1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chandler Parsons: Crunch-Time Benching Feud

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 4, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just guessing that MacM hustles harder than Sefko?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like Jerry Lin, too much drama in the LBC for such mediocre players. Chandler is barely better than Walt Williams, and Walt wasn't such a diva... Nor did he make max money.

3. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

To think many Rockets fans overrated him over Kawhi Leonard back then, so much LOL in that i can't stop laughing. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. omgTHEpotential

Please provide quotes.

5. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Sefko is not a journalist- he's a knob polisher.

6. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

As you can see from my join date, i was not here for just the past week or so, i KNEW what was said about this issue back then, in 2011-2013 time period. And yes, Parsons was showing more on those days, so i actually understood the sentiment at that time.

But some of the better knowledgeable Rockets fans did see deeper and further than just the raw stats produced by these particular players, and they shared the same sentiment of mine of which player is actually the real superior one.

Parsons is not a bad player, but the rose colored glasses wore in this forum clouded much of his praise back then.

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

Oh he's very right, don't worry. I'll vouch.

8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I admit I thought that CP was going to be better than Kawhi... Is it coaching or ego that separated the two?... Or Talent?

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

all of the above.

I wonder if Chandler Parsons still turns into an expert b**** if he was coached by Pop.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

As much as I hate to admit a parsons/Ariza combo would have been awesome

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Parsons is just jelly that someone in Rockets got to that Kardashian p***y before he did.

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or work ethic?

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

An easy decision, Easy. A cornerstone. They usually have something important inside for future generations to discover, like a used toothbrush, a copy of Mad Magazine, and a photo of the architect's girlfriend. You know, the usual.

1 person likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

You're not alone Chandler. :p

Wesley Matthews on sitting significant stretches of crunch time in the last two games: "Yeah, I was frustrated. I've never been taken out of a game in crunch time. I haven't. That's new to me. I've always been especially a crunch-time player, so I don't know. It is what it is. I control what I can control. & I want to win games. I want to win games. I know I can be on the court to do that, but if that's his decision not to have me out there, that's his decision. I've got to be a team player, be a man about it, be professional about it and cheer my ass off and be ready."

Matthews, who signed a four-year, $70 million max deal with Dallas this summer, ranks second in the NBA in clutch plus-minus (plus-81) behind only teammate Dirk Nowitzki but was replaced by Raymond Felton down the stretch in an overtime win over the Grizzlies and overtime loss to the Jazz.

15. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I remember reading that argument on CF and yes, a number of people compared Parsons to Leonard favorably. But that's ok. There's been a thousand stupid arguments made on CF.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I knew Kawhi was going to be better than Marcus freaking Morris, still don't understand that one Murray...

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Got into a heated exchange with ZaZa in OT

18. bcast89

bcast89 Member

He's still playing well, on a winning team. Can't be mad at the guy forever.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol he has been complaining about zaza all year

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/s61t" width="640" height="388" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>