1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Fair enough, Rushmore.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Ariza exhibited some of those same intangibles with the Wizards. A member on here already posted a nice graph that proves that Remii. Ariza also shot the 3 ball better, and in this offense if Ariza could match his 40% average, it will be welcome big time in this offense.

Perimeter defense is what we are lacking the most and Ariza who is one of the best PD in the NBA will help out in that area tremendously. Parsons and mainly Harden got torched dam near every game on the perimeter.

Can we not wait to see if the offense will be good with Ariza in before judging the difference between the two Remii. Give it a chance 1st before you knock it sir.

3. TheJet

TheJet Member

I think that is key here. You have a negative bias towards the guy (as did I when he was here) and it's carrying over to this deal. I wasn't thrilled at the signing but as I let it sink in and remove emotion from the equation it's not all that bad. And yes, time will tell. No sense getting upset before one game is played.

4. TheJet

TheJet Member

I don't like to step into good arguments, but that *&% made me laugh. Well played.

5. TheresTheDagger

Anybody catch Mike and Mike this morning? Golic pretty much bashed Parsons for his statements. I am now a HUGE fan of Golic.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

The Rockets were 2.8 ppg better with Parsons on the court.

The Wizards were 7.8 ppg better with Ariza on the court.

It's not like Ariza as 3rd or 4th option drags a team down.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

RedRedemption well said and thank you.

Exactly my point

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dallas was going to be hit or miss regardless. Had they not gotten Parsons, they probably would have either signed Deng or signed back Marion making them around the same or only slightly worse.

Also dont forget these points-

-how huge Vince was for them off the bench
    -how Tyson Chandler has only really had one elite + healthy season in his career
    -How well Marion meshed with that starting lineup because he was their 1 and only elite wing defender
    -Losing Calderon and replaced with Ray Felton...
    -Blair was a key big for them coming off the bench. Without him, there are several games they dont win in the playoffs
    -Dirk is a year older
    -etc.

Chandler was a huge signing for them, but they lost alot in the process that people aren't factoring in nearly enough. They could have a great year & be a 55 win team, or they could have a not-so-good season

-You KNOW the Rockets are still going to be good (given good health to their two stars knock on wood), and what they lost on offense they makeup on defense.

Houston and their fans can't worry about Dallas. Dallas is either going to have a great season or they aren't going to have one. There really isn't anything the Rockets can do about it other than bring it when they play them, and worry about their own season.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree with this. I think he has definitely improved from his last go around and plus we aren't asking him to be our top dog. I guess we won't find out until this season gets started.

I am with you though on losing Parsons when there was no reason to take a risk and let him out of his contract. Absolutely ridiculous.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It was a major gaffe indeed.

I like Ariza's game next to two superstars. We've seen that type of role from Ariza before and he was very good at it.

11. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Remember Erick Dampier thought he was the best center in the league after signing a deal with the Mavericks

1 person likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Game. Blouses.

14. conquistador#11

I think Ariza was such a great pull, especially if we're going to go more with the inside/outside game . infact..We have to go to the inside outside because there is only one man who can drive, no more parsons and lin who was one of the best finishers.

If we don't do more inside/outside it's going to be so much easier to double team beard. Howard on the low block. White Hakeem at the high post. Jones one man fast break. Body is ready for those three to elevate their games.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Since we are making insane arguments, here we go.

Ariza- one ring
    Parsons- zero rings

16. houactuar

houactuar Member

We lost an average player and replaced him with an average player. He planned on matching a reasonable contract, he didn't plan on matching a stupid contract. He didn't match when he evaluated that contract and decided it decreased the chances of winning a title. Do you want the rockets to be a title contender like the spurs or do you want them to be the Denver nuggets, make the playoffs and then lose. We saw what parsons did in the playoffs, is that all you wanted? More first round exists? He isn't Kawhi. He's a role player who put up decent numbers as defenders worried about harden and Howard. He's not the man, he's the silly boy with a fat head.

1 person likes this.
  17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Pancakes?

18. houactuar

houactuar Member

Not entirely insane. Ariza has playoff experience. He wasn't the star on a championship team but played his role that allowed his team to advance. Parsons was not good enough to win with two superstars on his team. When his team needed one second of defense vs Damian lillard did parsons help Howard and harden or did he let them down? I think ariza is better for this team than chandler weak defense slow footed defense as exposed vs Damian lillard.

Parsons last play as a rocket, gives up series winner vs Portland.[​IMG]

19. MystikArkitect

Haven't looked forward to a Rockets season this much in a long time. Tumultuous off season of course, but can't say we won't have some guys, coaches and front office with a lit fire under their ass.

Let's see what Bosh, Melo and Parsons have in them.

20. Remii

Remii Member

That's why I believe our defense is bad period. We play a lil too fast. I always believed if they slowed the ball down _ the players would have more energy for defense. This team worries more about scoring than stopping teams from scoring. We've seen Parsons play defense, we know he can but once he started having more responsibilities on offense at the pace they play, playing a gang of minutes _ that will effect a player on the defensive side of the ball. These guys are not machines and McHale runs them into the ground (particularly Harden and Parsons).

So we'll just have to wait to see what transpires on the court this upcoming season.