1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons likes his new home in Dallas better than Houston because 'it's cleaner here'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockettes, Oct 7, 2014.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

When did McHale say this? I'm pretty sure I remember Morey saying something about Parsons trying to get a raise two seasons back as well.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That's not really true anymore, downtown has way more to do now than it did even just 5 years ago. Anyone who thinks there still isn't anything to do downtown just hasn't been there much recently

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...-rush-search-for-rotation-players/#27356101=0

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Agreed....same here. Born and raised in Houston....lived in Dallas since 2005. Work in Plano and own a business in Uptown. Dallas "looks" cleaner because of stricter zoning laws but sacrifices diversity as a result. Uptown area is just a bunch of insecure dbags. My home is in Whiterock area because it's the closest thing to "down to earth" that I can find here in Dallas.

Food sucks and the culture is pretentious....hence the "cleaner" look. Parsons is a douche and fits in perfectly here.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is openly running his mouth like McGrady without the talent of Tracy though.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

At least a president didn't get assassinated in Houston...

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I never thought the food sucked. the thing I liked about it was all the restaurants were in a tight radius unlike Houston you got to be driving all around. uptown area attracts all the young People that are like 21-28; hence the dbags. I lived off turtle creek, and there were some dbags in my area/ building too.

no diversity is an understatement. place is white

8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm Asian so the Asian food is terribly lacking. Along with most every other ethnic food. I agree on the tight radius though. 10-20 minutes to get most anywhere. 45 mins in Houston.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PIdSGEhv7PU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. dram1

dram1 Member

There was a time that I would have completely agreed with his opinion and moved on, but I cant agree any longer. Houston has come a long way from the '90's when downtown was desolate ghost town after 7pm...now there are many places to hangout right in downtown. And several areas are still developing...ie the Washington corridor. I recently saw folks on a over sized party machine...paddling away and drinking it up...Always something to do.

Its not Houston's fault that all he wanted to do is spoon with Jeremy Lin and play video games.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone should "borrow" Parsons' cell phone while he's sitting in the car and drop him off, alone, in Oak Cliff about 2 am. See how he likes Dallas after that, if he comes out in one piece. Good lord, I'm getting sick of reading about this chump, who was my favorite player on the Rocks before he showed his true colors.

I agree with B-Bob. Can't we keep all the Parsons crap in one thread?

12. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

One day pretty boy Parson's will get his. Now that we all know he is a huge twat, glad to have his glory hungry ass out of here.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I agree about the Asian food. BTW, what are your thoughts on Sisu Uptown?

14. shsu33

shsu33 Member

I've grown up in Houston, lived in Detroit back in 2006. Lived in Orlando for 2013 and now live in Addison (behind enemy lines). Don't like being here but have to til 2016 when Marriott Marquis opens in downtown Houston. Dallas is much like Orlando with exception to snow in winter, replacing Mexican with PR & Cubans plus Brazilian tourist that like to stop in front of doorways at the outlet malls and stand in everyone's way with their rolling suitcases. Dallas doesn't need Brazilian tourist, their main population already act like dbags. Him being from Orlando he's def more at home in Dallas. I'm sure he likes the whiter cleaner looking city in which we are proud to be the opposite. As much as Dallas hates to hear it and I love to tell them, Houston is a more international city. Even their own DMN writers have admitted it along with how overrated the food and chefs are in lil d. The DFW area really wants to be known as a metroplex but its actually a suburban sprawl, they line bldg's up along the freeways in hopes you can't tell there's not much behind them. They try and do everything big but they have no substance. Yes, Dallas is cleaner but they will never have a port system, which makes us the most important city in Texas and also gives us the crap weather and ugliness many upper class white ppl don't like (Parsons). So these scarred upper white class ppl move away to uppity cleaner places and try to downplay our city so they can feel justified in leaving even though it was really about them. Parsons deserves a city like lil d and lil d deserves another dbag like Parsons and Cuban, they are made for each other!

1 person likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Underneath it all, deep down..... at his roots, Chandler's just Florida white trash.

1 person likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Honestly, it's true. Downtown Dallas IS cleaner than Downtown Houston, and there's tons more to do IN DOWNTOWN. However, the second you venture outside of that 3 mile radius of downtown, you see where Houston completely trumps Dallas. We have much more flavor, and much more culture than Dallas. I do wish Houston didn't have so many ugly pockets of town, but it comes with being a major international city.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think it's pretty visible. He just has a ton of money and endorsement deals. It comes from looks, not from smarts.

But I'm not "mad", not even surprised. He's not a saint, he's just an immature dude in his 20's that's had the world handed to him. I never had any pretense that he was some role model just because he wore Rockets red.

The Mavs on-court performance this season is where it will get amusing.

18. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

anyone else get the impression that Cuban encourages Chandler to keep talking his mouth?

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rookie Chandler was humble, kept his mouth shut, worked hard, and was just trying to contribute anyway he can (like giving effort on D). As soon as he got a glimpse of success and the spotlight, his ego blew up.

20. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I don't know about Houston, but I was in Dallas a few years ago and it sort of sucks. I thought it was a big city, but there wasn't a whole lot to do beyond a few spots in downtown. I literally exhausted everything I wanted to do there in like 10 hours. Also, I thought that the brisket was good there, but found out that good Texas BBQ is not in the bigger cities and more like the small in between towns. So, besides the original Sonny Bryans and maybe Rudy's (chain), all the BBQ places I went to in Dallas sort of sucked.

I stayed in downtown Dallas but it was inconvenient to get around as the public transportation wasn't very good and I needed to drive most of the time. I went to a game at the new Cowboys stadium was surprised that it's in the middle of nowhere. Outside of downtown, it seems like Dallas Fort Worth is a bunch of suburban sprawl connected by desert and tumbleweeds. I can see why Lamar Odom wanted to kill himself after moving there. Oh, and the humidity in Dallas Fort Worth area is pretty unbearable.

I heard that Houston has a bunch of strange zoning where you'd have neighborhoods where you could have a towing and repair garage next to a cemetary, next to a grocery store and some random residential homes in between.