1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

true.

So i guess ball hog Monta Ellis is offended now? Or is Parsons better than Dirk, and the new Dallas #1? :)

Erick Dampier thought he was better than Shaq

2. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I'm offended the people of sports nation on espn say that Parsons shouldn't feel bad because Dallas is a better spot anyway!!!! I really hate how espn views this city

3. Remii

Remii Member

No it's not the same thing because Howard is considered the most dominant big man in the game and Asik can't catch.

Bosh doesn't look like a star in Miami. His numbers aren't better than Parsons. And that's probably why Parsons was offended and I can understand that. LeBron looked at Wade and Bosh and said _ "See ya." If Bosh was so "elite" LeBron might still be in Miami. He said if I have to carry a team I'll go back to Cleveland. Lol...

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

You know what's offensive?

The fact that the Rockets told him they would match whatever he gets, so he goes out and signs a contract that's obviously meant to screw the Rockets over if they match...

1 person likes this.
  5. houactuar

houactuar Member

I don't care what other people think. Houston rox.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Lived 8 years in DFW and 15 in Houston. I have to say, Dallas is better for good looking blonde/brunette chicks. Houston is better for Latinas, Blacks, and Asian chicks, but still has its fair share of hot white girls.

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

Well then he has basic understanding issues because the Rockets chasing after Bosh had nothing to do with Parsons...they had to wait to see if they could sign Bosh first before bringing Chandler back(salary cap wise).

I wonder if he conveniently forgot that he was plan C for Dallas.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I've thought this for a while so no knee jerk but Parsons doesn't come off as particularly intelligent. Maybe the guy is telling the truth and he really is too stupid to realize no one except Dumbass Cuban would sign him to a deal with that player option and trade kicker.

9. houactuar

houactuar Member

I pondered this some. When I watched and rewatched that play many times. Is that the coaches fault or is it parsons fault.

I guess I have the benefit of hind sight, but where lillard is standing you can see the play is designed to go that way. And it seems like parsons is overly defending him on the wrong side. He was slow to react and slow getting to the spot. I'm not sure if you coach that or some players have better defensive instincts or what. Bottom line is parsons, and the rockets, with two real stars, Howard and Hardin, did not get it done. Daryl was right to go after another true star. Parsons could not help harden and Howard get out of first round. Parsons did not step up for spurs like Kawhi did. And I didn't expect him to, he's a second round pick. Ariza will be better than parsons. Parsons has delusions of grandeur. He was a nice role player on a cheap contract. He wasn't a core player to build a championship around.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well his is from Florida

11. Remii

Remii Member

Morey said yesterday, "you find players like Parsons but you don't give them max contracts."

Taking that statement at face value... He wasn't going to match that contract even if they got Bosh. I don't think Morey knew Parsons market value. If he did, he probably wouldn't have let him out that contract.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He sounded like an average intelligent guy and that might be the influence of Morey.

Enter Cuban and his douchey friend. Parsons' IQ drops significantly

13. houactuar

houactuar Member

He was a true dumbass. You think he read the contract? He signed it in a club at night while drinking with Cuban. Does that sound smart? Possibly one of the more important documents you sign in your life, and you don't take it home and read it and study it? You sign it after midnight in a night club? Not too professional if you ask me.

Best case scenario, maybe he read it ahead of time, and then they videotape him signing it in a club at night. Still poor judgement. And I think he said something stupid like, "do I have to sign every page?" So chances are he never even looked at it. Was just doing what Cuban told him to do and what his agent told him to do. Not too smart. He will probably be broke two years after he retires.

But that's ok, he's the best recruiter in the nba. Maybe the rockets can hire him when he retires..... Not.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Morey definitely would've matched Parsons had we signed Bosh.

Also, based on comparable signings (Ariza, Deng, Vince Carter, Pierce, Sefalosha), it's pretty clear that the Mavericks significantly overpaid for Parsons.

15. houactuar

houactuar Member

I think he would have matched under that scenario, but we can never know for sure. If bosh signs and he matches parsons, I think Morey feels he has the best team in the league. He doesn't need to make any more moves. He's set for the next two plus years with a true title contender.

But when bosh doesn't sign, then if he locks up parsons by matching he has the same team that just lost to Portland in the first round. That isn't the best team and isn't a title contender. Maybe they get a little better next year and win one round, but that isn't his goal. Les doesn't want to overpay parsons 45m for a playoff birth. He can get that with harden and Howard. If he doesn't have a title contender, and has no more flexibility with poison pill contract, then he can't match parsons. That's what was said and no real reason not to believe it. But I guess you never know until people actually sign the contract.

16. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Repeat after me: Parsons' contract was irrelevant to Houston's plan. They'd either match any offer he got after unloading Lin+Asik and getting a big free agent, or they'd let him walk if they failed to lure someone.

The Rockets would have maxed out their cap space BEFORE resigning Parsons. His entire contract (apart from his 900k previous cap hold) would be over the cap. At that point, as long as Les is prepared to pay, it makes almost no difference if his contract is 1 dollar over the max or 100 million from a management standpoint.

This has been repeated endlessly over the past couple of weeks and it really wasn't that hard to figure out for anyone who's in touch with the subject. Please stop clogging the discussion with uninformed statements.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We actually can be sure. He has flat out said he would have matched with Bosh on the team.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bosh took a back sea Remii to play alongside LBJ and Wade. Dude still can put up 20-10 if need be bro and you know this LOL. Parsons is nowhere close to Bosh period.

19. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I love houston too!!! Great city and I couldn't see myself living anywhere else. I am just sick and tired of the national media and their view of this great city

20. Remii

Remii Member

Maybe. But he wouldn't be putting up 20-10 over here. And I didn't say anything about who was better I said better numbers. And it's possible Parsons was looking at that.

And obviously LeBron disagrees with you about Bosh...