1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons dunks on McHale and tell him 'watch your head'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

White on white crime Part Deux.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This fool is not even 1 percent of the player McHale was. McHale would have swatted Chandler Parsons into the 8th row.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm not going to lie: Chandler was dope when he played for us. Before the injury and signing with a jackass organization, CP seemed to have all the talent to be our starting SF for years to come. I was initially impressed with his defense, especially on guys like KObe, but once he forgot about playing defense, he lost his appeal.

I mean, a guy with his size, with handles, with decent shooting range and hops was a breath of fresh air. Now, Chandler is a reluctant defender, mediocre spot up shooter and potentially an injury waiting to happen.

Lucky for us, Trev was cool about returning to Htown after being exposed under pressure during his first contract with us. I felt badly for him because we tried to put him in a Tmac role, which wasn't conducive to his strengths as a slasher and defender. He's always had the 3 point shot, but even in LA with Kobe, he was most effective as a spot-up shooter. All of those bricks off the dribble were painful, almost as painful as those epic Rafer Alston nights of clankers.

Anyway, Chandler needs to bite his tongue at this point and let his game do the speaking. I'm sure Kevin laughed this all off because he's a softy :), but putting himself in a picture with 2 of the NBA's top 50 of all time is disrespectful.

It must be the water in the Mav's locker room. Erick Dampier had a sip and said he was better than Yao, and we all know how that battle turned out.

Trevor is multi-dimensional at this point in his career, so maybe CP is bitter about his standing in Houston or embarrassed that his game doesn't align with that MASSIVE contract he got from Marky Mark.

The Mavs' roster is interesting. Along with Chandler, you have an aging crew but also some new life with Wesley and our brother DWill. They lost a lot of offense with Monta leaving, but Chandler will have his opportunity to get up more shots this year. He'll have to...Dirk isn't taking them anywhere alone.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

McHale is one of the top 50 players in NBA history. Chandler isn't even top 50 in SEC history.

5. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Obscurity? just last month people were claiming he was a beast recruit when they almost got DJ, and wasn't he just invited to Team USA camp again?

Not to mention everyone here seems to love taking about him. smh
    It was a joke picture McHale dont give a **** about it im sure.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

No one here is butthurt about this dude at all. Morey saved our ass by not matching and I couldn't be more thrilled.

What goes severely unnoticed is how last year, when Parsons was signed, the whole country was putting that team on the pedestal and the Rockets were ostracized as being the bad guys and that we became a significantly worse team.

How the tables have turned. But yet, it seems that no one talks about how this dude just talks out of his ass. The media and the country still glorify Dallas as some competitive team, but yet, the Rockets are somehow still viewed as villains, which is beyond me.

You have Dallas fans who were screaming they were contenders when they signed Parsons, and now look what's happened. And if you talk to Dallas fans, it's hilarious how they still think this dude can be a franchise player.

The Houston-Dallas rivalry is real. And any opportunity I can to **** on that city, I will, and I'm sure a majority of the BBS will join me. Get off your high horse, bro.

7. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Im not on a high horse... the Houston-Dallas rival is dead. The Mavs aren't relevant and probably won't even make the playoffs why both talking about them?

Ok yea maybe the media gave them some attention last year, but hey at the point they had at least made some noise in the playoffs in recent years.

But they are trash now... time to move on to OKC/GSW/SAS or hell dust off the Jazz rivalry because that team should disgust us most of all.

Let it go, you all need to quit checking Parsons IG

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

People can't stop talking about Chandler... smh

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

How is the rivalry dead!?!

The Mavs still get a lot of attention solely on pretty boy Parsons. This chick from Grantland still slobbers over him.

Also, Dallas as a potential destination for KD instead of Houston?!

Yeah, Dallas is still in the limelight even if they aren't contenders.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Meh ekku never heard of i45 interstate rivalry. Smells like an LOF

11. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

It is still a rivalry despite the Mavs, Cuban, Parsons, Mavs fans and some of the media aren't as good as they think they are. They will want to beat us more than anyone other team in the NBA.

I-45 rivalry history
    We just sent them packing last season
    Parson/Cuban club fest won’t ever be forgotten.
    We got Howard despite Cuban thinking he had the better fit.
    Cuban is jealous that Morey consistently makes better moves than him
    We still have 2 Championships (back to back) and close to #3 vs their one banner that will remain lonely for a long time
    We got Jet back! They ex-JAZZ Williams not Beverley… There a bunch of hate right there. LOL
    Les has class, keeps the chatter fairly quiet and Cuban is poster child of LOOK AT ME ownership!!!
    I’m pretty sure Harden likes to send a message to Parsons and show him what a real $15 million player looks like.
    AND THE REAL REASON…. BECAUSE THEY ARE DALLAS

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

It's a joke, i don't care. I'm not a parsons fan anymore simply because he's no longer a rocket. The fact that he signed with a rival that offered him a max deal and we chose not to match doesn't make me hate him. Any of us would have done the same thing.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

For the last time, nobody hates Parsons for taking the money...

14. AkeemOlaDROwon

it's not about the money at all. I think most fans are angered by the way he left. He didn't give us any wiggle room by signing his pretty much un-tradable contract at the stroke of midnight which didn't allow us to get our ducks in a row and immediately posted d-bag pics on Twitter of him and Cuban. He also said Houston was dirty and Dallas was "nicer, cleaner". I don't care who you are but if you diss the city I love you are on my **** list.