifference, ala Shane Battier. That gets him into the overcompensation/"do it all" mode because all he's doing is looking for a reaction.

Although chanting "S-T-D" instead of "M-V-P" when he shoots free throws would be good.

7. krosfyah

krosfyah Member

I'm not sure if you live in Houston and caught any talk radio today. There is not a chance in HELL that Kobe won't be boo'ed to no end tomorrow.

...or we can channel that.

8. garthomps

garthomps Member

Great news, and a good point. Hell, he started the red rowdies -- so, lets make him proud! That said, if we come up with something good, he will certainly voice it on national tv. More motivation to get it right.

9. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

LA S-U-C-K-S!

10. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

Dirty! dirty! dirty
    any time LA touches the ball

11. garthomps

garthomps Member

not sure how much i like this one.
    Yes, sounds cool and would be great. BUT, we are then cheering at/towards our own players, "MVP" as they head to the free throw line. Perhaps it simply depends on their cajones. Some can handle while others may not.

12. tonyrox

tonyrox Member

The chant starts when they go to the line and ends when they are about to shoot.

13. AnHui-China

AnHui-China Member

BEAT L.A!!!!!!!
    YAO ,COME ON

14. eckostylez

eckostylez Member

Try to get everyone to chant We Will Rock You

Rockets players love the fans loudness, especially in unity

15. garthomps

garthomps Member

yep, could be effective

16. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

You's-A-phony-Pass-The-Ball

17. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Your-Not-M-J

18. roxwin

roxwin Member

eat their head (claps,claps) eat their head

19. horns fan

horns fan Member

you totally said it better than me about why "MVP" for all our guys at the line makes sense.

as to other side of the coin. i like "no means no" chanted in the same cadence as M-V-P. that makes it easy for the crowd to pick up, works well with the orange jump suits, is not too crass, and at the same time hopefully reminds everyone in the arena something all our sons and daughters should have drilled into them over and over. think of it as a public service message that conveniently reminds fans that Kobe isn't as squeaky clean (on or off the court) as the nba and the media make him out to be.

wish i could be there, but whatever you guys decide; give 'em hell and make them respect some toyota center!!!

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

You know he may only get to the line maybe twice a game

but

I say we start changing M-V-P when Shane is shooting free throws