1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons star potential!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texansalltheway, Mar 11, 2012.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

MVP last 3 games.

2. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Another efficient game. Parsons is a beast! 6 straight 20+ point games. Fav player

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

He'll get a max contract. I honestly think so.

4. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

parsons working on his contract now

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey better start figuring out who among our core four is expendable, or start planning cap room to keep them here

6. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Harden trying to lure a 2nd superstar here, doesn't realize that there already is one. If Parsons keeps this up, depending on how far we go in the playoffs and how well he plays during that period, he could be in line for a HUGE contract.

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Comments like these scare me, but I know what you are saying is true. When contract negotiations come up we all know he is going to get Low balled just like every 2nd round pick or any non lotto pick for that matter. If he feels like he'll have to over pay too much he'll trade him away. I think a slasher like parsons is a keeper and essential to this team. All that BS with keeping battier at that contract for so long , Parsons deserves something.

8. art

art Member

vanilla batum without the long arms and defense

9. mhch720

mhch720 Member

Parsons is averaging almost 25 ppg the past 6 games.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not a chance he gets the max. That's ridiculous. He'll get a damn good one though.

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

given Morey's track record he'll get 8 at most. He deserves about 10.

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I posted this in the dish, but I'll just leave it here too.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

great post btw, never knew the disparity :eek::eek:

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I agree .... Morey will have some tough decisions with these guy's in the coming seasons.

I think Parsons , Harden and to some degree Asik are the three pieces currently on the roster he has to keep. Lin , who I like .... is replacable with a better shooter / defender .... they have some time to see what shakes out at the PF spot with Motiejunas , T.Jones and Robinson.

There is only one player (Lebron) who has a more complete game at the SF spot in the NBA and only two who I think are clearly better players - Lebron and Durant.
    He might not be known by the media ... but the numbers dont lie , just take a look at dharocks post above. Dude produces.

I really hope Morey finds a way to lock up Arson Parsons for another 5 years beyond his current deal.

15. texansalltheway

The problem with the coaching as of right now is that when Chandler Parsons is tearing it up throughout the game, they decide to not run any plays/screens for him in crunch time. The next step for Parsons is creating big plays down the stretch to lessen the burden that is bestowed upon Harden

16. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I wonder if it would be to the Rockets advantage to redo his deal now and sign him for a longer cheaper contract then to have to really pay him a very large contract two years down the road.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea you are absolutely right, but what comes before that is proving this kind of play which he has finally done. Now that the coaches are aware of his ability I think they will run a lot of Harde-esque plays for him when Harden is off.

18. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Excellent question

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope we figure out a way to keep him. It's going to be very difficult, though. But he's great.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The answer is no. Ever heard of Carlos Boozer? When Parson's deal is up, Lin will be up also. I can see us letting Lin go because Morey can find a decent PG in his sleep, and using that money to pay Chandler. The thing that scares me is that Chandler is unrestricted when he becomes a free agent.