1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with what he said. He's confident in ability to play basketball, and he thinks he can be a star. You can tell that he wanted to stay in Houston, and is disappointed that Morey doesn't see him as an elite player.

He's now going to have a chance to take his game to the next level, we'll see if he can pull it off.

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Those are pretty arrogant statements for a guy who has done what he has done.

3. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

He just shat all over the Rockets. lol

4. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

How stupid does he have to be to think the Mavs would have signed him at $15M if Melo or Bosh wanted to play in Dallas? He was their ONLY option because they had NO OTHER options.

5. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

Hate to say it but I think he maybe right, I really feel like parsons could have been are 3rd peace. We are not gonna get any big free agents , at best we we'll get another parsons caliber player.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He aint recruiting anyone with that salary eating up all the cap space.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think Parsons will end up becoming a very very good player. I hope this isn't a Steve Nash leaving the Mavericks type mistake by Morey.

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

The more he talks the less likeable he becomes.

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Lol Parsons is not a star...

10. pli777

pli777 Member

I might get flamed but from the players' circle, there's been quite a couple of reports on how players think the organisatioin has offended/disrespected them.

There's a reason FA aren't coming to Houston, and this, however small of a portion could be part of the reason.

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

The Rockets are the reason he's getting overpaid this year, and one of the main reasons he's even in the NBA. You don't have to be happy about the situation but coming out and talking **** about how you're a future superstar like this is ridiculous. Just keep your mouth shut.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

He could have taken his $15mill, thanked Houston and said nothing at all. Instead he continued his douche streak and opened his mouth.

The very first words he should have said was, Thanks Daryl for giving me my payday one year earlier.

13. vernonmaxwell11

goodness, this guy is a total douche-bag. seriously how big of an ego could he have? just keep your mouth shut and play ball.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It's like the guy hit the B or O button on a post game interview in 2k. Freaking delusional

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Same thing Lin said when the Knicks didn't match the Rockets offer 2 years ago.

LOL but but but I thought all the players had a lot of respect for McFail!

16. vernonmaxwell11

he's not an elite player!!!

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Ok I miss Parsons the player, but after reading that article I do not miss him at all. Good luck in Dallas.

18. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Used to really like his brash attitude when he was a pimply faced rookie. But when he glammed up and started seeking every publicity opportunity, it really change my opinion of him. He seemed more interested in looking like a star than just performing.

The $15M per seems like it may become fair market value. But under the salary cap, you want a max contract to be producing far more than fair market value. I'm not happy about bringing back Ariza, but I'd rather take that than giving a max deal to Parsons.

19. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I understand Morey is a business man and respect nobody unless it is a super star. But Parsons has been very very cocky since last year. He want to be respected as a super star and in reality he is not.

20. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Mark Price.