1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler's shot is Improving

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket_4_Life, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

"Irwin Hudson, OHoops ‏@OHoopsCoach - Just finished putting @chandlerparsons through a serious shooting workout. Got admit - He's a beast. Actually beat me in a 3 point shootout!"

Very good news. If he can be the new Steve Novak for Jeremy, who can also drive the lane, make the dish, or slam it home - I'd say we have something to look forward to.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

his release is still pretty slow and he doesn't seem to get good rotation on the ball so I'm skeptical that he will ever evolve into a good nba shooter.

3. cbk41

cbk41 Member

A really consistent shot will really help Chandler elevate his game to the next level.

A little off-topic here, but has anyone coined the phrase Morey Only Fan? :grin: MOF

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

No, but I doubt anyone has ever joined this site just to cheer on Morey. Yao, T-Mac, Linsanity, and players from foreign countries (V-Span, D-Mo, Asik, etc.) have gotten the most -Only Fans, but I don't think anyone in the front office have.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who the hell is Irwin Hudson? Is he even a passable shooter?

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

he's a 12% career free throw shooter, and worse from the 3pt line.

But great news to hear that Chandler's shot is improving....

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Perhaps these are the things they were working on? He doesn't have to be Ray Allen. He just needs to keep opponents honest to help with spacing. I think he has potential.

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

i read this as.. Chandler finally found someone he can shoot better than, or Chandler had a lucky day.

Not.. His shot as improved

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this will go a long way in making him a great 2 way player. i'm a big fan of this kid's work ethic.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What a scrub!

I've never heard of Irwin Hudson. I've heard of Tim Legler. Why can't Parsons train with Tim Legler?

I've heard of Hakeem Olajuwon, too.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

MOF is already in use. It is the acronym for Morey Only Fool.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Chandler's three point shooting was pretty good last season for a rookie. Not many rookies can come in and shoot 33% from behind the arc. I'm not saying he'll ever be a sharpshooter... silly to think he could ever be like Novak. But I wouldn't be surprised if he evolved into a solid 35%, 36% type guy.

13. AFS

AFS Member

From January to the end of the season, he shot 36% from three. That's 45 games with 135 3-pt shot attempts in his rookie season. Those aren't bad sample sizes and despite his poor shooting in college, there is reason to be optimistic in his growth this offseason.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Actually, Chandler's shot was showing improvement towards the end of the season.
    The moment i found out Chandler had signed up to play overseas right out of college instead of take a break, i knew we had a professional. He is continuing to show that today.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, chandler was already showing significant improvement later in the season....i dnt doubt he's better now, but like CH asked, who is this guy? Let me know when he beats Steve Nash.

16. jocar

jocar Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2wrrcnxFw10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fWiO62uV7qE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

This is why letting Camby go was a huge mistake, Parsons could really learn a thing or two from the sharpshooting Camby.

19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

His prayers have been answered.

[​IMG]

20. zzpot

zzpot Member

not sure how to do it..(Post a tweet.. thingy) so I will just post the link to Parsons twitter link..

There is a Pic of Parsons at this work out and dude is RIPPED!!... All the gays on this BBS will!!!

I know Parsons and Ppat had some work outs this summer.. Ppat was trying to date a supermodel and took her around with him.. Parsons was like .. not me... hey baby.

Parsons looks way to ripped in the pic... Doping?? I remember Jim Peterson in his rookie year and after he was a gym rat the next year... Parsons looks like "Bruce Lee"...
    NO joke.

zzpot.